Hammers United Inc. New Season, same goals.

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

The Moth

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by The Moth » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Northbank Bar, but what exactly are they demanding from the board to deliver? And if the board dont engage with them what will this group actually do?

I just dont see anything different to what has already been tried. Good luck to them but its all very vague and feels like we are going round in circles as a support base.

Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:51 pm

Up the Junction wrote: The story regarding HU on the home page of this very website links to the Facebook group.
Couldn’t see it on the story link UTJ... perhaps I’m being a bit thick... Couldn’t find it from the groups website either. Found it in Phil S’ post earlier in this thread now though.

Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:03 pm

e17 wrote:Like them or not, there’s a big group of “leftwing Antifa haters” who will never EVER unite with WHUISA, and many of them were loud and active voices before the march was sidetracked.
e17, I’m confused? The group states they do not want to be a protest group? Are you saying that their aim is to be a replacement group for those who wanted the principles of the RWHUFAG, presumably (well, hopefully) without the... erm, ‘questionable’ shall we say for the sake of saving argument, figureheads?

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:23 pm

Blow Bubbles wrote:Couldn’t see it on the story link UTJ... perhaps I’m being a bit thick...
I couldn't possibly answer that BB (!), but the link to the FB group and website are still there.

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:26 pm

the Moth.I do not know that.I do know that they have written to the club already.They are meeting again tomorrow and I will try and find out more.

The Moth

Post by The Moth » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:33 pm

NB :thup:

The moment theres a group or movement whos one and only aim is to get GSB out of the club I'll be there , thats all that matters ultimately. Until then I've little interest in groups whos aim is to have dialogue with the owners, its utterly pointless in my opinion.

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:12 pm

Almost 700 have joined overnight and As previously stated this is not a political minded group. We only care about our fan base and trying to garner the numbers to draw the club into dialog. Our aim is to make things better for all. Opinions are welcome. Take a look at the group and form an opinion. Don’t just dismiss as you may like some of the things that we are trying to do.
MV ⚒⚒

brownout

Post by brownout » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:59 pm

We already have a democratic, independent fans' organisation in WHUISA. The club are ignoring them but will do the same to any similar group.
I see no need for this sort of group and feel it could be counter productive in allowing the club to divide and rule.

Kentish Hammer

Post by Kentish Hammer » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:23 pm

In which case surely the pertinent question is what are the WHUISA going to do about being ignored. What is the next step? Genuine question because at the moment not a lot seems to be happening.

For me a genuine form of protest is needed as the board are still behaving as terribly as they did regarding the stadium move. If the new group will be more robust than WHUISA in organising protests then I'm all for supporting them.

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:31 pm

Phil S wrote: How's about giving it a chance before being negative?
:lol: Are you new here, Phil?

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:39 pm

Kentish.Spot on.KUMB don't seem to be getting anywhere so someone else is having a go.What is wrong with that?

Big George

Post by Big George » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:23 pm

Marlow Vaderman wrote:Almost 700 have joined overnight and As previously stated this is not a political minded group. We only care about our fan base and trying to garner the numbers to draw the club into dialog. Our aim is to make things better for all. Opinions are welcome. Take a look at the group and form an opinion. Don’t just dismiss as you may like some of the things that we are trying to do.
MV ⚒⚒
I don’t think you should confuse liking a Facebook page with membership.

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:25 pm

I'm fully expecting the club to ignore Hammers United as well.

The point is I guess, is that if some fans don't want to join WHUISA for whatever reason then it is better for them to join another group such as this and register their support and commitment to improve the lot of the fans and the club. Then if it does come to the point where fans need to protest again, the groups can come together as a collective. The total numbers will be strong.

As I've said before, there are several ways to skin the same cat and each group has it's strengths to bring to the table whether it be numbers or perhaps access to recognised bodies within the game.

What we can't have is the sniping and unfounded accusations being bandied about against other West Ham fans that fractured the fan base last year.

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:48 pm

Hammers United are also signing up by EMail for those not using facebook.Also they have well trusted and respected members of the fan base within the group.Supporters will join because they trust these people.

bristolhammerfc

Post by bristolhammerfc » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:55 pm

Northbank Bar wrote:Kentish.Spot on.KUMB don't seem to be getting anywhere so someone else is having a go.What is wrong with that?
Point of order and to be clear KUMB is an independent website and is not affiliated to any group.

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:31 pm

Bristol Hammer.Many apologies to you and KUMB.I of course meant WHISA.

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:38 pm

I've just had a look on the Hammers United facebook page and already there are posts about "WHUISA grasses." I really do despair.

aaronhammer

Post by aaronhammer » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:51 pm

Marlow Vaderman wrote:Almost 700 have joined overnight and As previously stated this is not a political minded group. We only care about our fan base and trying to garner the numbers to draw the club into dialog. Our aim is to make things better for all. Opinions are welcome. Take a look at the group and form an opinion. Don’t just dismiss as you may like some of the things that we are trying to do.
MV ⚒⚒
The more comments like this are raised the more people will think back to last year when allegations of groups being linked politically were unnecessarily made, and we’ll see groups fighting each other instead of uniting. I also see this as a potentially hidden way to discredit WHUISA as a rival, but perhaps I’m reading too much into it and I apologise to Marlow Vaderman if that isn’t the case.

Do Hammers United plan to have elected officials or is it a closed shop?

dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3

Post by dodger » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:02 pm

brownout wrote:We already have a democratic, independent fans' organisation in WHUISA. The club are ignoring them but will do the same to any similar group.
I see no need for this sort of group and feel it could be counter productive in allowing the club to divide and rule.
Pretty much my thoughts as well.

Do I think WHUISA should be more forceful in their approach? Yes, but then I’m just one of many members and I respect that it’s a democratic process that makes decisions, not just me.

Let’s not split up into the Judaen People’s Front etc.

And as already mentioned, I’m suspicious of new groups forming after the disgraceful episode with the ‘real’ West Ham fans thugs.

The Old Man of Storr

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:25 pm

Northbank Bar wrote:Supporters will join because they trust these people.

Who are ' These People ' if I may be so bold ?