Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 67 days remaining

Post by S-H »

Gabers wrote:Anderson who had supposed interest from Chelsea? Now being courted by Leicester/Southampton and linked with us? Smacks of agent work doesn’t it
Sullivan's dream.
M*A*R*C

Post by M*A*R*C »

Chalks doesn't qualify as ITK because:

1.He only ever has bad news;

2. He is always right.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Pellers is gonna be right impressed when he returns from his holiday, ain't he. ? I must admit earlier this evening the thought crossed my mind that Sully sent in a mob to mug him and his Mrs. There must have been money in her handbag
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

"Working tirelessly night and day"

"More difficult than expected"

"Due to the reduced transfer window and World Cup we couldn't get X over the line despite offering a record fee"

"Despite the window closing we have strengthened by bringing in out of contract international player Gareth Barry" :scarfer:
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

Fredericks would be a decent signing.

Only 25, English and was in the Championship PFA team of the year for 2017/18.

On a Bosman transfer, what's not to like?
Tackler

Post by Tackler »

Don't worry Sullivan can threaten he'll loan a player from some club if they wont accept his deal!
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

smuts wrote:
"Despite the window closing we have strengthened by bringing in out of contract international player Gareth Barry"
It says a lot that Barry would improve our current squad.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

Tackler wrote:Don't worry Sullivan can threaten he'll loan a player from some club if they wont accept his deal!
I hope when Sullivan emailed PSG about Pastore he remembered to omit the "or we'll loan a player off PSG" line from it if he did a copy and paste job....
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

Puff Daddy wrote:
But if reports are true, they are not going to be his mates for very much longer and in any event, just what are his relationships with them if he has rejected a huge pay increase from their employers to go across town and join a rival ? Imagine if you were one of his team mates, how would you feel that you are sharing your holiday with a mate who thinks he's twice as good as you? You are happy with your lot, but this guy want double what you're earning, but there he is, sharing his holiday with you. Persinally, I am amazed they've gone on holiday with him

Perhaps he's paying for them all out of his signing on fee. :P

Have to admit it's a fair slog from ' signing over the weekend' to 'off on holiday with his mates'
noblecause

Post by noblecause »

Does anybody (other than Sullivan perhaps) actually believe that people will renew due to leaks of potential star signings?
BostonHammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by BostonHammer »

smuts wrote:
I hope when Sullivan emailed PSG about Pastore he remembered to omit the "or we'll loan a player off PSG" line from it if he did a copy and paste job....
I just peed on myself a little.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

People seem to forget that Pellegrini doesn’t give a f***. He’s been coining it in in a joke league for two years and now he’s signed up to live in a fantastic city and get paid a fortune to make it look like Sully gives a ****.

The reality is that Moyes has already sussed him and was already kicking up a fuss about transfers.

Spending £7m on Pellegrini is nothing when it means Sully can avoid spending any money on players.

We’ve been here before, every season since the day they arrived. Joke of a club and as ever, I’m sorry for any of you that have bought a season ticket again. It will be a long slog watching Noble and Kouyate getting overrun in midfield for the 4th successive season whilst twin£15m strikers sit on the bench every week.

:|
IlGallo
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by IlGallo »

At least we've gone from failing to borrow aplayer from PSG to failing to sign aplayer from PSG. That's progress.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

If they were serious (don’t laugh) about signing Pastore, did they really think he’d just drop his wage demands when he’s still under contract?

I know he probably wants to earn as much money for him and his family as he can but why wouldn’t he drop £100k a week to join a team who were fighting off relegation for a large part of last season?!
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 298 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

Puff Daddy wrote:I wonder how much Sully offered Lazio for Anderson ? Player was valued at £35m, Not that it matters, but we'll be playing against him now next season, Leicester and Saints sniffing around him
Allegedly we offerred €35M or £33.5M and Lazio has set his price at €50M (they have to give 25% to the club in Brazil they bought him from), he's staying at Lazio if that's true because nobody is paying that for him.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Why do we want Pastore again? Always getting injured and nearly 29 and for the wages he wants? Come on now.

The money (or the shrapnel) should be spent on the positions we really need to strengthen.
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 298 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

Hayden wrote:If they were serious (don’t laugh) about signing Pastore, did they really think he’d just drop his wage demands when he’s still under contract?

I know he probably wants to earn as much money for him and his family as he can but why wouldn’t he drop £100k a week to join a team who were fighting off relegation for a large part of last season?!
Players in the last years of a contract who are close to 30 often take a wage cut to get to a club where they'll see the pitch. Remember he'll get 3-4 more years at whatever the new wage is. 4 years at £130,000 a week is often better than 1 year at £170,000 a week where you waste away in the substitutes and lower your value on the next contract. Taking less for the first year to lock in the next 3-4 is a pretty common situation with players moving out of their prime.

Pastore asking for a raise to sign tells me he doesn't want to be here, he's trying to ensure we don't sign him by making a huge wage demand.

Overall I'd move on. He's a good player, but he'll be 29 next season and into his decline, and £190,000 would not only be a massive overpay it would destroy the wage structure and we'd have a number of unhappy players looking for raises.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

I say this as a life long fan who will die as one too, but why WOULD most people want to come here? I imagine with most we’ll have to tempt them with higher wages
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Hayden wrote:I say this as a life long fan who will die as one too, but why WOULD most people want to come here? I imagine with most we’ll have to tempt them with higher wages
I thought Sully would just turn up to meet a player carrying a framed picture of Pellers, that's why we got him, right? For the big game fishing?
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

I wouldn't be worrying too much just yet , I should imagine the serious stuff won't start until Pellegrini is back in Britain to talk things over with Sullivan and [ Husillos ? ] .