Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

e17
Has liked: 282 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by e17 »

“The lads at the Podium Bar will love this”
mushy
Has liked: 650 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

'You may accept this offer within 14 days and I hope that you do.'

There is something about the above statement that made me laugh.

It's like she is being kind and threatening at the same time but can't bring herself to tell them what will happen if they don't accept within 14 days (precisely nothing).

I bet poor old Lyn is quaking in her boots.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1970 likes
Total likes: 1654 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Shirley it's the same green extra carpet for both teams ?

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Indeed it is but our opponents only have to play one game with it, we have to play nineteen.
Exactly my point...we should be more used to it............
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

mushy wrote:'You may accept this offer within 14 days and I hope that you do.'

There is something about the above statement that made me laugh.

It's like she is being kind and threatening at the same time but can't bring herself to tell them what will happen if they don't accept within 14 days (precisely nothing).

I bet poor old Lyn is quaking in her boots.
Filed with the upcoming sporting Lisbon libel case for her boss’s being called the dildo brothers, it’s all PR sad bit is our gullible fans fall for it and don’t see the damage to our club
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

The state of our club arguing over the colour of the carpet. what we really want is seats closer to the pitch. awful stadium.
pbenjy
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by pbenjy »

the pink palermo wrote:
If the club really wanted to make progress, you know, for the good of the club, they would fire her and appoint a professional to do her job.
:thup: I believe that this is the key to solving a lot of problems at the club.
e17
Has liked: 282 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Post by e17 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Exactly my point...we should be more used to it............
Doesn’t mean it isn’t impeding performances for 18 games a season though, does it?

As far back as our first league game over there under Bilic, our lot were all commenting on how the contrast between the track cover and pitch was so feint that the distance and width of everything looked even more vast and ‘loaned’ - the optimistic STH lad next to us piped up with, “they’ll have that branded like the Boleyn’s academy of football signs by Christmas”

He’d given his ticket to his Mum & her mate by Christmas :lol:

That was 3 seasons ago. It still looks muggy, Brady’s letter at the very least shows how childish everyone dealing with the stadium is.
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

Today's tale of woe ....

A new legal dispute over the London Stadium has flared up after the venue’s owners refused to reinstate West Ham United’s honours board due to what they claim are unpaid bills by the club.

It should have been reinstated for the new season but in its place at the match against Bournemouth on Saturday was a London Stadium-branded board proclaiming “This Is For Everyone” in what some West Ham fans claim are provocative blue-and-white colours similar to Tottenham Hotspur’s.

Seems we're refusing to pay maintenance on the large screens, apparently we are arguing that our tenancy contract has no clause discussing such maintenance fees, in reply our landlords are now saying that the Honours Board isn't detailed in there either .... feckin' kindergarten stuff, it would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic .....
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

hammerman11 wrote:The state of our club arguing over the colour of the carpet. what we really want is seats closer to the pitch. awful stadium.
Easy wins though. Putting in a new surround is easy. Moving entire stands isn't.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

If the opposition players were as affected as us by the green surround, then we are going to be worse off by replacing it, because they clearly weren't as affected as badly we have been..
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

somerset-hammer wrote:If the opposition players were as affected as us by the green surround, then we are going to be worse off by replacing it, because they clearly weren't as affected as badly we have been..
Not sure I agree. Multiple games in our first season I recall both teams overhitting cross field passes.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Crikey, that abomination Karen showed in that photo makes you appreciate the green carpet even more!

Almost as ugly as her personality! :thdn:
S-H

Post by S-H »

^^^ Has the stadium ever been that full?
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Not only has it got green, it's got claret, and sky blue, and royal blue.

:thdn:

Look at the far left stand behind the goal as well, including the East Stand. Clearly made to look deceptive to hide the gap. We have actually been inside the stadium Karren, you can stop trying to make it look like it's fit for football now with fake CGI.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

wizzo_66 wrote: Look at the far left stand behind the goal as well, including the East Stand. Clearly made to look deceptive to hide the gap. We have actually been inside the stadium Karren, you can stop trying to make it look like it's fit for football now with fake CGI.
Crazy isn’t it, photoshopped to add in a fulll crowd and make it look like there is no gap behind that far goal :lol:
If we want if claret why don’t we just have the running track on show?
aaronhammer
Has liked: 175 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

wizzo_66 wrote:Not only has it got green, it's got claret, and sky blue, and royal blue.

:thdn:

Look at the far left stand behind the goal as well, including the East Stand. Clearly made to look deceptive to hide the gap. We have actually been inside the stadium Karren, you can stop trying to make it look like it's fit for football now with fake CGI.
To be fair, the green will be the existing astroturf which is there fore player warm ups (and doesn't look as bad as that image). Although it needs to go right to the corners and not just to the 18 yard box as it does now, and not like that image!

I'm not sure about the blue for London Stadium, but I think I would prefer as little of that as possible, and if we have to have a compromise and include it then this seems a sensible solution to me.

There might be bigger issues to sort out at the stadium, but the green cover is **** and needs sorting, so I'm glad the club are trying to do something about it.

It seems the owners and Brady can't win regardless of what they do. Yes they signed the **** deal which has us in this situation and should shoulder all the blame for that, but I'd rather now we're in the **** deal, that they try and make things as good as possible - because quite simply, we're not going anywhere!
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Jon Wilkinson @JS_Wilkinson
The @afcbournemouth captain Simon Francis tells @bbc5live that Europa League qualification would "be a natural progression for us." He also says West Ham's Olympic Stadium is a "strange place to play" and the home crowd are too far away to get behind their team effectively #afcb
Phil S
Has liked: 447 likes
Total likes: 376 likes

Post by Phil S »

DDHammer wrote:Jon Wilkinson @JS_Wilkinson
The @afcbournemouth captain Simon Francis tells @bbc5live that Europa League qualification would "be a natural progression for us." He also says West Ham's Olympic Stadium is a "strange place to play" and the home crowd are too far away to get behind their team effectively #afcb
Just try and digest this..
Bournemouth think to get to Europe would be a natural progression..
That's Bournemouth who have a 12 odd thousand capacity
Fair play to them

We never should have moved
We didn't need to move
The correct investment in manager, players etc at the Boleyn and we could have moved forward after Bilic first season.

We're going backwards and however good the playing staff are, I can't see us being anything special in the new stadium. It's not us.

Sold our soul for that ****hole
S-H

Post by S-H »

It was never about moving forward for this lot though, Phil.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 800 likes
Total likes: 3015 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

^^^^^^ They discussed us briefly on the Sunday supplement last week.

Steve Bates from the People and Henry Winter from the Times expressed the view many club's have moved and managed to move on.

They both felt we never would move on.

They know the move has killed us and winter repeated Levys view the place should be knocked down.

A move based upon misinformation and deceit was never going to end well.

It's very very sad.