The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 762 likes
Total likes: 3498 likes

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by Up the Junction »

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1985 likes
Total likes: 1660 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Up the Junction wrote: Wow.
Sullivan stood firm and finally sealed a five year deal with a further 12 month option refusing to give way on the Champions League clause.

Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

That bad cannot be a player like Pulgar...

Not because hes chilean, red, flat, or this or that.. whatever...

Just because the fact he was one of the better player of Bologna...

Third scorer of his team for a MF is not that bad... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%8 ... 909_season

And player No 28 in the Serie A rating table from 295 players total.. in whoscore... https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/108/T ... -2018-2019

Ok, its Bologna only.. but even then, they were 10th in their League, what at least is something a bit equivalent tp West Ham situation 2018-19...

I really do not see the reason to overreact or underreact to...
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

even worse:

The Hammers will experience another year of financial losses up to £28m this season on top of a similar deficit last season.

While they have sold £32m of outbound sales they must still find £32.5m to fund the £64.5m of new signings this summer on top of last summer’s spend of £89m which has an accumulative effect as most deals are paid in instalments.

To balance the books David Sullivan and David Gold will defer £45m of shareholder loans which were due for repayment in January 2020 with interest accrued and rolled forward. They also hope to sell fringe players in the form Jordan Hugill and Pedro Obiang.

https://www.claretandhugh.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

am I missing something here or are they saying we have to have a zero net spend ?

:?
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Up the Junction wrote:

"HammerMan2004" https://www.claretandhugh.info/sullivans-memorable-day/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wow.
Leaves one speechless, funny how the massive increase in financial muscle promised pre move has post move apparently turned into instant losses (accompanied by sad violin music) the moment we actually spend anything beyond pocket money on players.
Last edited by e-20 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Universidad-de-Chile

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:fair enough...

:thup:

saw several games and admittedly it was specifically against the Argies that he was the worst of all,....

I would not touch him with a barge pole.........

I honestly would rather give Cullen a go, he can't be worse than either Medel or Sanchez
Just do not take it bad, Cuenc... But, I will tell you something, so that you maybe understand better that NEVER to compare a game or in something Chile to Argentina is a fair case.

1) In almos 100 years football and international competition, Chile had before Bielsa (2008, I think it was) NEVER WON and defet Argentina in Qualification and official games IN CHILEAN SOUL... NEVER! 8-) .. ( not even a draw I think too, also.. ) .. and outside the country something very similar situation...

2) Argentina is 3 times bigger than Chile... (in kms and in population)

3) Before Sampaoli and this (now old) golden generation... Chile had NEVER won the Copa America... not even in chilean soil.. as home team... and always lost in key games, semifinal and finals to or Brazil or Argentina... always!

Actually, to compare Chile with Arg, is to compare England with Germany... this way...

Also, totally unfair, as you see...
Last edited by Universidad-de-Chile on Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hammer1975
Has liked: 980 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

It’s nonsense Cuenca. He’s mixing up cash flow (paying in instalments) with PnL (amortised fees)....as well as deferring loans being mixed up with equity investment. If the Dave’s invest more equity in to the club it would be pretty much the most out of character thing they would have done.

Feels a propaganda-like piece

The losses sound nonsensical when our turnover clears our wage bill by over £50m too....
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by upton o'good »

goa127 wrote:not a massive fan of Wanyama but he certainly fits the description of what a lot of posters are after. Not sure he's really Pell's style thouigh
Not if he is looking to improve ball retention, certainly.v limited on the ball
Aceface
Has liked: 375 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by Aceface »

We have done a top deal and on this occasion Mr Sullivan takes the plaudits. This is a memorable day for him and us.

Congratulations as well to the management team who identified the striker.
I don’t know what you’re all griping about, he generously sweeps some crumbs off the table at the end there to the little people.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

HammerMan2004 wrote:https://www.claretandhugh.info/sullivans-memorable-day/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't worry everyone. This deal is entirely because Sullivan is amazing. According to his mouthpiece C+H...
It’s not possible to lick anyone’s arse more than this article.
floydie_hammer
Has liked: 80 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by floydie_hammer »

Hope Cullen gets a try at the weekend. Considering how little sanchez was able to play last season i don't see why cullen can't replace him in the squad, possibly even take obiang's role. At least cullen is younger so will develop and learn, instead of getting in another old and cheap backup option.

