Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by jaybs »

The clearance was good, but before his last minute goal, he missed a sitter minutes before, just before the interval we broke and the ball was ready to put into the box Andy boy was not half way down their half of the pitch. Again yesterday he seems to be in the wrong positionmost of the time.

To have a Punt on £80K with a new contract would be a risk, one no Insurance company would back! Lets wait and see what happens in the nect few months, if he does not leave in this window, if we get a fair offer or fair swap is it not worth at least considering it? long as the manager makes the choice, and not Sullivan & Gold.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I was rather short-terming the question...i.e. is he a decent enough Plan B, for the rest of his contract?
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Ozza »

I would imagine these contract extension things are on the same deal as before and aren't negotiable?

If we want to negotiate then effectively he's a free agent and can negotiate with others?
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

Judging by his reaction after he scored the header, I’d guess he isn’t getting a new contract.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

steps wrote:Judging by his reaction after he scored the header, I’d guess he isn’t getting a new contract.
how'd you get that bud? I took it that he was so pissed off with himself for missing the previous chance that he didn't really celebrate, I'm sure he mouthed "thank f*** for that"
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

I think it's time he moved on but i don't have anything against him. I think for a club at fighting for survival in the premier league he would be the difference between them staying up or not. (Provided he stayed fit, lolz)
steps

Post by steps »

Ozza wrote:
how'd you get that bud? I took it that he was so pissed off with himself for missing the previous chance that he didn't really celebrate, I'm sure he mouthed "thank **** for that"
It was right in front of me Oz, looked like he broke down in tears.

Everyone around me said it looked like he knew he wasn’t getting a new contract.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Wow, didn't see that... is he free to talk to other clubs?
steps

Post by steps »

Ozza wrote:Wow, didn't see that... is he free to talk to other clubs?
No idea mate.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jacko

Post by jacko »

When does his contract run out?
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

jacko wrote:When does his contract run out?
Transfer Market says 30/6/2019

I'm sure we have an option on another two years, but I would imagine that's same terms...
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by chappo59 »

He probably needs to get fitter but very rarely do we play to his strengths when he plays nowadays.
Watched him yesterday and the only movemement of note was when he ran 4 yards left then 4 yards right repeat repeat.

Loved him in his pomp he needs a championship team to build around him.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

JerseyHammer wrote:At least that makes the decision as to whether his contract should be extended very easy
prophet:marginal wrote:We'd need three amoeba in the boardroom to even spend 2 seconds on that question, surely?
it would be like signing to a long term deal on huge money a player who's always been injured, who is injured at the time of signing and who had been injured three different times during the season he was on loan...
jacko

Post by jacko »

I've mentioned it a few times about him taking ages to get back up to speed after an injury. I think it's taking him longer and longer which is concerning. He looked so rusty yesterday and he's had a fair few minutes lately.
3Dicks
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by 3Dicks »

Thanks to FIFA my 7yr old lad idolises Andy Carroll; he thinks he's mustard. He was chuffed to bits to see him score yesterday. Carroll is the kind of player I want to see do well I cant help but feel sorry for the guy with his injuries although he didn't play well yesterday often yards behind the play plodding about in no mans land he made important contributions clearing off the line, defending corners and of course his goal.

in many respects his one on one with the keeper in the second half summed up his career.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

jacko wrote:I've mentioned it a few times about him taking ages to get back up to speed after an injury. I think it's taking him longer and longer which is concerning. He looked so rusty yesterday and he's had a fair few minutes lately.
yup continued injuries have a cumulative effect I think
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Ozza wrote:yup continued injuries have a cumulative effect I think
but not too much, or he'd be on a wheelchair.
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

30 years old today.

Happy birthday Andy, lucky you've taken such great care over your body down the years... :raver:
fester
Eats sh*t
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by fester »

I hope we keep him until the end of the season and for another!

I am not taking the piss either. We have had some donkeys in the past. Radford, Dowie etc. Carroll is not that player. I also think he is beginning to adapt to what Pellegrini wants, still not positionally correct but absolutely worth a squad place (and starting a good few matches).

I hope he does get 100% fit, goes on a 7 goal run and earns a one year extension. 8-)
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

StevePottsGoalsReel wrote:30 years old today.

Happy birthday Andy, lucky you've taken such great care over your body down the years... :raver:
Just think what state he'll be in today, unfit to drive until tomorrow I'd have thought :lol:

In all seriousness it was great to see him score, even though it seems like he realises it might all be coming to an end.