The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by Aceface »

Balotelli would last until approximately the halftime whistle of the first home game we were losing before being utterly coated for not pressing from the front.

The entertainment he provides is off the pitch, and you can't watch that from the stands.
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

ashbanki wrote:The whole problem with Hernandez is that he has not fitted into the last three managers attacking formations,imo, plus £140k a week to be a back up is ridiculous.I fear that 2nd and 3rd choices could have been Rondon and Mitrovic and we could be looking at 4th/5th choices and will be paying through the nose for them.Lower the sights for a CF and beef up a leaky defence - There are,potentially, a lot of goals from AM and a lot of goals should be stopped by a stronger defence,imo.
while we conceded 13 less in the league last season vs the previous one, we were still shouting and screaming about how weak we were at full back...again, this hasnt been addressed and will be our biggest problem next season
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

I just got the feeling Hdez is not leaving...

But its only me...
artlin

Post by artlin »

EastVillageHammer wrote:Taken from C&H - Terry Westley's thoughts on Gomez:

"Indeed the whole affair may have been a blind for something else that is going on because trust me he and his director of football Mario Husillos keep everything very close to their chest.

It’s impossible for me to believe that they won’t have other avenues open to players on their hit list and the idea that they will have put all their eggs in one basket with Gomez is a non starter for me. They are closer to the situation than anybody and will have known which way the wind was blowing some time back."

In the Marios we trust.
Finally, a sensible post.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

PS: I have researched a little and Kevin Volland came to Leverkusen for 18 M Euro from Hoffenheim... :shock:

So, his markt price will be around 30 M Euro... what I think its a bit too much for him...

Sad.

But, ok. Leipzig want 50 M for Timo Werner and Frankfurt 35 M for Sebastien Haller... also...
Julien Snow Bear
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by Julien Snow Bear »

Turns to Stone wrote:I can see no way on God’s green earth that Pellegrini would want him after having him at Man City
Balotelli had left City before Pellers took over.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

If a striker doesn't come in soon, Hernandez is going to be getting a lot of game time in China. He's the only striker on the list to take, with Silva and Hugill being left out.

A couple of spaces in the squad have apparently been left for new signings...
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

Burnley Hammer wrote:If a striker doesn't come in soon, Hernandez is going to be getting a lot of game time in China. He's the only striker on the list to take, with Silva and Hugill being left out.

amen...hernandez needs to work on his fitness...no point in taking hughill, he wont feature

dont be surprised to see yarmalenko up front...

give it a week, we will have new blood in
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 526 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Universidad-de-Chile wrote:I just got the feeling Hdez is not leaving...

But its only me...
Is it the fact he’s our new number 9 that gave you that unpredictable hunch?
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Burnley Hammer wrote:If a striker doesn't come in soon, Hernandez is going to be getting a lot of game time in China. He's the only striker on the list to take, with Silva and Hugill being left out.

Looking at the clips of the Switzerland training, Antonio has been central with Diangana, Holland, Snodgrass etc wide of him.

I think we’ll see Hernandez and Antonio share the load until a new body arrives.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

I think Yarmalenko and Antonio will be asked to fill in as the 3rd and 4th choice strikers if we get any injuries to Hernandez or the new striker we will be signing soon. They are good enough for their own positions and can fill in as a striker if needed imo.
traxop

Post by traxop »

50M Euros is still 50M, it's still good money even if Celta won't take it in installments. I'm sure someone else will be more than happy to relieve us of a big chunk of that wedge.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

genuine question but what has Ballotelli done in recent years to be considered mental and a madman?
on the pitch
or off the pitch affecting his performances on it

I may have missed it but all I recall is some funny stories off the pitch which haven't really been reason for concern or stopped his performances
Belchio

Post by Belchio »

Ben wrote:genuine question but what has Ballotelli done in recent years to be considered mental and a madman?
on the pitch

I may have missed it but all I recall is some funny stories off the pitch which haven't really been reason for concern or stopped his performances
I think he recently paid a cafe owner 2K euros cash to ride his moped into a fishing harbour.......
Patito

Post by Patito »

Ben wrote:genuine question but what has Ballotelli done in recent years to be considered mental and a madman?
on the pitch

2018–19

In spite of penning a new deal with the Cote d'Azur club, Balotelli appeared late and out-of-shape for pre-season training, and did not play the first three league matches due to a court suspension. His struggling form at the start of the season, as well as his growing conflict with new coach Patrick Vieira, saw Balotelli left out of the first-team squad after making only 10 league appearances. Vieira later announced that Balotelli would not be renewing his contract with Nice, and that he would likely leave during the January transfer window.
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Regarding that £2k man driving moped into water. Pretty sure after that went viral Balotelli said it wasn’t anything more than a joke and no money changed hands.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

on the pitch

Belchio wrote:
I think he recently paid a cafe owner 2K euros cash to ride his moped into a fishing harbour.......
The cafe owner missed a trick there, he should have taken the 2k and driven away and sold the moped. :D
Patito

Post by Patito »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Regarding that £2k man driving moped into water. Pretty sure after that went viral Balotelli said it wasn’t anything more than a joke and no money changed hands.

He's being investigated by local police atm.
Supreme
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Supreme »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Regarding that £2k man driving moped into water. Pretty sure after that went viral Balotelli said it wasn’t anything more than a joke and no money changed hands.
You see him hand over the wad of cash in the video....quickly followed by him lighting up a fag.

Blokes a ****ing LAD
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Ah fair enough. Hadn’t seen it, only read something about briefly.