The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2569 likes

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by Burnley Hammer »

VeniceHammer wrote:pulgar would be very tasty, although i guess a bit expensive.
Not much more than we'd bring in from selling Obiang... he has a release clause of 10.5m apparently
VeniceHammer
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by VeniceHammer »

we should be allover that, then. he has a cannon of a right foot, takes mean penalties/free kicks and has an eye for the spectacular goal.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

VeniceHammer wrote:we should be allover that, then. he has a cannon of a right foot, takes mean penalties/free kicks and has an eye for the spectacular goal.
Don't know much about him but WhoScored list a whole range of stuff for his strengths, and nothing in his weaknesses. Seems to have very good defensive stats as well as a key passes stat that's better than most of our attacking players!
VeniceHammer
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by VeniceHammer »

I would say he's a younger gary medel that offers much more offensively.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 1849 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Aceface wrote:There was a bit of chatter earlier in the summer that Pelly Ruddock might go to Stoke.

Don't know what he did in a past life to deserve that, but he looks like he may be one who ends up working his way up the leagues.
Have zero skin in that particular game but I'd be disappointed to see that Luton team start breaking up before they've had a crack at the Championship. Has to be doubts over them keeping going but the momentum of back to back promotions is going to count for a lot for the start of their season.
Ding
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 511 likes

Post by Ding »

Pulger. Enforcer type. Good tackler. Good range of passing. Mean free kick and penalty. Strong. Tall. Inked. Looks like a young street thug. Only 10m release. What’s there not to like?
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

Are we linked to Pulger?
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

S-H

Post by S-H »

Sweet.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

I am actually surprised the club haven't just considered doing moreless a straight swap with Bologna. They get Obiang and we get Pulgar. Maybe even try and mug them off by giving them Sanchez aswell for free.

It's strengths our midfield, and Bologna get a replacement in straightaway. :thup:
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Out:
Obiang
Sanchez
Cullen

In:
Pulgar
Palhinha

That leaves us with central midfield options of Rice, Noble, Wilshere, Pulgar & Palhinha, with the the likes of Lanzini, Fornals & Snodgrass being able to drop in if and when needed. That would really solidify our midfield for years to come and wouldn’t be too expensive.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1034 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

UdC will be pure fire tonight! :lol:
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1034 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

HammerAl wrote:Out:
Obiang
Sanchez
Cullen
I'd offer a two year contract to Cullen and have him back on loan at Charlton for a season. See what he can do at Championship level before moving him on. I think he has all the attributes to be a Premier League footballer.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

LeonRivers wrote: I'd offer a two year contract to Cullen and have him back on loan at Charlton for a season. See what he can do at Championship level before moving him on. I think he has all the attributes to be a Premier League footballer.
And if he's a success in the championship, we'll be able to sell next summer for much higher.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 1849 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Cullen is 23 and hasn't managed to anything above League 1 level yet. I think it's fairer to let him go so that he can settle somewhere permanently and develop with some stability around his next couple of years.

Would be great to see him join the likes of Bullard, Britton, Garcia, Stanislas that did that and found their way back to the Premier League with other clubs.
Believer
Has liked: 1421 likes
Total likes: 759 likes

Post by Believer »

LeonRivers wrote: I'd offer a two year contract to Cullen and have him back on loan at Charlton for a season. See what he can do at Championship level before moving him on. I think he has all the attributes to be a Premier League footballer.
Totally agree Leon. It would be disappointing to not give him a chance at this stage when it would not cost us a lot for another team to give him some game time in a very competitive league..
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

HammerAl wrote:Out:
Obiang
Sanchez
Cullen

In:
Pulgar
Palhinha

That leaves us with central midfield options of Rice, Noble, Wilshere, Pulgar & Palhinha, with the the likes of Lanzini, Fornals & Snodgrass being able to drop in if and when needed. That would really solidify our midfield for years to come and wouldn’t be too expensive.
I'd much rather do this and then use the loan market for an additional striker.
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

Unrelated, but whatever happened to bury me @ the boleyn? He always turned up in the transfer windows and then magically disappeared as soon as it closed.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Ludeksgloves wrote:Unrelated, but whatever happened to bury me @ the boleyn? He always turned up in the transfer windows and then magically disappeared as soon as it closed.
Who?
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

LeonRivers wrote:I'd offer a two year contract to Cullen and have him back on loan at Charlton for a season. See what he can do at Championship level before moving him on. I think he has all the attributes to be a Premier League footballer.
He’s a tidy little footballer but I don’t think he’ll ever make it in the PL I’m afraid. As much as I’d like him to come through, I can’t see him being any more than a top League One / mid Championship player.