PSF: Fulham 0-1 West Ham Utd (27/07/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Re: West Ham United FC v Fulham FC: PSF

Post by hammer1975 »

Be interested from those who went in how we looked and whether the high press was effective from our front four. sounded a 4-2-3-1 with Wilshere deeper and near Rice rather than a 4-1-4-1. From the radio it sounded like we were pretty dominant in the first half but not turning it into goals - perhaps because Fulham were sitting deep and standing off rather than the high press that gives us different problems.

Particularly interested how Chicharito looked as well when he came on (given some clickbait articles overnight that he is still looking to leave which may or may not be out of date).
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5555 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

Graza wrote:They've put Lanzinis goal up on the west ham Facebook wall.

Hell of a hit. Not sure if the keeper should have got something on it though.
Lovely strike. Think the dip on it beat the keeper.

Sounded like we created some decent chances which is great given it was the first time the front four have played together.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Fornals, Lanzini, Antonio, Johnson, Cresswell, Rice all looked particulaly good. Haller lacked service so struggled to get in the game although shouldnhave buried a double chance in the box for a corner when it came in. Not concerned though, and we slicked it about lovely as a team at times. Well in control of the game, if not really testing their keeper too much. It'll come good eventually though up front. Lanzini looked the best of the lot.
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

How slow were the staff serving beer !
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Marky wrote:How slow were the staff serving beer !
Piss take. Gave up in the end. Facilities there have always been dogshit. I love the location of craven cottage but my god they need to upgrade their stands properly.
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

I don't like our new shirt :thdn:
Colours never run

I think both shirts look class.

Regarding the game today, the only slight negative for me was seeing Balbuena make a few mistakes out there. I'm not overly concerned, as I put it down to being rusty having played little during pre season, he was poor today though. He'll come good again once he gets going properly during the season.
Josie112002
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Josie112002 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some highlights uploaded on YouTube, apologies if they have already been posted.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

The tills kept freezing in the Q I was in and being card only you couldn't just hand over cash. My card didn't go through, I waited a while for the bar staff to re enter but he just served another person so my drink was free. Lucky for them only a £2.50 hot chocolate rather than a more expensive lager and food.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Lovely touch from Johnson in the build up to that goal, not just lashing it in the box but finding the pass.

Cresswell got forward a bit better but seemed to just drill a hopeful ball across. Masuaku put in a couple of decent crosses.

Haller's movement looked a big improvement.

Antonio looked sharp as well.

Looks a strong side.

Sanchez looks like a different person, hopefully hes a different player too.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Didn't go or watch but heard a bit on the radio.
Blimey, our crowd were loud!
How was Haller? Some bod said that he didn't see much to write home about.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Josie112002 wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some highlights uploaded on YouTube, apologies if they have already been posted.
:thup: Cheers for that.
That rain when it came down!
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

thejackhammer wrote:
Haller's movement looked a big improvement.
On what, Arnie?
Colours never run

Cresswell had the captain's armband today, just like he sometimes wore it playing under Bilic. Shows Pellegrini has faith and trust in him in the squad and the players respect him.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Post by dodger »

Colours never run wrote:Cresswell had the captain's armband today, just like he sometimes wore it playing under Bilic. Shows Pellegrini has faith and trust in him in the squad and the players respect him.
You are so pro-Cresswell I’m starting to wonder if you’re a member of his family!

He was ok. His crossing was still very poor, and Masuaku did better at that than him, something you were earlier arguing was an area where Cresswell is superior.

I wouldn’t read too much into him being captain for the day. It’s probably just that he was the longest-serving player in the line-up. If Pellers ‘trusts’ him so much why was Masuaku so often preferred over him last season?

I’m fine with him as our back-up but he’s not good enough to be starting regularly for a Premier League team any more.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

no way does cresswell start over Arthur. he can be cover. ben Johnson did well and is a great find for the club as can cover RB as well as preferred position of LB. The boy has a big future ahead I think. so good to have another good academy youngster coming through - the west ham way !

haller was rusty but is our focal point. he will score loads with the players around him.
defence needs to gel and quickly for the city game. two good pre season games left against berlin and bilbao to do so.
Colours never run

dodger wrote:
You are so pro-Cresswell I’m starting to wonder if you’re a member of his family!

I'll tell you why that is, it was getting to the point reading regularly on here, it felt like Cresswell had killed members of posters family! 8-)

All I've tried to do, is readdress the criticism of him because I don't recognise such a poor left back that he was being painted out to be and that in fact he still has a lot to bring to the table and his issues were more down to getting over his niggly injuries he's managed to pick up. I think Pellegrini does still rate him too when injury free, to the point he makes him Captain in the absence of Noble. It's not the actions of a manager if you are in a hurry to sell them.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes

Post by Ozza »

Marky wrote:How slow were the staff serving beer !
I remember when they had some spotty youth walking around with some portable beer thing there, he got absolutely raped by WH, there was beer being handed out left right and centre.

Never saw them do it again
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

The opposition view: Fulham
https://kumb.com/story.php?id=133731

Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

mushy wrote: On what, Arnie?
Ironside would have more movement than Arnie. Ok, maybe a tad harsh, but Arnie really didn’t have great striker movement at all. Haller looked good I thought, seemed to slot in and communicate well, hopefully it’ll only get better. Only a worldy stopped him scoring