West Ham Utd 1-0 Arsenal (12/01/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Arsenal: match thread

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

that must have been 3 years ago !!!!!!!!!

:D
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

smuts wrote:Antonio has tried that loads of times....it always ends up with an unbalanced left footed swipe miles over.
I think over the years I have probably seen the movie Jaws about 150 times. I absolutely know how it's going to end......everytime

But I still keep watching........I'm an idiot....Image

I like Mik.... :thup:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

davids cross wrote: I think over the years I have probably seen the movie Jaws about 150 times. I absolutely know how it's going to end......everytime

But I still keep watching........I'm an idiot....Image

I like Mik.... :thup:
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

Having watched the highlights numerous times now, I'm loving all of Nasri's contributions. Countless times he pulled in the opposition for him to simply roll it or pass it to someone in bundles of space. The lay up for Noble was superb and someone with a sweet left foot is burying that all day long. The close control he has is top quality even after such a long lay off. There isn't much rust. :thup:
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

A real dull statto question.

I suspect no-one knows the answer off hand.

Does anyone know how many goals we have scored at either end of the pitch since the move to the new stadium ?

It seems (in my head) we score more goals attacking The Bobby Moore end....

Might be just my imagination. Always felt we scored more goals attacking The North Bank in the old days.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

davids cross wrote:A real dull statto question.

Does anyone know how many goals we have scored at either end of the pitch since the move to the new stadium ?

Might be just my imagination. Always felt we scored more goals attacking The North Bank in the old days.
Perhaps an indirect answer is:

FIRST HALF: GF 19 GA 32
SECOND HALF: GF 41 GA 43

We normally attack our end in the second half (I still haven't worked out the names because the ground's round)
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

bubbles1966 wrote:
FIRST HALF: GF 19 GA 32
SECOND HALF: GF 41 GA 43

We normally attack our end in the second half (I still haven't worked out the names because the ground's round)
Wow..

That very must suggests it could be quite significant.

Yes.....Bobby Moore is the left as you would watch on TV. So attacking the left hand goal .
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2635 likes

Post by sendô »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Antonio made a great run down the right cut in toward the top of the box on his left peg and I'm screaming at the screen: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO...the he shanks it (yet again) into the stratosphere...
Mate, when he cut in me, my brother and my dad all jumped up and shouted in unison "NO DON'T SHOOT". I'd have laid my house on him slicing it high and wide in that moment if I could. :lol:
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

hopefully pelle will get him practising his shooting as it is awful. beats a man or two cuts inside and his head goes. sort his finishing out and we have a good player there who has thankfully appeared to sort himself out and is back fitness wise and form wise. just needs to learn how to shoot !
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

hammerman11 wrote:hopefully pelle will get him practising his shooting as it is awful. beats a man or two cuts inside and his head goes. sort his finishing out and we have a good player there who has thankfully appeared to sort himself out and is back fitness wise and form wise. just needs to learn how to shoot !

if he could sort out his mental issues (football wise) he wouldn't be here - he'd be a 20M player when we bought him.

it's his biggest weakness and one loads of us have talked about for ages. he just doesn't think..

watch - at time he will come out with the ball wide right but this happens when he's more central - there will be a player wide left and open, he doesn't even look. if he looked and decided differently it would be one thing. but he NEVER does.......he invariably runs wide goes to the line and options get less and less until he has one option left.

Saturday was another example. I think it was Arnie top of the box when he decided to lash it into the stratosphere.

he won't improve now, he's what 27 ? it's very difficult to change years and years of ingrained mentality - the best we can hope for is that Pellers get's him to occasionally look. and hope.

it has happened too often now for us to say "that's a one off." it isn't. if I was one of his teams mates (and as big as him :D ) I'd bollock him big time - or just twat him.

mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

Alan Pardew's Dad wrote: Bournemouth starting to struggle a bit, West Ham on the up. We both know what that means for the result next week. Consistency has never been a West Ham trait :D
Bournemouth played really well yesterday and were pretty unlucky in my opinion.
They certainly seemed to have more about them then Everton, even though Everton won.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

w4hammer wrote:
Once the giddyness bubbles of the win go pop, the reality is there's a huge gulf between Ogbonna and The General - he did ok yesterday however he's the weakest link.

!
Did ok? FFS the bloke was excellent.
I also happen to think our defence looks less like conceding with the current defensive line up compared to when Balbuena partners Issa.

All about opinions etc.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:he won't improve now, he's what 27 ? it's very difficult to change years and years of ingrained mentality - the best we can hope for is that Pellers get's him to occasionally look. and hope.
Turns 29 in March :shock:

Really is quite funny though, he'll take it past a few players and i'll start getting excited but there's always that moment when he slows down and looks up which is when it's either going miles over or he'll scuff a pass.
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

davids cross wrote:A real dull statto question.

I sit towards the STB end and am convinced I never get to see goals! It made a nice change when they attacked this way second half against Brighton and Arnie dragged us out of a poor defeat.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Brilliant OV.

When I saw the line ups, Lacazette and Aubameyang were the only 2 that I’d actually want in our side. The other 9 I was happier with what we’ve got, and that’s with Yarmolenko, Lanzini, Reid, Hernandez and Balbuena injured. Good to see how they envy some of our players.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

The opposition view: Arsenal
http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=133183
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

:thup:
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Decent oppo view, from them as well :shock: The comment about some of our players making them a better side, spot on. Lovely to have some real talent in the squad.

Our first eleven on paper looks the most talented team we have had in arguably two decades, certainly midfield & up top.

I love beating Arsenal :scarfer: