Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by WHU_Del » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:20 pm

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Yeah I'm in Maidstone but getting the St. Pancras service would mean leaving stupidly early to get back.
Drive to Ebbsfleet and pick it up there? Last one back from London is about 11.30pm.

Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:41 pm

WHU_Del wrote:Drive to Ebbsfleet and pick it up there? Last one back from London is about 11.30pm.
I thought about driving to Bromley South but I really wanted to have a beer. Don't think I've been to a gig and not had a beer. The two go hand in hand for me 8-)

sendô

Post by sendô » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:03 pm

Wondering right now what a bloke who thinks it okay to spit in the face of a 14 year old girl is doing involved in a TV charity football match if I'm honest. Similar Ant and/or Dec who is now flogging bank accounts

Danny Baker and Jo Brand castigated for what was probably little more than poor choices for jokes, yet drink driving and crashing into a car with a kid in or flobbing in a kids face is fine if you're mates with all the right people. :eh:

Samba

Post by Samba » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:52 am

Hearing the same adverts on commercial radio stations, over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over again...
I make a point of never buying that product, just to get my own back.

sendô

Post by sendô » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:54 am

^ What, do you mean like this dickhead?

Samba

Post by Samba » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:06 am

I was mainly talking about radio ads but yes, there are plenty of tv ones that make me want to go postal, as well.
Radio seems worse I think, because you're not always near enough to mute, fast forward or skip it.
And unlike your eyelids, you can't close your ears!

S-H

Post by S-H » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:09 am

sendô wrote:Image
^ What, do you mean like this dickhead?
Radio X play this advert every 5 ****ing minutes!

"Wise guy eh"

f*** off!

sendô

Post by sendô » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:49 pm

^ Yes, that's why I posted it. Every ad break yesterday on radio X was that cretin.

They've ruined a great film character now.

psychoscoredthelot

Post by psychoscoredthelot » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:55 pm

bigcarpchaser wrote:Just been on hols to Corfu in one of these all inclusive hotels things. The amount of sheer greed, waste and pure selfishness was astounding. I’ve never seen so many grossly obese tattooed up women trying to eat their own body weight in food 3 times a day in one place. Add to that all the Liverpool football shirts on display (mainly warm by Germans oddly enough, really took the shine off a pleasant enough week away.
i can empathise with you - now i only go all inclusive at 4 or 5 * star gaffes gets rid of the riff raff

the amount of people that also left half a drink and just got a new one also pissed me off no end

badabing

Post by badabing » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:05 pm

On the subject of holidays, the amount of people who can`t be bothered to use please and thank you in the native language. How hard is a gracias , obrigado etc Total ignorance.

S-H

Post by S-H » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:14 pm

badabing wrote:On the subject of holidays, the amount of people who can`t be bothered to use please and thank you in the native language. How hard is a gracias , obrigado etc Total ignorance.
Pathetic comment.

Don't you know they prefer it if you speak at them in English, using a poor foreign accent.

badabing

Post by badabing » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Had trouble at a toll booth in Spain once, and the person on the intercom answered in English , apparently, according to my kids who still remind me of it when we`re abroad, I started using a Spanish style accent explaining that my "teeeket" wasn`t working! I on the other hand have no recollection of this.

S-H

Post by S-H » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:26 pm

:)

Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:36 pm

[youtube]<iframe width="1177" height="662" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2ZnoP4sUV90" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

[youtube]<iframe width="1177" height="662" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CwkUMFk4yTo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

:lol:

sendô

Post by sendô » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:36 pm

badabing wrote:On the subject of holidays, the amount of people who can`t be bothered to use please and thank you in the native language. How hard is a gracias , obrigado etc Total ignorance.
When I was in Portugal and jumped in a taxi, the first thing the cab driver did was apologise to us for his poor English - which in fairness was pretty good and far superior to our Portuguese.

Of course we all insisted that the ****er compensate us for his **** linguistic skills by reducing our fair, the lazy selfish prick. :thup:

DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:04 pm

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:[youtube]<iframe width="1177" height="662" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2ZnoP4sUV90" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
He really is a colossal spastic, isn't he.

James P

Post by James P » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:06 pm

Oddly enough I've been in both Madrid and Porto in the last six weeks. Gracias occasionally got acknowledged in Madrid. Not once did anyone acknowledge me when I said obligado in Portugal. I gave up in the end and just assumed I'd been told the wrong word.

Rocketron

Post by Rocketron » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:17 pm

The problem is ours, not theirs.
We (British) are brought up to use Please and Thank You.
The Spanish are not. They even refer to the British where my Mum lives, as "Los Por Favores".
No offence is meant, just different lifestyles.

Samba

Post by Samba » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:08 pm

S-H wrote:Pathetic comment.
Don't you know they prefer it if you speak at them in English, using a poor foreign accent.
Don't forget to raise the volume of your voice, as well; almost as if you're shouting at them.
They really appreciate it.

Samba

Post by Samba » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:29 pm

The new film that's out, Yesterday'.
It's a fantastic premise. You're suddenly living in a world where The Beatles never existed but you are the only person in the world that remembers that they did. So you are able to claim their songs & adulation, as your own.
Now, if the tv series, 'Goodnight Sweetheart', had never existed, you might have been on to a truly original, winner.
To copy an idea (ok, very slightly different circumstances) so unashamedly is, imo, utter bollox.
To then cast Himesh Patel, the most wooden actor to have ever appeared in 'Eastenders' (& THAT'S f*cking saying something) as the lead, well, it seems a little unwise.
I could be doing young Himesh, a great disservice & he might actually be brilliant in it.
However, I won't be interested in watching what will undoubtedly be, one of the most toe-curlingly, corniest films of the year.