Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2572 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Birds.
Greedy little shits keep eating all the food I put out for the squirrels
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2706 likes

Post by sendô »

Airports.
Plane delays.
Sunburn.
The crap weather when you get home.

Interestingly I set off the metal detector at security on the way back, and all they did was swab my hands with a bit of paper that they stuck into a machine that came back "clean".
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

sendô wrote:Interestingly I set off the metal detector at security on the way back, and all they did was swab my hands with a bit of paper that they stuck into a machine that came back "clean".
The machine is set to indicate a random check every now and then. I fly out of Silvertown for work regularly and have identified all of the clothes, shoes, etc to wear and not set the detectors off.

I still get stopped a couple of times a year. Sometimes it’s for a swab check like Sendo (pretty sure that they are checking for munitions and not drugs!) but other times it’s for full body scan or a feel and touch up session.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I had a run of years of just breezing through security at airports, last five times I have flown I have been stopped, swabbed, touched up, in the capsule for a scan! If it is random I have been unlucky!
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 228 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

c**** who don’t indicate while driving.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 335 likes
Total likes: 708 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

simonpaulthomas wrote:***** who don’t indicate while driving.
Had a run-in with a cab driver yesterday who pulled over from the other side of the road, straight in front of me, no indicators nothing. Didn't even look as he pulled out and then started giving me daggers as if it was something I'd done. Put it this way, he soon got that notion out of his head when the lights turned red on him.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2706 likes

Post by sendô »

The Collector wrote: I still get stopped a couple of times a year. Sometimes it’s for a swab check like Sendo (pretty sure that they are checking for munitions and not drugs!) but other times it’s for full body scan or a feel and touch up session.
Yes, I'm almost certain it's for munitions only...
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

The wife paying £25 for an eye test at Boots, when a 5-second google brings up a voucher that discounts it to £10.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

People parking opposite my driveway... the end of the road is quite packed and people clearly don't have the space or driveway for all the cars down there so now and then someone will park down near my house as there is usually space on the road. However, for the last month people have got into the habit of instead of parking on the open road they are dumping their car opposite my driveway. The latest, has just left their car there for the last week. At least most others that have parked there mount the curb/grass so I at least get a bit more room but this latest one haven't even bothered to do that. They are also about a foot away from the curb so it is a right pain to get in and out.

If the road was constantly jam packed with cars I would kind of understand but this is clearly just laziness so that they don't have to walk any farther back to their house. Headbanger
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 273 likes
Total likes: 346 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

DasNutNock wrote:The wife paying £25 for an eye test at Boots, when a 5-second google brings up a voucher that discounts it to £10.
As there is glaucoma on both sides of my family, Boots gave me a free eye test, no questions asked....
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Have to say, I can't remember paying for an eye test in decades. Always get them free through work or download a voucher off the internet.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

DasNutNock wrote:Have to say, I can't remember paying for an eye test in decades. Always get them free through work or download a voucher off the internet.
Isn't it law now that if you are staring at a screen for work they have to pay for eye tests?
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

A spider the size of an octopus suddenly running across my living room floor. June 7th, that shouldn't be happening.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

WestHamByTheSea wrote:A spider the size of an octopus suddenly running across my living room floor. June 7th, that shouldn't be happening.

I got woke up last weekend with one running over my chest...

:cry:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2011 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

neil_d wrote:Trying to get to Southend Half marathon on Sunday, without driving.
Run there?
lewisham-mer
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by lewisham-mer »

Clacton-ammer wrote:I had a run of years of just breezing through security at airports, last five times I have flown I have been stopped, swabbed, touched up, in the capsule for a scan! If it is random I have been unlucky!
If it’s a big burly bearded bloke feeling me up, I’m not gonna complain... :wink:
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

WestHamByTheSea wrote:A spider the size of an octopus suddenly running across my living room floor. June 7th, that shouldn't be happening.
Got some absolute monsters living in the old pre-fab Garage at the moment.
One of which has made a titanic web over my shelf of Warhammer stuff.
Heresy.

I'm not as afraid of them as I was as a kid, but this one is a big angry b*stard that rears its front legs up when you go anywhere close. Easily the size of a hand palm.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

If I were you, Dave, I'd go in with a two-footed tackle, in these circumstances.

He'll never get all eight legs out the way in time.
The Collector
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

djclipz wrote:Isn't it law now that if you are staring at a screen for work they have to pay for eye tests?
Yes.
mushy
Has liked: 650 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

Just the test though, nothing else (unless its changed).
Bearing in mind those tests arent really expensive in the first place, they aint giving you much.
Pretty sure my optician does those tests for free.