The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 655 likes

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by Albie Beck »

WestHamIFC wrote:DLP
I'm stocking up on garlic.
e17
Has liked: 282 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Post by e17 »

There's no way we're signing him Harry Potter's seen him off
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1414 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

ashbanki wrote:Bilic was hung out to dry in his pursuit of a DM
I do think that the signing of Carvalho, or non-signing, was a real sliding doors moment for us. We'd be far more advanced now if we'd signed him, in my opinion, looking stronger in midfield. He'd be so good alongside Rice, as well, they play into each other's attributes.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

TWUNT
The Wildly Unscrupulous Neolithic Tossrag
thewhirlwind
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by thewhirlwind »

Romaine Sawyers at Brentford could be worth a look... Classy player and won't cost much as in last year of contract.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

thewhirlwind wrote:Romaine Sawyers at Brentford could be worth a look... Classy player and won't cost much as in last year of contract.
never seen him play - but there must be some quality younger players getting a chance at the lower league clubs that are worth taking a punt on
Aceface
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by Aceface »

YorksHammer wrote: I do think that the signing of Carvalho, or non-signing, was a real sliding doors moment for us. We'd be far more advanced now if we'd signed him, in my opinion, looking stronger in midfield.
It would have taken far more than Carvalho to sort out late-period Bilic's set-up.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 233 likes
Total likes: 1504 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Carvalho would have been massive for us.

Elneny wouldn't be a bad signing and would certainly improve us imo. He actually started off pretty well for Arsenal when he first arrived but they're about as bad as utilising midfielders as we are to utilising strikers.

He's not slow, decent on the ball, gets up and down. Plenty of Champions League experience and should have a point to prove.

A loan deal would be ideal imo.
YorksHammer

Post by YorksHammer »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:never seen him play - but there must be some quality younger players getting a chance at the lower league clubs that are worth taking a punt on
Sawyers is 27...

But, there certainly are some. Kalvin Phillips, for example, would be a really great move for us. Ezri Konsa looks like a good move for Villa, I like the player a lot.
Patito

Post by Patito »

YorksHammer wrote: Kalvin Phillips, for example, would be a really great move for us.
Superb player and exactly what we need but the lad is desperate to stay in Leeds even though the club are messing him around a bit. Villa have had a few bids rejected, would cost upwards of £20mil I'd have thought, he's worth it but we won't be spending that much I wouldn't have thought.
thewhirlwind
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by thewhirlwind »

Sawyers is 27...

But, there certainly are some. Kalvin Phillips, for example, would be a really great move for us. Ezri Konsa looks like a good move for Villa, I like the player a lot.[/quote]

Yeah but he's class and it's rumoured WBA have bid 2.2m for him
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
djoe

Post by djoe »

The only player in Belgium i would like to have at West Ham is Sander Berge.
Would just fit in perfectly next to Rice.

21 years old Norwegian, 12 caps for them. Big and strong lad (1,93 m) but with good feet, really technical. Has a great crosspass . 15-20 million Euros should do the trick.
norse
Has liked: 380 likes
Total likes: 838 likes

Post by norse »

Generally don't want any Norwegians at West Ham, but Sander is probably the one who could make it in the Premier League
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Always been impressed with Sawyers whenever I’ve seen him play.

Really like Phillips too.
Portland Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Portland Hammer »

Sawyers at 2.2m would be the steal of the window. Very good player and would be a great buy for us.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

kouyate only finished last season last week , he'll be properly knackered by november
Northammer
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Northammer »

djoe wrote:The only player in Belgium i would like to have at West Ham is Sander Berge.
Would just fit in perfectly next to Rice.

21 years old Norwegian, 12 caps for them. Big and strong lad (1,93 m) but with good feet, really technical. Has a great crosspass . 15-20 million Euros should do the trick.
Now that would be a cracking signing (not only because he's from my home town).

Not sure the'd let him go for as "little" as that, though. But I have recently thought of him as an ideal solution to the balance of our midfield. Much better than ****ing out 15 millions for Hayden, at least.
Tommy B

Post by Tommy B »

I have know idea if he is any good but I wouldn't mind a quality Norwegian in the team (wifes Norweigan). Agree the about Hayden half the posters on here want us to sign him based probably on the fact hes English, from london plays in midfield and it would mean spending a bit of money; wrongly imo.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 319 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Had we brought Carvalho we would never have seen Rice certainly in the midfield, as for the two of them together well Carvalho is less mobile than Noble and that would make 2 midfielders who prefer to play with 50 yards of their own goal as opposed to 50 yards of the opposition.

We do not need now a Rice clone except as cover, what we require is a player who can properly link the play, offers a threat with a pass or run if needed, ideally has some goal instinct yet is defensively at least sound - in essence whatever version of Frankie L or Stevie G is around and in our price bracket.

Some have indicated this is Fornals in which case if true first 11 sorted.
YorksHammer

Post by YorksHammer »

Just to check - we're one in, one out on non-homegrown players now, right? And that's even without Xande Silva.

Fabianski, Roberto, Diop, Balbuena, Ogbonna, Reid, Masuaku, Zabaleta, Sanchez, Obiang, Fornals, Lanzini, Anderson, Yarmolenko, Snodgrass, Haller, Chicharito

The maximum of 17 non-homegrown players.

Homegrown players - we have Martin, Cresswell, Fredericks, Wilshere, Noble, Cullen, Antonio, Hugill. That's our minimum of eight, and if they're still with us come the end of the window we'll be obligated to name them all in our squad.

Homegrown we can bring as many in as we like (in theory) because it becomes a case of just juggling who we have as our eight named squad players. Hugill and Cullen may not see any match time this season anyway, even if they do stay, so a homegrown signing could replace them without an outgoing.

It then makes links to (for example) Hayden carry a bit more weight, because we can just replace Cullen in the squad with Hayden and not have to actively sell someone prior to signing him.