Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

badabing
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by badabing »

Had the misfortune this morning of listening to the Matt and Molly show on radio 1. Jesus wept, I know most DJ`S are pretty inane but these two take the cake, I wanted to leap out the passenger door while still moving.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

djclipz wrote:The thing that pisses me off, is the guy in front was clearly oblivious to how dangerous his manoeuvre was despite the reactions from the cars behind him. Plus, if I had ended up hitting him it probably would have been chalked down as my fault.
Now you see, that's one of those c*nts that never look in their rear view mirror.
Bloody dangerous driving but yes, you (those behind) ALWAYS take the rap. That's what those crash for cash c*nts take advantage of.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Had a car parked outside my gaff since 0800 this morning - partially over the dropped curb making it a right ****ing ball ache to get on the drive. As well as it being a ball ache, it's making it extremely bloody dangerous getting on and off.

Did a DVLA check on it - not taxed, no MOT and showing as not insured on askMID.

Don't give a **** if people want to call me a grass, I've reported it. f*** 'em, it shouldn't be on the road and putting me and my family at risk as we try to get on and off our property, as it's impossible to see what's coming down the road.

Hope it gets towed away. c****.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Driving on a busy road this afternoon, just after a round about and just before a motorway slip road. A van in the outside lane suddenly changes lanes, causing the car in front of us (black mini) to slam on its brakes. Luckily my girlfriend reacted quickly and avoided hitting the mini. I was cursing the van driver and had sympathy for the mini driver for all of thirty seconds before the mini cut across the white shervons on the slip road and straight across three lanes of traffic.
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

Another driving one. Why do people leave such an enormous gap between themselves and the car in front when stuck at traffic lights? I know you're supposed to leave enough room to pull out to get past the car in front if you have to, but these twats leave a whole car length, sometimes more. I'm seeing it more and more, on slip roads like the ones off of the A13 it's quite dangerous as it means traffic backed onto the main carriageway......
V-M
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

V-M wrote:Finally seeing a bit of blue sky and venturing out at lunchtime for the first time this week. Going out and getting soaked in a downpour 5 minutes later.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Image
Oh bugger.

Samba

Post by Samba »

-DL- wrote:Don't give a **** if people want to call me a grass, I've reported it. **** 'em, it shouldn't be on the road and putting me and my family at risk as we try to get on and off our property, as it's impossible to see what's coming down the road.
Hope it gets towed away. *****.
..is the right answer :thup:
Samba

Post by Samba »

People that refer to Ant & f*cking Dec as the new Morecambe & Wise...ffs...they're really not.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Saturdays where you have no plans, nobody is around, you're restless and you really need to occupy yourself with something.

I can feel I'm going to get annoyed today, and subsequently do something self destructive.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

fjthegrey wrote:Saturdays where you have no plans, nobody is around, you're restless and you really need to occupy yourself with something.

I can feel I'm going to get annoyed today, and subsequently do something self destructive.
Spend all day exercising - swimming, running, cycling. Then cook something really complicated.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Samba wrote: ..is the right answer :thup:
Flat bed lifted it and took it away at around 2100 last night - car emblazoned with stickers saying 'Another uninsured car taken off Kent's roads. SEIZED!"

****ing right an'all.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Went to see James Acaster in Cheltenham last night.

Drunk bloke starts shouting out in first half, disrupting the show and despite being called out from stage, and his wife been told to shut him up, the first half has to be ended early. He then refuses to leave and spend half an hour threatening the staff, to fight the entire crowd etc and venue has no security staff available. And he was a big and very pissed up bloke.

Eventually leaves after many threats of the police and the show restarts, but James is completely thrown by the whole thing and the reminder of the show is a complete car crash. Not his fault at all but I'd bought those tickets 6 months ago and the entire night was ruined for hundreds of people Headbanger
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

delbert wrote:Another driving one. Why do people leave such an enormous gap between themselves and the car in front when stuck at traffic lights? I know you're supposed to leave enough room to pull out to get past the car in front if you have to, but these twats leave a whole car length, sometimes more. I'm seeing it more and more, on slip roads like the ones off of the A13 it's quite dangerous as it means traffic backed onto the main carriageway......
Driving instructor course teaches 'tyres and tarmac' in other words you should leave enough space to be able to see some tarmac behind the rear wheels of the car in front, however you do have a point when some leave enough space for the whole of the 1st Armoured Division to slot in
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Samba wrote:People that refer to Ant & f*cking Dec as the new Morecambe & Wise...ffs...they're really not.
Annoying, crap and hugely overrated? Sounds about right to me
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

Samba wrote:People that refer to Ant & f*cking Dec as the new Morecambe & Wise...ffs...they're really not.
The only thing they have in common is that there is two of em......
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Southeastern doing engineering work tomorrow which means I can't go to a gig at The Underworld tomorrow unless I want to get in at around 01:00am - which having to get up at 04:30am is just not going to happen.
bigcarpchaser
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by bigcarpchaser »

Just been on hols to Corfu in one of these all inclusive hotels things. The amount of sheer greed, waste and pure selfishness was astounding. I’ve never seen so many grossly obese tattooed up women trying to eat their own body weight in food 3 times a day in one place. Add to that all the Liverpool football shirts on display (mainly warm by Germans oddly enough, really took the shine off a pleasant enough week away.
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

British Army taking the piss out of one of the brightest minds they have seen in a long time and now she has decided to move on to a better life, sad that this Gov does not see the golden egg that is there in front of them at the time
I will not go into details but I have just said goodbye to one of the most intelligent person I have seen working for the MoD f*** off cos they wont pay her more than a university
Samba

Post by Samba »

Kludgehammer wrote:Annoying, crap and hugely overrated? Sounds about right to me
Little Ern, I grant you. Always found him a bit annoying but Eric, he was very, very funny.
Samba

Post by Samba »

FreeWheeling wrote:British Army taking the piss out of one of the brightest minds they have seen in a long time and now she has decided to move on to a better life, sad that this Gov does not see the golden egg that is there in front of them at the time
I will not go into details but I have just said goodbye to one of the most intelligent person I have seen working for the MoD **** off cos they wont pay her more than a university
The British Government: F*cking up since 1707.