Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

noblecause

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by noblecause »

Swallowed the b****hit. Wish they'd never got involved. Profit vampires.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

If it had been someone else taking over, do people think we would have still ended up at the bowl?
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1209 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Bristol :thup:

Reads like an epitaph for WHUFC. In all truth, that's what it is.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

somerset-hammer wrote:If it had been someone else taking over, do people think we would have still ended up at the bowl?
We'll never really know and can only guess.However, 'someone else' could not have made a worse job of the actual move than GSB.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Just been back a page.

Bristol - cracking post, sir.

:thup:
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1224 likes
Total likes: 1643 likes

Post by last.caress »

somerset-hammer wrote:If it had been someone else taking over, do people think we would have still ended up at the bowl?
No. Hadn't the Icelandics already looked at that option and abandoned it once they'd seen that it wasn't viable with the running track, reduced capacity etc.? I might be remembering that wrong but I thought they were already looking at other sites, or at further development of the BG?
S-H

Post by S-H »

johnnyb wrote:
We'll never really know and can only guess.However, 'someone else' could not have made a worse job of the actual move than GSB.
Very true, johnnyb.
Andytheammer

Post by Andytheammer »

Albie Beck wrote:Every West Ham fan should read that Brisl. :thup:

Seconded :thup:
S-H

Post by S-H »

last.caress wrote:
No. Hadn't the Icelandics already looked at that option and abandoned it once they'd seen that it wasn't viable with the running track, reduced capacity etc.? I might be remembering that wrong but I thought they were already looking at other sites, or at further development of the BG?
Could be right Elsie.

Very sad to think what could have been, the way our club fell into Sullivans lap, and what has since transpired, is very depressing.

Does anyone know what S&G were doing around the time of the Icelandic bank collapse?

:wink:
Shy Ted
Has liked: 453 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Shy Ted »

Re: bristolhammerfc post one page back :thup:

Great post Mr Bris.
Coops
Has liked: 444 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

Great post Bristol.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Ta for that Bristol :thup:
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Great and honest post from Bristol. I’m not searching for a round of applause but I had a low opinion on Gold and Sullivan shortly after they were appointed. A shiver went down my spine when I read the open letter from the Birmingham fan.

I’m no angel but I find them revolting. I made money in my life through firefighting and honest trade. I ain’t a millionaire but I’m ok. Gold and Sullivan made it through sleeze and exploitation. They have also created much misery on their path to wealth. But this is just a personal thing.

Football wise they are imbeciles. Mad actually. Einsteins definition of repeating the same mistakes is clearly evident. Razzel dazzel - leads to failure -leads to rebuilding- leads to more razzel dazzel- more failure. Throughout this repeated sequence the Dildo brothers get richer. What a legacy though. Known as a pair of corrupt failures. The money is irrelevant as far as I’m concerned. If they weren’t robbing us they would be ****ing up someone else. Their kind will always be rich in this country.

Low life scum.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Catching up on the forum at the min.
Fantastic post from Bristol .
spod
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by spod »

Thanks for that post, Bristol.
There’s a cracking book waiting to be written about the reign of the dildo brothers.
Maybe some of the more knowledgeable and ITK posters on KUMB could start the ball rolling.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

excellent post, sometimes you read stuff on here that is just brilliant . concise and perfectly sums them up
Last edited by chigwells finest on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Bristol's post sums up pretty much how I saw things unfolding. The only area I really depart from him is buying into their bullsheet. I knew their Birmingham adventures had been less than glorious (although what's new for brum) and thought they might possibly be over-promising. I'm not unhappy at the OS but understand those who are. My opinion of sulli was always pretty low, but unfortunately he's incompetent as well as creepy. I don't care if they make money out of the club, as long as the club reaps rewards along with it. So far they've failed to do just that.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:Great and honest post from Bristol. I’m not searching for a round of applause but I had a low opinion on Gold and Sullivan shortly after they were appointed. A shiver went down my spine when I read the open letter from the Birmingham fan.
I was in the same boat. It's just history repeating itself. Birmingham City FC was effectively a property deal that went wrong and they managed to get out with a tidy profit. Then they saw us and the bowl...
Hugh Jargon II wrote: Football wise they are imbeciles. Mad actually. Einsteins definition of repeating the same mistakes is clearly evident. Razzel dazzel - leads to failure -leads to rebuilding- leads to more razzel dazzel- more failure. Throughout this repeated sequence the Dildo brothers get richer. What a legacy though. Known as a pair of corrupt failures. The money is irrelevant as far as I’m concerned. If they weren’t robbing us they would be ****ing up someone else. Their kind will always be rich in this country.
It might make them scum of the earth but they're not in Football for Football's sake they're in it to make money for themselves. Someone else posted recently the old saying "How do you become a millionaire owner of a Football club? Start as a billionaire" not these two they've played a blinder by everything this country now holds dear to it's hearts, money money money. They've even managed to convince a number of fans that not spending club generated income on the team is somehow acceptable and in the best interests of the club.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

sad thing is we are stuck with them can not see them leaving anytime soon
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »