Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by chappo59 »

hammer1975 wrote:I’m amazed so few picked up on Sulli’s interview around the time of the Burnley protests

He said we’d done good business in the recent windows but needed a bit of luck as transfers are largely down to luck

We’d just been unlucky - that’s all

I know, it’s nonsense. But it’s very worrying that he openly thinks that
And the dopey old sod Gold put it down to injuries, they were just trying to deflect the :thdn:
We_are_BML
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by We_are_BML »

Haven't read above so don't know if this has been covered but would people forgive the board if we invested 50 million this summer and finished top 8? I would say yes to a degree, I would still hate them with a passion but our main qualm with the move was not moving to the 'next level' as promised, this would surely be the next level everyone goes on about
V-M
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

We_are_BML wrote:Haven't read above so don't know if this has been covered but would people forgive the board if we invested 50 million this summer and finished top 8? I would say yes to a degree, I would still hate them with a passion but our main qualm with the move was not moving to the 'next level' as promised, this would surely be the next level everyone goes on about
One swallow does not make a summer. It might be a step in the right direction 'on the pitch' but there's a lot of improvement that also needs to happen elsewhere. Stadium, training ground, PR...

Dont forget its also the West Ham way not to build on a successful season so I'd imagine another relegation scrap the year after.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

^^^^^^^^^^^

I am sure they will get a pass from a load of people......

Won't forgive them, but it is far easier for me (and the like) having been away for so long...they should NEVER be forgiven for what they have done and continue to do.....nor Brady.....

Don't forget they haven't put a bean in and more than likely will lend the club more money to pay for MP and his staff and then charge interest for it...

don't think for one minute that they have put their collective hands in their collective pockets to front this..

:x :x :x
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

‘We’ could win the league and cup this year and the next and I won’t forgive them. Until they’ve gone my previously happy forty plus years footballing marriage will have the relationship status of ‘separated’.
GreenStHammer

Post by GreenStHammer »

DaveWHU1964 wrote:‘We’ could win the league and cup this year and the next and I won’t forgive them. Until they’ve gone my previously happy forty plus years footballing marriage will have the relationship status of ‘separated’.

I'll only be happy once they are long gone too.
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

DaveWHU1964 wrote:‘We’ could win the league and cup this year and the next and I won’t forgive them. Until they’ve gone my previously happy forty plus years footballing marriage will have the relationship status of ‘separated’.
This.

I will never forgive them, nor shed a single tear when they die.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

With you, Dave. :thup:
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1208 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Samba wrote: Dave Wrong 'Un..

Sorry bit late, that's excellent. D'you think they'd print that on the back of away shirt for me?
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

hammer1975 wrote: Sullivan said we’d done good business in the recent windows but needed a bit of luck as transfers are largely down to luck
chappo59 wrote: Gold put it down to injuries, they were just trying to deflect
Just smoke and mirrors, as you say Chappo.

They have a line they repeat, whether it be luck, injuries, decisions going against, supporters not being supportive enough, etc.

They'll never admit though that they are out of their depth.
Longaz
Has liked: 1385 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

Could be mistaken but pretty sure i just heard Gold say he wants Pellegrini to turn Rice into an England player on Talksport :eh:
Remo
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Remo »

Longaz wrote:Could be mistaken but pretty sure i just heard Gold say he wants Pellegrini to turn Rice into an England player on Talksport :eh:
Nope, not mistaken. Good luck with that David :lol:
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Out of their Depth! They have to GO!
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

This is car crash radio!

:oops:

Just wheel him back to his bedroom.

Is there a bigger **** outside our boardroom than Jim ****ing White?
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

somerset-hammer wrote:This is car crash radio!

:oops:

Just wheel him back to his bedroom.

Is there a bigger **** outside our boardroom than Jim ****ing White?

simon jordan was on earlier !

they wont be going in the near future , i did listen to the interview, ( jim White ) has propelled himself to the annals of eternal **ntdom once again

i dont dislike Gold , in the same way i dont like his dwarf like business partner
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

chigwells finest wrote:
i dont dislike Gold , in the same way i dont like his dwarf like business partner
Despise the three of them.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

The new pictures and videos of Spurs new purpose built football ground are stunning

Kudos Gold and Sullivan, thank goodness they didn't get in at the OS
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Rice is eligible for England.

Though, I certainly wouldn't bank on Gold knowing that full when saying it.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

WILDFIRE‏ @FingerInYourPie 12m12 minutes ago
@JimWhite Jim, the tough questions weren't answered because you didn't ask any. You're a sycophant, Jim. People know it and that's how you get these so called big interviews. I love the show, but don't try and kid us. #WestHam @talkSPORT

bingbong‏ @moaningtwonk 14m14 minutes ago
@JimWhite @talkSPORT what an absolute suck up twat you are to any owner so you can continue to get snippets of info , that interview with the asset stripper of West Ham was embarrassing

Adamski007‏ @peppercat1972 16m16 minutes ago
Replying to @chrisjohnwood18 @JimWhite
I was listening to golds puppet what a embarrassment,I don't think west ham fans will be fooled by that chat.

Jordan Schultz‏ @J_Schultz25 18m18 minutes ago
@JimWhite @bobmillstt @mickygray33 Guys im not a West Ham fan but even i could See that Jim was holding back and not tackling the main issues west ham fans want to hear about, instead he was protecting his old mate just like he always does. That isnt the interview they wanted.

saxon71‏ @stuafc71 12m12 minutes ago
@JimWhite @talkSPORT You ask West Ham fans to call in. But if anyone dares question the board. You’ll shut them down and call them moaners. the positive calls will stay on

Richard Tutthill‏ @RichTu 11m11 minutes ago
@talkSPORT Not a West Ham fan ( Forest ). I'd be seething at the interview I'd just heard. Jim White just blowing smoke up David Golds arse. He wants West Ham fans to buy into the amazing things that are going to happen next season. Mouthpiece journalism at its worst !!

ST‏ @Yorkshire77 55s55 seconds ago
I love the fact we have the internet and social media now to hold people in “perceived” positions of influence to account. West Ham’s owners are a right set of dickheads

John Ridley‏ @Ridderz86 3m3 minutes ago
****ing west ham chairman spouting off about spending loads of money as if that fixes it all. Is that all they are bothered about?

Jason Zammit‏ @Skoobaskunk 4m4 minutes ago
@talkSPORT @JimWhite West Ham #puppet and board sympathiser. Talk Sport filtering callers and only putting through board supporters. Wake up and smell what you’re shovelling. #shameful!!!
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

jim white should get henry winter and oliver holt on his show and discuss their lively riposte with shaun custis