I think the fullbacks will have to wait until next summer, so possibly wouldn't mind if pellegrini just sat on the money and had something to spend in the january window for a change. That way gives the new faces time to settle but gives us an opportunity to tweak where we need to mid season.

Also gives us a chance to see which positions get the most injury hit. It's fine everyone posting the strongest 11 but how often will they actually all be able to play at the same time
Chip Korea

Post by Chip Korea »

Not sure why anyone reads that site.
Universidad-de-Chile

By the way.../PS...

I do not want to be too critical, bitter or a killjoy (again), but...

If someone can explain and clarify this, would be great.. for good or for bad :
Sebastien Haller’s transfer clause should worry West Ham fans

According to reports from Bild and Kicker (translated by Sportwitness), the player has asked for a transfer clause in his contract that will allow him to leave for a Champions League club in future.

It was a condition from the player before he agreed to join the Hammers.

Haller is a quality striker who will improve West Ham a lot but the transfer clause in his contract leaves the Premier League club vulnerable to future offers from top clubs.

The Londoners could be under pressure to sell the player in future because of that agreement.

https://sportslens.com/sebastien-haller ... ns/270502/
Said basically as a rumour, that Haller could leave if just another Champions League club offer West Ham 45m pounds for him... :?

Right, wrong??
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

hammer1975 wrote:It’s nonsense Cuenca. He’s mixing up cash flow (paying in instalments) with PnL (amortised fees)....as well as deferring loans being mixed up with equity investment. If the Dave’s invest more equity in to the club it would be pretty much the most out of character thing they would have done.

Feels a propaganda-like piece

The losses sound nonsensical when our turnover clears our wage bill by over £50m too....
that's what I am saying in a roundabout way mate..

While they have sold £32m of outbound sales they must still find £32.5m to fund the £64.5m of new signings this summer

basically from that are we supposed to take it that we have 32M in and now we still need to find another 32.5M to effectively end up at zero ??

32+32.5 = 64.5 ???????

in + needs = outlay

:?
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 406 likes

Post by dodger »

hammer1975 wrote: Feels a propaganda-like piece

It’s all propaganda from that site.

Our net spent is now just over 30 million this window. It may be lower than that with the likes of Hugill, Obiang, Browne and Oxford soon to be out the door and probably only one or two more cheap buys still to come.

I’d wager that the vast majority of Premier League teams will have a higher net spend than 30 million this summer.

The board deserve some credit for getting Haller over the line, but that site..bloody hell, you’d think they were carrying the cross up Calvary.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:am I missing something here or are they saying we have to have a zero net spend ?

Softening you up for a Season Ticket hike - if we were that badly off Sullivan should have kept that £25m he loaned Bolton .
BostonHammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by BostonHammer »

bubbles1966 wrote:I think Antonio will be option 3 behind Haller and the striker they sign to replace Hernandez. He'll also be a wide option, along with Diangana when he wants pace rather than Lanzini, Fornals and Yarmolenko.

I can't see us keeping Obiang, Sanchez or Cullen. I think he'll sign one to replace them who'll compete with/partner Rice , and if push comes to shove he'll trust Snodgrass, Noble, Wilshere or even Zabaleta when he wants a second holding/defensive player if injuries have kicked in , or something.

Anderson's best position at Lazio was right wing.
The striker they sign to replace Hernandez? Sigh. It's literally impossible to shift him receive a decent fee and get someone who can do what he does for a paltry £10m. Everyone needs to accept the fact that he's not leaving we have to get behind him and hope he has one year of his prime left in the tank and that our healthy super star midfielders will find him.
hammer1975

Post by hammer1975 »

Aceface wrote: I don’t know what you’re all griping about, he generously sweeps some crumbs off the table at the end there to the little people.
:lol:
reo_coker20
One line wonder
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by reo_coker20 »

[quote="
It’s not possible to lick anyone’s arse more than this article.[/quote]

That’s what I thought so pro board and feel a bit sick. Yes well done sully you’ve signed about your 50th striker and your spending money it’s the least you owe us
hammer1975

Post by hammer1975 »

Cuenca, you could read it like that. I read it more as the Dave’s will heroically extend their loans in order to support the net spend (hope to slightly reduce the net spend with sales - although I think most believe we’ll need to spend more than the Obiang fee to replace him).

Anyway, will move on from talking about that crappy site

Any sign of a left back? Not a massive vote of confidence in Cresswell so far - and Masuaku is returning from a tournament where a Congo league player was selected ahead of him....