NCAA College Football

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Re: NCAA College Football

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Alabama 11-0
Clemson 11-0
Notre Dame 11-0
Michigan 10-1
Georgia 10-1
Oklahoma 10-1
Washington State 10-1
Ohio State 10-1
UCF 10-0
Utah State 10-1

and several 9-2 teams....I cannot remember that many teams with those records...10-1 at one time would have gotten you to a National Title game.....

:shock:

any losses from now on in is going to cost someone a title shot I reckon..wonder if Ohio State will drop down the rankings at all ?? within a 2 point conversion of losing to an unranked team...in o.t.
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 198 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

So right after West Ham see off ManCitySuperStars, I'll be switching over to one of the great CFB rivalry game: Michigan-Ohio State. Always a noon kickoff by tradition. The barricades will be up on High Street in Columbus this year. Not sure why, but since a kid I've always pulled for Ohio State, and I'm a sucker for "Dotting the I" - gets me fired up every time.

Here's the short version from 2006: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And the full 20 minute treatment from 2016: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's Rivalry Weekend, so all sorts of long-time derbies on tap, but this is always the one I'm sure to watch.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

UCF’s knocking on the door gettin louder and louder.... 8-)
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

as b-i-ny says....coming down to the wire and this is traditionally "rivalry" weekend..

(in Texas though that went out of the window when they canceled the UT v TAMU game)

#6 Oklahoma @ #13 WVU - could be a good 'un 59-56 :shock:

#16 Washington @ #8 Washington State 28-16

#4 Michigan @ #10 Ohio State b-i-ny pick of the week !! 39-62 there goes their playoff picture.. :shock:

#7 LSU @ #22 TAMU

#21 Utah State (10-1) @ #23 Boise State (9-2) wonder when 2 teams with those records were that low ranked.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:

#7 LSU @ #22 TAMU
If not for some crap refereeing they'd still be playing.

What a circus of a game! :raver:
#21 Utah State (10-1) @ #23 Boise State (9-2) wonder when 2 teams with those records were that low ranked.
Can't watch with the blue field. Just can't do it.

Hawaii vs. San Diego State a very watchable game. 2 bowl-eligible teams trying to get into a better bowl game. Quite entertaining, although I don't think I'll be seeing the end of it... :asleep:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

felt a bit under the weather yesterday evening so went to bed early with the game on t.v. - LSU/TAMU

was I think 31-28 or thereabout and woke up at 3rd OT and 43-43 I think.....

can't do the blue field either so went off to a deep sleep...

tell you what though Rogers Jr. was it caught a few pretty decent catches ....
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

I actually did make it to the end of Hawaii-SD State :scarfer:

Have always enjoyed the Mountain West games, it's such a diverse assembly of schools. Geographically, you have a bunch up in the Rockies, a couple on the California coast and an assortment in between - plus also Hawaii. The styles are all over the place - a few with wide open spread offenses all the way to the other extreme of the Air Force Academy being one of the few in the country who run the triple option. And unlike the AAC, which is just an amalgamation of leftovers from the mess created with espn killed off the Big East, there is tradition and rivalries between the MWC schools going back to the old WAC days.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

the Red River Rivalry.

#14 UT v #5 Oklahoma @ Jerry's World in The Big D..... (Cowboy Stadium in Dallas) shootout !!!!!!

well Texas was ahead and looking good, Oklahoma came back and it looked like they might be running away with it, then Texas scored and are now back in contention....21-27 3rd quarter..UT gets a t.d. and the kicker misses his first p.a.t. of the season 27-27 !!!!!!!!! this game's had everything pretty much...brilliant throw and catch, great run beating maybe 4 players, then a fumble before he could hit the turf. from the snap almost the defence nails the q.b. in the end zone for a 2 point safety and of course then Texas has to kick the ball to the Sooners....27-32 4th quarter - 4 minutes left....wow ! 1 handed catch for a t.d. Sooners 27- 39 Big XII champs by the look of it.....

:thup:

#1 Alabama v #4 Georgia @ Mercedes Stadium in Atlanta - should be a good 'un (Evander Holyfield's son Elijah play FB for the Dawgs.........)

1st blood to the Dawgs......7-0......now 7-7 Dawgs now up 14-7 - this is a doozee.....this game went to 21-7 in a hurry now a 51 yard run gives Tide 1st and goal on the 1......fumble in the end-zone originally called a recovery for Georgia - touch-back - under review...overruled - a t.d. 14-21 14-28 early third...defence is coming hard for the Dawgs..missed FG for Georgia...'bama breathe a sigh of relief...21-28 now this is a belter of a game...........28-28 with 5 minutes left.........35-28 Roll Tide...

this is conference championship weekend............

and it's "Who's playing where and for what ?" by the "selection committee" tomorrow evening I think...
Last edited by Cuenca 'ammer on Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:48 am, edited 12 times in total.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Morocco Mole wrote:UCF’s knocking on the door gettin louder and louder.... 8-)
unranked Memphis (8-4) 24 @ #8 UCF (11-0) 7 close to the end of the first quarter !!!

31-14 2nd quarter !! MM your boys are taking one hell of a beating !!!!!!!!!!

31-21 now......game on !!!!!!!!!!!

38-35 third quarter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a game it seems to be..if I wasn't watching the Alabama/Georgia game I'd be watching this...running back Henderson for Memphis has 200+ plus yards other RB Taylor has 111 - at this time......

41-35 now...........bloody hell.............

