Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

bubbles1966 wrote:
Anderson has been great against the bottom 7. The rest? Nope.
He was very good against Man U tbf.

Arnoutovic has not had many good games against the top teams.

Regardless you can't just give in to players wage demands because thy have suddenly decided they are worth more
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

bubbles1966 wrote:
He was very good against Man U tbf.

Arnoutovic has not had many good games against the top top teams

Regardless you can't just give in to players wage demands because thy have suddenly decided they are worth more
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

You have to find a balancing act. We won't find a better replacement that him in this window. People are acting like they have found him in bed with their mrs.
The Moth

Post by The Moth »

The bloke signed a 100k per week 5 year deal 18 months ago and yet people are blaming all this on the club for not paying him more :lol:

The bloke is an utter **** hopefully we can find a club to take him off our hands asap
jacko

Post by jacko »

The Moth wrote:The bloke signed a 100k per week 5 year deal 18 months ago and yet people are blaming all this on the club for not paying him more :lol:

The bloke is an utter **** hopefully we can find a club to take him off our hands asap
Who cares. We need to think about what is best for our club. If he is going to get his head down between now and the rest of the season what does it matter? If we are desperate to get rid of him then some other club will benefit.

All of our best players will be unsettled at some point - it's the nature of the beast.
wigwig

Post by wigwig »

The deal has collapsed due to Agent fess, as in his brother, is that right?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Arnie will get over his silly spoilt little boy, throw the toys out of the pram sulk in time. He will have to, because it will harm him more than it will the club and even if in the remotest chance we did cave in and pay him the £200 k a week wages he wants, what he will have to realise is, that will tie him to the club for a further 4 years. Nobody else will pay him anywhere near that's
Xander
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Xander »

Yeh he's a decent player but if he is as good as he thinks he is, why haven't the Top 6 come knocking? It is utterly wrong and sad that this game is ruled by money but unfortunately that's the way of it.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

If reports are true, this is turning into my biggest fear about this sorry mess. I don't fear losing him, I fear having to keep him after the revelation he wants out pronto. The Arnautovics have excelled themselves over all this unecessary cuntery goings on.
Last edited by Colours never run on Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

S-H wrote:He thinks he is bigger than the club, no player is bigger than the club,

Benni McCarthy was :idea:
The Moth

Post by The Moth »

jacko wrote:Who cares. We need to think about what is best for our club. .
I'd think most people involved with West Ham would care about how our players conduct themselves, some players can be toxic and it can have a big impact on a team. What is best for our club is we move him out asap and replace him with Gomez or Belotti or a similar level striker. However I won't be surprised if a lot of clubs , certainly the top clubs, won't touch him because of the fact he's prone to being an utter ****. There's a reason he's been a Stoke and us in recent years rather then any of the biggest clubs in Europe.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

bubbles1966 wrote:
He played well against Arsenal top last week. Come to think of it, he was excellent at the Emirates an all.
Last edited by Colours never run on Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

I can fully understand it if the deal has broken down because of commission fees.

The Baroness won’t fall for the Club paying something like half a million for simply introducing buyer to seller.

I’m sure she agrees that these leeches need to be driven out!
Colours never run

Doc H Ball wrote:I can fully understand it if the deal has broken down because of commission fees.

The Baroness won’t fall for the Club paying something like half a million for simply introducing buyer to seller.

I’m sure she agrees that these leeches need to be driven out!
Hear ****ing hear.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

This is all about money.

They gave Payet a big payrise, did he stay did he f***.

Arnie was very happy to sign his contract and get 100K a week.

Just because a player is playing very well doesn't mean they can then ask for more money.

If they are off form can the club ask to pay them less.

I think not.
Last edited by ageing hammer on Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

I simply do not get this idea of paying him £200k a week to keep him. It is very debatable as to whether we could afford to do that or if he is worth it now. What I am sure of however is that he is at his peak in the next couple of seasons and given he has 4 years on his deal paying him £200k a week at 33/34 would be madness.

Once on that wage as well we would find him very hard to shift. He simply does not have the cachet of a Rooney for example.
The Moth

Post by The Moth »

Colours never run wrote:He played well against Arsenal too last week.
Everton away he was decent too wasn't he?
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

I love Arnie and his arrogant persona, when he's fully committed to the club, the second he's not he becomes an arrogant pr**k and as far as I'm concerned if he's more bothered about money than his legacy and being remembered as a great play he can f**k off.
jacko

Post by jacko »

Well you can’t have it both ways jumby. People only complain when he’s doing it to other teams. I bet people were laughing at stoke when he had his spat with Hughes. Maybe we should never sign players if they kick up any kind of fuss when we show interest to avoid having arrogant players.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Colours never run wrote:If reports are true, this is turning into my biggest fear about this sorry mess. I don't fear losing him, I fear having to keep him after the revelation he wants out pronto. The Arnautovics have excelled themselves over all this unecessary cuntery goings on.
This.

Looks like his own and his brother's behavior has actually ****ed up the move.

If we didn't have Arnie here I bet you Pellegrini wouldn't have looked to signed him, I imagine he was pleased to be able to sell him and get who he wants in.