Cardiff City 2-0 West Ham Utd (09/03/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

aitchayell
Total likes: 1 like

Re: ⚽ Cardiff City v West Ham Utd (9/3)

Post by aitchayell »

With hindsight didn’t we do well to score two goals at Wimbledon?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

with hindsight mate, I thought when we got back to 2-3 we were going to win it, but we never pushed on and obviously gave up the 4th.

I am still at a loss to know why.........
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

paul toop wrote:are we "on the beach" already ??
making sure they don't have to come back early, too
poplargeezer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by poplargeezer »

Was at the game today.
Fabianski, Diop and Ogbonna played well.

Snodgrass, Hernandez, Arnie, Cresswell, sadly Lanzini and Anderson poor today.

Shame we didn't start with Antonio and Nasri.

Didn't deserve anything today.
Credit to our away support though.

We need a Plan B against lesser teams.
mattyD
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by mattyD »

For people moaning about Hernandez's dive - were you complaining last Friday when he won a penalty going down with minimal contact? today he anticipated the foul and didn't get it.... last week he did - not much difference. Apart from that the Cardiff players were throwing themselves all over the place clutching heads and eyes and all sorts. No difference.
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

TommyHammer wrote:I reckon we'll go 1-0 down inside the first 20 minutes.
:thup:
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

smuts wrote:Really expecting a comfortable away win. :thup:

So that's 2-0 to Cardiff then!
Posted this about 2pm today.....

****ing know all twat.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

mattyD wrote:For people moaning about Hernandez's dive - were you complaining last Friday when he won a penalty going down with minimal contact? today he anticipated the foul and didn't get it.... last week he did - not much difference. Apart from that the Cardiff players were throwing themselves all over the place clutching heads and eyes and all sorts. No difference.
Making the most of contact is one thing. That today was plain cheating. He's not the only one either, Snodgrass and Antonio have been awful over the last few weeks for diving.
rciron

Post by rciron »

Ding wrote:The pitch is **** and opposition knew how to play against a bunch of finicky sisters. We were played, bullied and out-muscled. We were scared, slow-witted, lacking in fight and on-field leadership when the chips are down. Sure, it was bad day at the office and we didn't have the rub of the green, but the lack of anger within the team for an abject performance - all too familiar with this team - underlines a deeper issue in the dressing room. We lack aggression and need a b*stard in the middle of the pitch. Arnie used to be our b*stard, but now he can't be bothered and needs to be offloaded. In fact, the entire strike force needs to go. Hernandez flatters to deceive. Perez is a sulker. Carrol is done.

Wolves. Watford. And now Cardiff. This team don't know how to play against physical sides. Their heads are soft and they lack belief. This means it will never be resilient enough to be a contender. The gaffer needs to clear off at least half a dozen and buy well in the summer. Start with bastards in the middle and upfront.

What we'd do for a Billy Bonds.
:thup: f*ck yeah
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

mattyD wrote:For people moaning about Hernandez's dive - were you complaining last Friday when he won a penalty going down with minimal contact? .
We played on the Saturday and it was one of the most blatant penalties you will ever see.
Northbank Bar
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by Northbank Bar »

No=one but no-one ever critisicims the Manager,He said we had to start today quick and we did the opposite.We could even have been 2 or 3 down against Fulham or Newcastle.He must bear some of the blame but he seems untouchable??
rciron

Post by rciron »

Status Kev wrote:Haven't seen any of it couldn't get a working stream. Do I watch the highlights or weren't there any? Very disappointing. The only game on my 6 game acca to let me down as well....
Ha ha at least I am not the only one :thup:
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Best bit about the day is the curry house in Cardiff I’ve just been too.

Poor performance, fredericks especially.

Lots of utter dicks in our end today, 2 blokes behind us trying to get Salah chants going for most of the first half and the rest of the time spent every other second shouting the word ‘********” towards whatever West Ham player was near the ball. And when they were pulled up for their behaviour didn’t seem to care.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Not at our best today.

Weve all seen it all before.

No application, no guile, no outstanding performances.

Whats the point of beating the likes of Arsenal but losing to teams like Cardiff ?

They wanted it more
Pelle picked 3 lightweights in his startimg line up and subbed 3 of 4 midfielders he started with.

Awful, awful, awful.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Parkes Jr’s review:

“What a complete and utter load of f*cking sh*t. Bunch of c*nts”

I don’t imagine he’ll get much disagreement here.
OohAahButler
Has liked: 561 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

Northbank Bar wrote:No=one but no-one ever critisicims the Manager,He said we had to start today quick and we did the opposite.We could even have been 2 or 3 down against Fulham or Newcastle.He must bear some of the blame but he seems untouchable??
Agree. I do give Pellegrini credit for trying to get us playing positively, and I like the idea of instilling the belief of trying to behave with big team mentality, but boy do we spend a lot of time faffing around with the ball making no progress. I’m with those earlier posters who talk about the need to attack with pace - something we really should be able to do more with players like Anderson, Fredericks and Antonio in the team.

Sadly, I wonder how much of this stems from our captain. He seems pre-wired to slow things down and pass sideways and backwards, and perhaps the rest of the team are taking their cue from him. He seems a decent chap, and one who provides a nurturing presence to the younger memebers of the squad, but he isn’t the sort to shout the odds and grab the game by the bollox on a day like today.

It’s Pellegrini’s responsibility to sort this out. He needs a proper leader on the pitch.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

mattyD wrote:For people moaning about Hernandez's dive - were you complaining last Friday when he won a penalty going down with minimal contact? today he anticipated the foul and didn't get it.... last week he did - not much difference. Apart from that the Cardiff players were throwing themselves all over the place clutching heads and eyes and all sorts. No difference.
Last week he was actually tripped up, it was not minimal contact.

yes and the Cardiff players are cheating twunts too. That is why West Ham fans don't like it when their own do it.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

I am going to relaunch my Kick Football out of a Football Day Out campaign

Unprofessional cobblers. :thdn:
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

All I know is we need a whopping great rebuild in the summer. 2 out of 4 strikers next to useless due to injury or attitude, main player has been a shower of ***** since he spat the dummy, midfield needs a proper CM or 2 in with Rice and the RB slot is up for grabs as Zabaleta is fading and Fredericks blows hot and cold.
ChzMff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ChzMff »

ChzMff wrote:I think our next three games are a big indicator of just how good we are and whether we have gone some way to rid ourselves of our inconsistent nature. We failed miserably at Burnley after a good run however we now have a much bigger pool of players to choose from. Is our overall mentality truly improving?
I got the answer I was expecting. We’re West Ham after all!