ITV v BBC

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Re: ITV v BBC

Post by Faithless »

DasNutNock wrote:Yeah but Pam Anderson.
True but even Pammy in her prime baywatch splender would struggle to eclipse the thunder-**** that is the Morgan :)
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

England v Columbia to be broadcast on ITV. I think that's a bad thing.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Bad omen?
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

I've liked that BBC did the VR app thing but the novelty soon wore off ( I lasted about 20mins of the first game then had to switch off). Good idea but a world cup too early, until it is in almost HD at least.

ITV seems to have a more 'professional' feel but what i like about watching England on BBC is that it feels like those FA cup games where a lower league team is playing one of the big boys.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Up the Junction wrote:England v Columbia to be broadcast on ITV. I think that's a bad thing.
Faithless wrote:Bad omen?
In the last 20 years, England have only won 1 World Cup match shown exclusively on ITV!

For the round of 16, ITV get 1st pick of 2 matches - so England and probably Uruguay v Portugal which is Saturday at 7:00pm (3:00pm matches are not that attractive to them). BBC get first pick of quarter final matches and ITV first pick of semi-finals. Both show the final.
Wembley1966

Post by Wembley1966 »

Broadcast schedule and how they were chosen

Saturday, 30 June
15.00 France v Argentina - BBC - 3rd pick
19.00 Uruguay v Portugal - ITV - 2nd pick

Sunday, 1 July
15.00 Spain v Russia - BBC - 6th pick
19.00 Croatia v Denmark - ITV - 4th pick

Monday, 2 July
15.00 Brazil v Mexico - ITV - 7th pick
19.00 Belgium v Japan - BBC - 5th pick

Tuesday, 3 July
15.00 Sweden v Switzerland - BBC - 8th pick
19.00 Colombia v England - ITV - 1st pick
hammerddh
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hammerddh »

Dream Line Up

Host
Pougatch

Studio Line Up
Lampard
Neville (G)
Bilic
Dont need any more than three. No time to talk

Commentary Team
In the absence of Hugh Johns or Gerald Sinstadt
John Champion & Ally McCoist
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

hammerddh wrote:Dream Line Up

Host
Pougatch

Studio Line Up
Lampard
Neville (G)
Bilic
Dont need any more than three. No time to talk

Commentary Team
In the absence of Hugh Johns or Gerald Sinstadt
John Champion & Ally McCoist
Sully would never sign off those deals!!
Faithless

Post by Faithless »

Up the Junction wrote:England v Columbia to be broadcast on ITV. I think that's a bad thing.
Faithless wrote:Bad omen?
Wembley1966 wrote:In the last 20 years, England have only won 1 World Cup match shown exclusively on ITV!
Some kind of exclusivity banning order needed methinks. In the national interest etc
Wembley1966

Post by Wembley1966 »

^^^ If England get to the semi-finals then that's on ITV.

There's talk of MPs and the Daily Mail will be saying that it's in the national interest and that it should be on BBC as well. Equally there's talk of MPs and the Daily Mail will be saying that the BBC wastes tax payers money and that it should be left to commercial interests!
Faithless

Post by Faithless »

Wembley1966 wrote:^^^ If England get to the semi-finals then that's on ITV.

There's talk of MPs and the Daily Mail saying that it's in the national interest and that it should be on BBC as well. Equally there's talk of MPs and the Daily Mail saying that the BBC wastes tax payers money and that it should be left to commercial interests!
Now that would be a thing of beauty, copies of the Daily Mail bursting into flames trying to decide which path of vitriol to take!
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

I would do unspeakable things to Jacqui Oatley.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I think Didier Drogba is a bit wooden
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

I think a semi would end up on both channels, it did in italia 90 from memory.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

AnthraxDave wrote:I would do unspeakable things to Jacqui Oatley.
Well, she's on ITV so hopefully she'll be giving us all a semi...
badabing
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by badabing »

The panel line up for France v Argentina was Lineker, Shearer, Drogba and Klinsmann. In their prime at todays market that has to be around £200 million of talent there. What would Shearer fetch today I wonder?
Pretty much the most complete centre forward England have had for many years.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

The coverage is appalling got Rio, Lineker, Neville, Sharer telling me about Spain vs Russia when they know nothing about either side. Would rather one of the spaces was taken by a journalist fomo that nation and give more insight.

I mean for christ sake, Lineker tweeted last night that Mbappe might be one of the best players in the world in years to come, yeah because the £150 mil last summer for a 17 year old didn't sort of indicate that

It's just so lazy, almost arrogant, do your research on these teams, you're getting paid handsomely for it and owe it to the audience
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

fmgod wrote:The coverage is appalling got Rio, Lineker, Neville, Sharer telling me about Spain vs Russia when they know nothing about either side. Would rather one of the spaces was taken by a journalist fomo that nation and give more insight.

I mean for christ sake, Lineker tweeted last night that Mbappe might be one of the best players in the world in years to come, yeah because the £150 mil last summer for a 17 year old didn't sort of indicate that

It's just so lazy, almost arrogant, do your research on these teams, you're getting paid handsomely for it and owe it to the audience
If you were at my house today. The tv would go on 5 minutes before kick off after a good chat and a few beers and then we’d log in to KUMB halfway through the game to tell everyone else the same. Grab a beer and forget the minor details in life.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

hammers92, you are quite correct - turn on for the game 5 mins before kick-off and do something useful at half-time. I’ve not watched that much of the pre-post match waffle and I don’t think my life is any worse for missing it. Today the TV went on at 3.02pm and I had a 15 minute power-nap at half time ... the panel could be made up of Fozzy Bear, Oliver Hardy and Daisy Duke for all I know.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

pablo jaye wrote:hammers92, you are quite correct - turn on for the game 5 mins before kick-off and do something useful at half-time. I’ve not watched that much of the pre-post match waffle and I don’t think my life is any worse for missing it. Today the TV went on at 3.02pm and I had a 15 minute power-nap at half time ... the panel could be made up of Fozzy Bear, Oliver Hardy and Daisy Duke for all I know.
There have been some very funny moments (usually involving Slav &/or Ian Wright) but yes, generally the majority of the waffle has been as dull & pointless, as ever.
Apart also, from perving over Jacqui Oatley & Alex Scott...