Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Most of Irish don't offend as we don't give a turd!

Maybe a fourth.....or a fifth though :eh:
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

rice needs to decide and get this thing over with then concentrate on getting in the WHU team.
personally I am not a fan of this switching nationalities as only a friendly which proves how meaningless they are. perhaps noble can get a game for the irish.

rice also needs a new contract 25k will put him above oxford which is fair enough. incentives based on appearances etc to be built in.

we need to keep this young player as he is the best we have had for such a long time.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

hammerman11 wrote:rice needs to decide and get this thing over with then concentrate on getting in the WHU team.
personally I am not a fan of this switching nationalities as only a friendly which proves how meaningless they are. perhaps noble can get a game for the irish.

rice also needs a new contract 25k will put him above oxford which is fair enough. incentives based on appearances etc to be built in.

we need to keep this young player as he is the best we have had for such a long time.
Noble turned Ireland down as he didn’t feel Irish enough. I wonder what he’d say on all this.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1033 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Gsbgsb wrote:Given that something like 1.5m people died in that famine let alone the number displaced if we can take the piss out of that can we take the piss out of the holocaust as well?
I found Jimmy Carr’s Holocaust joke hilarious.

Too many snowflakes unable to comprehend the basic concept of a joke.

On topic, I first saw the potatoes&rice gag long before Declan made his Ireland debut on a Irish football forum. It was around the time he first started making our bench and the initial talk of him being eligible for Ireland or England.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I see Keane is, as ever, covering himself in all sorts of glory. No wonder people aren't fussed about turning out for Ireland when that c*nt is still being allowed to indulge himself in grotty abuse as & when he feels fit.
tizzwoz

Post by tizzwoz »

I hate to say it, but who cares? The guy cant even get into the West Ham team who are bottom of the league. Which team he chooses to represent at international level is not really of mine/our concern. Let him take his time and choose when he's ready. If either Ireland or England are that desperate for him to play immediately, id say they've got bigger problems.

Rice was and is, only a good prospect. He's a young boy who's shown glimpses that he might make it. But he's also made several errors. He needs re-introducing into the 1st team gradually, in his favoured position. Those claiming he's our best defender or the answer to our DM problems are probably also the ones who wanted Toni Martinez up front because he scored a few in our reserves or the ones who think that we should offer James Collins a new contract because now he's turned 35 he can save us.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I care that Roy Keane and Kevin Kilbane are still at large.
tizzwoz

Post by tizzwoz »

DasNutNock wrote:I care that Roy Keane and Kevin Kilbane are still at large.
Im sure you can track them down easily enough in the ITV / BBC studios
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

tizzwoz wrote:Im sure you can track them down easily enough in the ITV / BBC studios
I'll give their details to Ricey.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

F'sure it could have and should have been handled better, but the slating from some regarding DR is way OTT for me.

Perhaps that anger at Rice should be directed at the Irish FA for targeting youngsters to play under the Irish banner with somewhat tenuous links to being Irish.

He is young, he made a mistake (possibly), time to give him a break.

I am digging the Irish FA out, but they are by the rules not doing anything wrong, morally I feel they are, but they are not the only country to do that. I think International football needs to tighten the rules up.

I am 25% Irish, born and bred in London, I love the Irish/country, some of the nicest people in the world, but if I was young (more importantly good enough) I would have considered it as it's international football, all be it, I am and feel English. He is 19, I did not really know my mind on many things until 21 ish.
Big George
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 279 likes

Post by Big George »

Good write up of why Keane is alienating players in the Eire squad. Maybe this is what is making Declan think again?
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 32111.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1991 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Not the first time either:

Yorke wrote in his latest autobiography, Born To Score: "I don't think the 24/7 care of a club manager is suited to his temperament. I don't think he can deal with everything that lands in the tray of a club man." Yorke also made reference to an expletive-laden response he received from Keane after he had sent him a farewell text following his departure.

Also iirc, Yorke said that Keane got on to him more than the others because he expected more...also that Keane joined in the 5 a side games and literally got stuck in and tried to break people's legs ...(maybe metaphorically, I don't know....)

A man who has failed at club management and should be anywhere near trying to "manage" people when he can't even manage his own temper.......
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Keane is a grade A arrogant agressive **** how he gets a job managing people is astounding
Pango

Post by Pango »

Rice was born in London to English parents. His grandparents on his father's side were from Douglas, County Cork.

He's never lived in Ireland. He's not Irish is he. This Grandparent rule is and always has been a joke.

Biggest joke of all is when Tony Cascarino tells Jack Charlton that he has no Irish grandparents or anything to do with Ireland. Big Jack tells him to say nothing and nobody at FIFA or UEFA even checks !!!
jonbentleywhu

Post by jonbentleywhu »

DasNutNock wrote:I see Keane is, as ever, covering himself in all sorts of glory. No wonder people aren't fussed about turning out for Ireland when that c*nt is still being allowed to indulge himself in grotty abuse as & when he feels fit.
horrible, horrible man. absolute poison. :thdn:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1991 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Pango wrote:Rice was born in London to English parents. His grandparents on his father's side were from Douglas, County Cork.

He's never lived in Ireland. He's not Irish is he. This Grandparent rule is and always has been a joke.

Biggest joke of all is when Tony Cascarino tells Jack Charlton that he has no Irish grandparents or anything to do with Ireland. Big Jack tells him to say nothing and nobody at FIFA or UEFA even checks !!!
In all fairness, I think he did have an Irish Setter......

8-)
Pango

Post by Pango »

^^^^^ da-boom tish

Cuena ... some good posts by the way on the Pellegrini 17th page. I'm thinking on the same wavelength as you.

:thup:
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

Pango wrote:Rice was born in London to English parents. His grandparents on his father's side were from Douglas, County Cork.

In fairness, Cascarino thought he had Irish grandparents and found out he was adopted after he already had a load of caps.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

wish he would hurry up. I guess he has a bit of time now before the next international break. maybe he is waiting for roy keane to walk out on Ireland again !

anyway he needs to get working and into our team. also needs to sign a new contract asap. 25k a week puts him above oxford on 20k which is fair enough as he deserves it more.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Rice should be only focusing on 1 thing at the moment. Getting his place back in to the starting 11. At the moment he is struggling to make the bench of what is the worst club in the Premier League at the moment.

If that's not a wake up call for him then I don't know what is. As the only country that will pick him at the moment is Ireland. He is miles away from being in contention for a place in the senior England squad.