Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1408 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 2 days remaining

Post by YorksHammer »

Not sure on how reliable TEAMTalk is, but they're reporting that the coming of Perez spells the end for not just Hugill but also Carroll - https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive ... nd-carroll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1959 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Andre Gomes was injured during the US tour.

No telling how long he'll take to recover then probably needs 4-6 games to get up to speed.

Always played outside RM coming inside for Barca (that's their style allowing the FB's to bomb on) and has been rumoured to return to Valencia for some time...

Strange one this...........

Would rather buy....oops !! better not go there...

:lol:
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 206 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Different positions but we might only be able to afford one more player. FW or AM? Perez is flexible and can play as a creator so seems like a good option to me. It is tough to choose. We need more players!!!
Ludo1973
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Ludo1973 »

YorksHammer wrote:Not sure on how reliable TEAMTalk is, but they're reporting that the coming of Perez spells the end for not just Hugill but also Carroll - https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive ... nd-carroll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I assume that is a given. He will make the very odd appearance when fit and then be gone next summer. Such a waste.
alank2006

Post by alank2006 »

leer34 wrote:Its not just a lack of pace in midfield its a lack of energy
We are not going to spend 90 minutes attacking are we,
Plenty of games will rely on hustling in middle of the park and trying to turn over possesion to feed our attacking players, if we dont have the ball how will we attack?
Wont post in this subject again as dont want to go on but
Without a injection of real energy just dont see how current midfield copes with a opposition with any dynamism in middle, same as last year.
I dont't think it's a big deal in that position

Busquests
Xavi
Iniesta
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

SullySpecial wrote:Poor old Hugill. Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse for him, he now has to go and live in Middlesbrough for a year.
He looks like a lad that enjoys the sight of smog bellowing from the funnels of a northern industrial factory! He'll be in his element.

Can we convert Sam Westley into a midfielder? Still without a club since we released him!!
only1post
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by only1post »

sutts07 wrote:
They still have a few English lads such as Green, Cahill, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek and have Abraham and Hudson-Odoi coming through.

Plus they have players like Moses, and Fabregas who played three years at youth level and count as home grown. With those 8 in the squad, they could name 17 non home grown names.

They will no doubt go after Butland or Schmicheal as their number one also... both are considered home grown.
Thought they were going after the Spanish keeper.

If they get Kovacic as well I think they may be long of overseas players.

David Luiz as a DM anyone?
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:Pretty annoying that Dendoncker is going to Wolves when that is a position we need and a player that we were chasing previously.
We've changed manager since then though. Pellegrini said specifically yesterday that he wanted all the players we've signed. Sounds like he has final say, so no move for a player would suggest that he doesn't want them.
bobd_uk
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

only1post wrote:David Luiz as a DM anyone?
No thank you very much.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Modern wrote:What is Joao Mario like?
Bang average. Neat ‘n’ tidy technically sound footballer who always seems to take the ‘safe’ option, choosing to play the short, easy passes. So, a bit of a bottle-job in that sense. Therefore, he ultimately doesn’t really affect the game other than help keep possession. I was pretty under-whelmed given the reputation he arrived with..
Shy Ted
Has liked: 453 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Shy Ted »

Pulls up Trees wrote:There's no way Arnie would've played in nearly all our pre-season friendlies if any deal had been struck.

Not saying someone won't come in for him as a new approach though...
Monkey Mike wrote:I agree - as well as the interview with him recently talking about playing as a striker and wanting to do well this season (for us)
Arnie said
"The gaffer has changed a lot here, he wants us to play from the back, no long balls and chasing balls, we have to defend our balls but we have to defend our goal properly first then we go forward."

:lol:
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 542 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Modern wrote:What is Joao Mario like?
He is what i would call a confidence based player. He had one stand out game for us (all be it against a terrible Southampton side) and that was mainly due to him slapping one in the top corner very early in the game. He was buzzing that afternoon.

Other than that, nothing amazing at all. Steady and tidy, but not amazing.
westhamshares
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by westhamshares »

Who in their right mind is going to take Carroll even on loan when he is currently unfit even if West Ham pay all his obscene wages - I’ve had enough of the he’s unplayable on his days gonads - he’s Unplayable ‘cos he’s unfit most the time

And yes I recognise that without his goals last season we would probably have been relegated - just shows how ***** the rest of the strikers were under Moyes - he’s a Mardy moody waste of space whose earning a very good living under a trade misdescription as a footballer who gives a xxxx

Hopefully we’ve moved on from him once and for all

Terminate his contract and good riddance

Let’s see who takes him on
Longaz
Has liked: 1388 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

If it's a Drinkwater we're bringing in, i think it should be Cullen that we should be selling rather than Fernandes. They are the same age- literally born a week apart - and whilst Fernandes may not have shown much he's certainly shown more than Cullen has and imo has alot more potential. I just cant see Josh making it in the Premier league considering he kinda struggled to do much in the championship last year whilst Fernandes is a full swiss international.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Longaz wrote:If it's a Drinkwater we're bringing in, i think it should be Cullen that we should be selling rather than Fernandes. They are the same age- literally born a week apart - and whilst Fernandes may not have shown much he's certainly shown more than Cullen has and imo has alot more potential. I just cant see Josh making it in the Premier league considering he kinda struggled to do much in the championship last year whilst Fernandes is a full swiss international.
100% agree. Seems like a very decent and enthusiastic lad but I just don't think JC has got what it takes.
OohAahButler
Has liked: 570 likes
Total likes: 294 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

westhamshares wrote:Let’s see who takes him on
Not a fan then?
Last edited by Up the Junction on Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote edited.
hxhammer
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by hxhammer »

YorksHammer wrote:Not sure on how reliable TEAMTalk is, but they're reporting that the coming of Perez spells the end for not just Hugill but also Carroll - https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive ... nd-carroll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good, i'll happily drive the puss taker wherever he ends up
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 227 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

(translated)

Radio Marca
Vigo

@ RadioMarcaVigo
Follow Follow @ RadioMarcaVigo
More
Maxi Gomez is upset with the # CELTA and has asked to reconsider! The Vigo club has rejected the latest offer from West Ham (40M). The Uruguayan would charge 3,50M net in London against the gross € 300,000 that he charges in Vigo.
Bill
Stranded in the smog
Has liked: 143 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Bill »

SullySpecial wrote:Poor old Hugill. Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse for him, he now has to go and live in Middlesbrough for a year.
Since that's where he was brought up I don't suppose that's a problem for him. Also, it's a lot nicer up here than East London I can assure you. :)
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2400 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Danny Drinkwater would be a pointless signing IMHO