The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by Burnley Hammer »

If maripan signs then you can expect ogbonna to be not too keen to hang around.

I don't think we'll sign medel unless we ship sanchez out, and I don't think it's going to be impossible to get rid of him. He's rated higher in most other countries than England. I have no problem with signing an experienced backup so long as he replaces another one. As I said earlier, he is younger than our current one by 2 years. Pellegrini clearly wants him.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

I hope we make a signing and pay a fee for one soon.

a quickfire 3 in through the door early would be great hayden marzipan and cuellar ?
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I'd be very very surprised if we brought in both Cuellar and Hayden. If we brought in 2 defensive midfielders then one of them is going to be cheap, which is why Hayden and Medel is more likely
hammerman11 wrote:on his day he is up there with the best
the best in our squad? or the best globally? If it's the latter then I think you're very very wrong.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3084 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

You can’t whisper it quietly after shouting it from the rooftops 8-)

I think Lanzini gets harshly criticised. He’s a unique player in our side, but not just that, he’s come back from a major injury and been gotten at since match one. It’s not just physically he has to get back into rhythm, it’s mentally. He came back in during a bad time for the team too.

The fact is, he looked to have recovered and now gets a pre-season, and it’s also worth remembering that’ll be his first with Pellegrini, Anderson and this version of Declan too. We have nothing else like him and need him.
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

I am very underwhelmed with the players we have been linked with this window.The names bandied about are no better than our first choice players so I am struggling to see how we will improve? I fear a repeat of the summer 16 window where we sign a bunch of squad players who don’t add much.Hopefully I will be wrong and we will have a decent sized budget and sign some decent players like we did last summer.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

The argument over how good is lanzini , is not the right one. The question now is how important is he to our current squad and style of playing. The answer to that is nowhere near as much as under moyes, where he was essential to provide the link to Arnie. Hence many see him in a slightly different light to the previous season and don't feel he's indispensable any more.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Interesting stuff coming out on the Lanzini contract situation. I think we should be doing our upmost to try and keep him at the club and build the midfield around him, Rice and Anderson.

On the other hand, I think the club is doing the right thing in being stingy with the wages. The fact is, our wage bill is way too high and we have been offering ageing players astronomical wages for too long to attract them to the club (see Perez, Hernandez, Sanchez and Yarmolenko). If the players don't want to join us unless its on huge wages then they are not motivated to play for West Ham - these are exactly the types of players we should be avoiding in the future.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1039 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I think lanzini and wilshere are after the same spot.
Tommy B

Post by Tommy B »

o one will take 34 year old sanchez off our hands. he is on 70k a week and been out most of last season. one year left so he will be staying.
How is he on 70k a week??? Wasn't he a free transfer know one really wanted? Not disputing it, but Christ we ****ed over that much for a 34 year old average footballer for 2YEARS!
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

One of the twitterers just tweeted this from Ex's No **** Sherlock Podcast
It is believed that we would be interested in Mason Mount if we could get him. However, it is unsure if we could get him and no bid has been made for him currently anyway
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Some hot ITK gossip coming from my reliable sources.

It is believed that we would be interested in Kylian Mbappe if we could get him. However, it is unsure if we could get him and no bid has been made for him currently anyway.

Keep up to date with my ITK bitz on Twitter lads.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Tommy B wrote:
How is he on 70k a week??? Wasn't he a free transfer know one really wanted? Not disputing it, but Christ we ****ed over that much for a 34 year old average footballer for 2YEARS!
50K according to this https://www.spotrac.com/epl/west-ham-un ... c/payroll/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1410 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

The thing with Lanzini is contractual as much as it is whether or not he is in our best eleven, in our best five players, even our best player.

He signed a four year deal in summer 2016, so is out of contract next summer. The club have a 2 year option but (if true) Lanzini, his agent, perhaps even legal advice on their side, seem to think they can get out of that being activated - assuming the rumour from a Twitter account that seemingly has never had anything else ITK to say is true.

So if we take that in hand, this is our last window to sell him for a decent sum of money before he a) leaves cheaper in January because he's got six months left, unsettles the team because he's been playing a role for us, and we end up screwed selling one of our best players for cheap and being unsettled in the middle of the season, or b) sticks around and gives his all for a season, the extension doesn't get triggered, and then leaves for nothing next summer.

On those grounds, selling (if we have a suitable bid) makes sense for us. It's unfortunate timing, because if he hadn't just spent a season out and had continued in his form from the season before I think he'd have been key for us last year, shown what he can do, and we could get a bigger fee for him.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Hammer83 wrote:I am very underwhelmed with the players we have been linked with this window.The names bandied about are no better than our first choice players so I am struggling to see how we will improve? I fear a repeat of the summer 16 window where we sign a bunch of squad players who don’t add much.Hopefully I will be wrong and we will have a decent sized budget and sign some decent players like we did last summer.
I'm not so much worried about ability. It's not ability we really lack in a lot of games - it's application. We need more leaders on the pitch, more players always giving 100%, more players willing to show a bit of fight. I'd be happy with a player like Hayden coming in. He's proven in the league we play in, he's shown his worth to the team, shown that he doesn't go missing, and shown that he plays with commitment.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Alavés
Operation exit in Alavés: Maripán approaches West Ham and Jony to Lazio

Dos of the struts of the Deportivo Alavés last season under the orders of "Pitu" Abelardo, Guillermo Maripán and Jony Rodríguez are going to change of airs this summer, the Chilean transferred to West Ham and the fast Asturian end to Lazio according to picks up today the Italian medium Corriere Dello Sport.

The Italian group, according to the information, would be linked for the next four years, with a salary higher than it currently has. From Italy it is suggested that the end could have passed the medical examination with the Roman team. The Malaga would enter a figure close to 5 million euros for the transfer of Jony, a figure already negotiated the albiazules with the malacitanos to stay with the player in property, but without reaching a satisfactory agreement for both parties.

This past season in Alavés, Jony had his best season in First Division. In 37 games, he scored 4 goals and 11 assists. Season that has called attention to teams like Valencia CF and Lazio who finally seems to be done with the player.

The West Ham up the offer for Maripán

Another player who will not wear the zamarra albiazul next season is Guillermo Maripán, who is concentrated with his team, before the Copa América dispute. The center has already admitted that his desire is to play next season in the Premier League and he likes the project of his compatriot Manuel Pellegrini.

West Ham has presented to Deportivo Alavés a new offer, of 15 million euros, to take over the services of Maripán for the next season. 3.5 million euros more than the first offer of the London team to the Albiazules. However, the Deportivo Alavés continues to refer to the player's clause 25 million euros, still far from the offer of the "Hammers".
https://www.marca.com/futbol/alaves/201 ... b459c.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tommy B

Post by Tommy B »

I got *** for handed?
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Tommy B wrote:I got *** for handed?
eh?
stammer
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by stammer »

Georgee Paris wrote:I think lanzini and wilshere are after the same spot.
next to the jar of humbugs in the medical room ?
Kentammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Kentammer »

I think Lanzini is our best player. When we utilise him properly, he's every other pass. Given the style of football he wants to play, I can't see MP wanting to offload him.

How much is he worth in this market - £25-30m? If he wants another 20k per week, I'd be inclined to chuck it at him.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Was gonna say, we'd need a 3rd choice attacking central midfielder for the 10 or so game where neither are available!