Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Bromleyboy
Location: ....waiting for the lift so I can go to the next level
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Bromleyboy »

warp wrote:ok guys, now let's be polite. they're getting too much stick, they're west ham through and through and saved our club after all.

you know what? i'd like to dedicate them this song
Haven't listened to them for donkeys years - time to get the vinyl out :scarfer:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... o-12547891" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fonseca and super-agent Jorge Mendes were involved in talks that lasted for 75 minutes before viewing a luxury one bedroom property in the surrounding area.
A 'luxury' one bed in Theydon Bois/Loughton..... :lol:

Did it have a communal toilet?
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

It was made from the left over Lego jack had after doing a model of the LS.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

bubbles1966 wrote:https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... o-12547891" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fonseca and super-agent Jorge Mendes were involved in talks that lasted for 75 minutes before viewing a luxury one bedroom property in the surrounding area.
A 'luxury' one bed in Theydon Bois/Loughton..... :lol:

They probably offered him one of the 200 or so that they happen to know about in Upton Park area...!
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Mirror Football understands Fonseca's English is one cause for concern for West Ham's co-owners,
He understands far too much; they were hoping for someone who thought 'no money' actually meant 'billion pound transfer budget'.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

wobble wrote:would anyone have an idea how much money Sullivan/Gold has taken out of West Ham, in total.

All of it
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

It's funny, and heartbreaking, because it's true.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

bubbles1966 wrote:
He understands far too much; they were hoping for someone who thought 'no money' actually meant 'billion pound transfer budget'.
:lol:
shortofbrillant

Post by shortofbrillant »

claretandblue82 wrote:
If Moyes had any sense he will tell them where to go!
He already has. I would not be surprised in their plan was to fail to find a new manager and then use Moyes as the fall back. Good on Moyes for not putting up with that crap. The only reason Sullivan went to the press to say they were moving on from Moyes is because his ego could not handle anyone thinking that he had been turned down
trevshead10may1980

Post by trevshead10may1980 »

They are utter scumbags and the shameful treatment of Moyes proves it. If I was still living in Loughton, where I was born and bred, I would go the few short miles to Sullivans mansion and have a dump on his doorstep.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

chigwells finest wrote:next level will never come , its hardly ever come in 120 years
Next level doesn’t have to be going up a level. Could be going down one.
westhamlinnet
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 68 likes

Post by westhamlinnet »

Sullivan is being played like a fiddle. fornescu used him to firm up a better offer from his present club. Pellegrini will use the interest to ensure Seville bid for him. Benitez will ensure that Ashley gives him transfer money and a better deal. The only one we have a small chance of landing is Silva that is if Everton don't want him and his record in England is poor at best.

For a successful millionaire businessmen who has been in football for years his only achievement is getting most decisions wrong and making money for himself.

When we will be rid of these chancers
wobble
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by wobble »

We had a chance to let the board know how we feel during the Man U & Everton games.

I'm still dismayed that WHUISA didn't organise something, even this site and the so called fans of West Ham on social media were all too busy having polls to decide if Moyes should stay, which Sullivan listen to, according to the write up in the Standard.

Well now Moyes and his backroom staff have gone, thats probably over 120 years of football experience gone over night and now who are we left with, someone with a very small knowledge of how to run a football club and who's acting like they have mental health problems.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I think it’s fair to say the spot light is on the regime more now than ever. If ever there was a time that their actions will come under scrutiny it’s now. Perfect storm/perfect timing with season ticket renewals being directly implicated. We the customer have been knowingly undersold. Going to take some going to dig them out of this hole.
Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

What really typifies the board for me is the scattergun approach, and it seems its not only players but now managers. It really makes a mockery of us.

They tried to keep Moyes on a thread while they emailed every potential manager. The fact Moyes had some balls about him really screwed up their fall-back plans. The problem is we have Fonseca who apparently was only humouring the short one while the ink dries on his brand new Shaktar contract, they met with Pelligrini and were taken aback that he actually wanted money, they are dependent on Newcastle not giving Benitez what he wants and now they are meeting Emery; well cant see that one happening with a £20m transfer budget.

If we are moving to this imaginary next level, and that drivel spouted the other day about a quality manager etc. then surely you identify the manager you really want and go all out? Not meet enough people and hope one of them takes the bait.

West Ham London.... ppft
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

wobble wrote:We had a chance to let the board know how we feel during the Man U & Everton games.
I did my part but not showing up to a single game after Burnley and letting my seat sit empty :lol:

Not renewed either, f*** em!
ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer »

wobble wrote:We had a chance to let the board know how we feel during the Man U & Everton games.

I'm still dismayed that WHUISA didn't organise something, even this site and the so called fans of West Ham on social media were all too busy having polls to decide if Moyes should stay, which Sullivan listen to, according to the write up in the Standard.

Well now Moyes and his backroom staff have gone, thats probably over 120 years of football experience gone over night and now who are we left with, someone with a very small knowledge of how to run a football club and who's acting like they have mental health problems.

I agree that we missed a big chance but why does someone need to organise a protest?

As I said a number of times all it needed was a sit in protest after the lap of honour.
Everyone would have followed each other and all people had to do was sit on their backsides.

Instead it was a nice day, we won the game so people went off happy.

I'm beginning to think those who say the protests are result based are right.
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

Believer wrote: A 'luxury' one bed in Theydon Bois/Loughton..... :lol:

They probably offered him one of the 200 or so that they happen to know about in Upton Park area...!

Talking of which I wonder how many flats Sullivan got to add to his portfolio as part of the sale.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Sullivan reminds me of a bloke in the night club that gets the eye from an alright bird and then ignores her in the chance of pulling a top sort - to then get knocked back by the sort and look for the alright bird only to find her getting off with 6ft male model
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:Sullivan reminds me of a bloke in the night club that gets the eye from an alright bird and then ignores her in the chance of pulling a top sort - to then get knocked back by the sort and look for the alright bird only to find her getting off with 6ft male model
Or even worse...with your best mate.