Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by S-H »

EastBrisHammer wrote:I find Cornwall a bit overrated. For some reason I prefer Devon and Dorset. Better weather and almost as beautiful with some more sizable places to visit if it is raining. Easier to get to as well. I can get to Weymouth in less than one hour and 30 minutes.
Do you like Weymouth?

I can't stand it, persnonally.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

claretandblue82 wrote:https://carmardenim.com/products/extreme-cut-out-jean" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know who is more stupid, the person that made them or the dozy bints that will fork out for them!
I like them and hope they become really popular.
sendô

Post by sendô »

The fact that Chris Evans mum dying is headline news irks me.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Chris Evans
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

somerset-hammer wrote:Do you like Weymouth?

I can't stand it, persnonally.
Weymouth isn't quaint but I do like it. Some nice places to eat and drink, pretty harbour and some nice walks.

I think I have been to Cornwall too often so the whole picturesque fishing village thing has worn off. There are some lovely beaches if you get the weather. I just find Cornwall very boring if it rains.

I remember a few years ago being in Paignton in Devon and sitting on the beach until 7pm. It was lovely and quiet and then the next day the school holidays started and it turned into a hellhole.
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

sendô wrote:The fact that Chris Evans mum dying is headline news irks me.
The whole BBC News website irks me. It's difficult to find any real news among the rubbish. BBC Football isn't much better.
sendô

Post by sendô »

I think you're right, it used to be very good but has become increasingly riddled with tabloid journalism and populist stories of late.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

That Diane Abbott isn't dead.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

EastBrisHammer wrote:The whole BBC News website irks me. It's difficult to find any real news among the rubbish. BBC Football isn't much better.
I think the level or journalism as a whole has dropped considerably and is reflected on most news websites but especially the BBC which at one time was the best of the news websites out there bar none. Journalists are just like clones nowadays, copying and pasting news wires from the big news agencies and taking everything as gospel. The emphasis now is not on objectiveness and quality of content, its just about getting the news out there the fastest.
Another big contributor is the level of editorial quality and what is deemed newsworthy nowadays would be laughed at as being newsworthy 15 years ago. At the BBC in particular, I noticed a significant change after 2003 and the furrow surrounding the Iraq dossier and the whole Gilligham report which irked Blair to the point of the government clamping down on the BBC considerably. There were mass sackings, redundancies and resignations not least Greg Dyke who for many was one of the best director generals they'd worked under but was given his marching orders. He was replaced by Thompson who implemented the changes the government had imposed oversaw the redundancies, cuts and resignations to the point where quality content began to suffer, not only on the BBC website, but the BBC in general.

Before all this, I think it was world-class and a leader in so many fields of broadcasting, comedy, sport, news-gathering and programme making. Now IMO, I think it's a shadow of it's former self and it's reputation in the world has been irreparably damaged. You only have to look at some of the garbage it's turning out to see that.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:That Diane Abbott isn't dead.
Racist! (or possibly sexist).
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Hippoist
sendô

Post by sendô »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: I think the level or journalism as a whole has dropped considerably and is reflected on most news websites but especially the BBC which at one time was the best of the news websites out there bar none. Journalists are just like clones nowadays, copying and pasting news wires from the big news agencies and taking everything as gospel. The emphasis now is not on objectiveness and quality of content, its just about getting the news out there the fastest.
Symptomatic of the world around them in fairness. We don't want quality, we want fast and flash (apparently).
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

sendô wrote:I think you're right, it used to be very good but has become increasingly riddled with tabloid journalism and populist stories of late.

try the dailymail online site , its cringeworthy
S-H

Post by S-H »

Being several thousand pounds lighter, having just bought the leasehold on our house.

All because the c**** who built it, have the right to flog it to a 3rd party, who could then charge me what they like for it.

Hoping It'll be similar to the PPI scandal, and I will be able to claim it back one day, as they have made leaseholds illegal now (or so I believe) I won't count on it though.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Re. the BBC again.
Their latest trend of using continuity announcers with strong regional accents (even if it's a cockney one).
I have no problem with any accent, within programmes.
In between, it just sounds s*** & trying too hard.
Last edited by Samba on Thu May 03, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

EastBrisHammer wrote: The whole BBC News website irks me. It's difficult to find any real news among the rubbish. BBC Football isn't much better.
If your one of the four people that likes women's football it's great now! I went on their football pages a few weeks ago and half the stories were about it! :hush:
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

somerset-hammer wrote:Chris Evans
X2
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

sendô wrote:The fact that Chris Evans mum dying is headline news irks me.
TBF, it was only in the morning when millions were tuning in to discover he wasnt there. I suppose the BBC didnt have to announce it, but hey ho.

I'm with Somerset though........I can't really tolerate him for that long before switching over.

The bloke standing in for Evans......Vaseline or whatever his name is super-irritating.
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

claretandblue82 wrote:
If your one of the four people that likes women's football it's great now! I went on their football pages a few weeks ago and half the stories were about it! :hush:
Not the done thing I know, but I do agree.
I'll probably be reported to the thought police now, and then go misssing.
Thing is, I have used the BBC for years and I don't know any better. So now I'm stuck with the gender fluid,all inclusive arse licking fest from which I cannot escape. Unless I try elsewhere....
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Bezzies

other ****wit terms