Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by fmgod »

These constant "fire alerts" on the district line, seems to be a new thing or code, loads of station last week shut or not stopping/delays due to "fire alerts"
Czech Hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Czech Hammer »

Samba wrote:..........comforted by their own incessant talking.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

I work with a lass who will quite happily give you an exhaustive account of every minute detail relating to any story she tells ... if I get cornered in a convo with her, the saving grace is that she is quite easy on the eye. :wink:
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

2 1/2 weeks in to radiotherapy. The side effects have started. My bowel is getting hit by the radiation too, thus swelling and losing it's ability to absorb water.

No word of a lie, on the khazi every 10-20 mins, and petrified about farting :oops:
Shy Ted
Has liked: 453 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Shy Ted »

-DL- wrote:2 1/2 weeks in to radiotherapy. The side effects have started. My bowel is getting hit by the radiation too, thus swelling and losing it's ability to absorb water.

No word of a lie, on the khazi every 10-20 mins, and petrified about farting :oops:
That is really awful for you DL, I hope you will finally benefit from your radiotherapy therapy, and everything comes good for you. :(
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

-DL- wrote:No word of a lie, on the khazi every 10-20 mins, and petrified about farting :oops:
Costa coffee has that effect on me. I hope I never have to combine radiotherapy with Costa coffee as it will get messy!

Good luck with the treatment DL. And no making a mess on the upholstery of your clean car.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

fmgod wrote:These constant "fire alerts" on the district line, seems to be a new thing or code, loads of station last week shut or not stopping/delays due to "fire alerts"
Most likely a code. When I was doing work on Network Rail stations, the "Inspector Sans" announcement mean't a single knock had gone off on the fire system - it was an alert for the staff to check the panel.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

sendô wrote:Mrs tried to get the boy some school shorts, uniform shop no good, tesco no good, online no good. She regaled me with minute detail of every part of her school shorts search sage from beginning to end. Fair enough, I'm interested in the boy not being overly hot at school, particularly like most kids his age he is completely useless at keeping hydrated despite us handing him a full bottle of flavoured water as he enters school and telling him repeatedly to make sure he drinks it all through the day.

Anyway, the kids go to bed and she's on the phone to the mother in law to repeat EVERY SINGLE PART OF THE CONVERSATION SHE HAD WITH ME TO HER MOTHER. Word for ****ing word.

They say women talk more than men. I for one believe that. They can't go 10 minutes without nattering on about something, I could happily go a full week without talking to another human being.
I remember donkeys years ago (well before mobiles) my Mum was on the phone to her sister. My Dad had tried to call her from work to say he was on his way home, but obviously couldn't get through. An hour or so later, he walked through the door and Mum was still on the blower!

Needless to say, Dad always paid the rent and the bills EXCEPT the phone bill. That was Mums!
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

People that pronounce spec as "spess".

Ditto Aussies and saffers that say "Proe-ject".
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

sendô wrote:People that pronounce spec as "spess".
Ditto Aussies and saffers that say "Proe-ject".
Both slap-worthy
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Slugs eating the leafs of my Boys bean plant
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

Horsefly bites.
Thanks to the local Council not cutting the grass in our local park for nearly 2 months, parts of it are like a scene from Jurassic Park. Woke up this morning with a load of Horsefly bites on my legs from having taken the Dogs for a walk in the park and losing a tennis ball of their in the longer grass. Whilst wearing shorts.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 411 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

delbert wrote:My mistake it's Cadent and not Cadence who are the slowest bunch of useless fuckmuppets in the history of digging holes in roads and then gawping at them without actually fixing anything.
There's variable speed limit cameras along the A13 able to identify your motor , what should happen now is every single driver receive £10 per day off of the Highways Agency but paid for by Cadent. That might focus them on actually finishing the job sometime this millennium...........
Got a parking ticket last month as they hadn't taken down the suspended parking bay sign even though they had finished work on my road. I contested it and Havering council said no, you've got to pay it (****ers) as it was clearly signed as suspended.

As a last resort i called Cadent and asked them if they could do anything about it. They couldn't have been more helpful and they are going to pay me back for the fine. :)
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

DasNutNock wrote:Yeah, but to be fair, bike hits your car, you’re unlikely to be badly hurt. Car hits a bike, cyclist is almost certainly off to A&E.

I’m not saying there aren’t plenty of c*nts on bikes making a nuisance of themselves, pissing everyone off and generally being a pack of entitled arseholes. But ultimately, 12kg of bike is statistically far less likely to maim or kill than 1.5T of car.
True, but me stopping suddenly to have the artic behind me tuck itself into the back half of my car isn't going to do much good for the health of me, or my kids sitting there.
I say this as I have almost had that happen to me, literally the damn thing stop kissing my bumper, if his breaks were not so good , or he'd not been paying attention at that moment he would have totaled the car.
view from the shires
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by view from the shires »

Why aren't cyclists taxed for all of the extra fuel they cause other road using vehicles to use?
DM
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by DM »

Children in the park playing hide & seek and instead of counting up to whatever they count to, one lazy ***** was using the timer on his mobile phone.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

view from the shires wrote:Why aren't cyclists taxed for all of the extra fuel they cause other road using vehicles to use?
Because the government are already coining it in from the tax the motorist is paying on all that extra fuel they're using...
Mayday
Has liked: 134 likes
Total likes: 282 likes

Post by Mayday »

view from the shires wrote:Why aren't cyclists taxed for all of the extra fuel they cause other road using vehicles to use?
How's that then?
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Mayday wrote:How's that then?
chasing them on the pavements (to avenge pedestrians)
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

DM wrote:Children in the park playing hide & seek and instead of counting up to whatever they count to, one lazy ***** was using the timer on his mobile phone.
At least his count would be accurate in time rather then the way we used to do it. counting as fast as we possibly could.