41-42 !!!!!!!!!!! Holy Comeback Batman !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McCrae for UCF @ 176 rushing yards ....

41-56 McCrae now at 206 yards rushing....2 RB's with over 200+ each !!!!!!!!!!!!!

bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Central Florida without their Heisman candidate QB who was injured last week, still with the epic comeback.

SEC Championship was Georgia's to lose, and they did. Idiotic coaching attempting a fake punt that late in the game. Low % play and shows no faith that your defense can't stop Bama from rolling down the length of the field.

Big 10 and game still ongoing and Ohio State leading, but can't really see how they'll pass Oklahoma and get into the final four.

Anyway.....the game of the day for me is the Mountain West championship game. I can take the blue field of Boise State when it's covered in snow. Tied at 13 late, lots of weather, defense and special teams. Kind of pulling for Fresno State here but a fun back and forth in the slush.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

compulsive viewing though mate ......

right down to the wire pretty much in both games..........

kept me viewing...

West Ham game
UT/Oklakoma
'bama/Georgia....

plum wore me out..

then off to bed for the last 3 episodes of Fauda....

bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Go Army Beat Navy
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

https://www.si.com/college-football/sch ... nference=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bowl time..

most so far have been minor bowls...

today

Peach Bowl: #10 Florida 41 versus # 7 Michigan 15 - with about 4 minutes left.

Biggies to start @ 4:00 ET

# 3 Notre Dame v # 2 Clemson - should be a cracker

3 fumbles so far, only one turnover...1 field goal each then a td missed pat. 9-3 Clemson defences on top so far....

well that didn't go that well for the Fighting Irish.they're hardly fighting..fighting to stay in the game maybe...

QB for Clemson is a true freshman I think they said...something like 250+ yards and 3 t.d.s at h-t..

this might be a snoozer now....23-3 right now...

@ 8:00 ET

# 4 Oklahoma v # 1 Alabama - on paper it should be a cake walk......

we'll see......
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

Bama vs OU - If each team's first drive is any indication of how this is going to to go, and it usually isn't, this game is going to be a slaughter.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

well it was this time mate...

close-ish when you look at the scoreline but not really that close.

#11LSU v #8 UCF right now - off to a quick start 3-7 as it stands VERY early in the first...LSU qb throws a pick-six almost at the goal line UCF run itback almost 100 yards for a score. during the run back one of the defensive line man throws a block on the LSU qb - blindside - absolutely flattens him from a running start..of course he's a legitimate target - Holy Knockout Blow Batman . Late hit on the LSU qb out of bounds by at least 1 yard, flag thrown then "there is no penalty on the play." td for LSU - this game has it all going on. LSU recover a fumble - cornerback tied up on the sideline punches the opposition in the face with a tremendous right hook !!!! in the face - the other kid is wearing a helmet !!!!!! ejected !!!! the battered LSU qb just threw his 2nd td of the day and we still have 12:30 left in the SECOND quarter well 3 td's for the battered LSU qb 24-14 then the UCF qb throws a 40 yd td with 4 seconds left in the half..cracker of a game kind of got away from UCF there but now in the 4th quarter they are back in the game at 40-30 went for 2 and got it 40-32 now..tried the onside kick but LSU got the ball game over

some good games today:

#14 Kentucky v #12 Penn State 27-24 was the same time as the above game so I don't know how close it was, I followed the scores and it seemed to be so...

#9 Washington v #6 Ohio State not even close at the half 3-21 and it's a Queen medley by the college band at h-t 3-28 now [youtube]<iframe width="964" height="542" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dsx2vdn7gpY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

wonder what it costs to get these kids there - Columbus to Pasadena Cali.

#15 Texas v #5 Georgia

gave this game the good old college try.....Texas was tearing it up surprisingly.....then I went into overload..

3 PL games in the morning then 3 college games - I o.d. and had to give up.......seems like Georgia only made the scoreline close with 14 seconds left...

there are way too many Bowl games now....they mean nothing...teams are getting in with 7-6 seasons - it used to be only for teams with good records..

still I guess fans like to travel over the holidays the coaches and band and cheerleaders get a paid vacation and it's not like winning or losing the Taxslayer or Red Box bowl is getting you either the sack or the head gig at Alabama is it...
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

well tonight's the B-I-G one...

all the marbles .........................................

Alabama # 1 v Clemson # 2

I think it's at least 3 out of the last 4 if not 4 out of the last 5 these two have faced each other.....

and of course it isn't going to hurt either recruiting-wise......

on paper it should be Alabama.

Alabama by 5.5 points is the spread.

should be well worth a watch, hope it's not all over by half time....
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

I didn’t realize until about 5 minites ago that game was out here in my neck of the woods. Kind of a shame. It’s a dump tbh.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

well what a first half that was....

'bama had something like 200 yards in just over a quarter (or maybe less) and they were losing....courtesy of a pick six..

2 int's for the 'bama qb and it's 31-14 to Clemson !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the lad qho is qb for the Tigers is a tre freshman not even 19 until Oct next.

bit like our Declan starring for us.................

6'6 and 215 pounds (whatever that is in stone I have no clue.....)

this might be a BIG turn up.....

cracking game though

h-t show is Imagine Dragons - never heard of them but who the f**k is Lil Wayne...

god awful.........

:thdn: :thdn:
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Wanted Clemson

Expected Alabama

Wan't close.

Roll Tide should have stuck with the run early. Undone by overpassing.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

the fake field goal didn't help much either.....