Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

twixy
Has liked: 1 like

Re: Boxing thread

Post by twixy »

Someone on the comments has said:

Whyte: ******ing Hell.
Hearn: Alright Mate?
Whyte: ******ing hell in it, Jesus Christ bruv. I haven't slept at all the last couple of days.
Hearn: Nor have I, but I didn't have to fight.
Whyte: ******sake.
Hearn: Mate, that was the miracle of all miracles wasn't it?
Whyte: That's the difference between being a professional...
Hearn: I had everything, I had a statement for you ready to go.... and he just phone me up and was like... we did it and i was like oh my god.
Whyte: I need to keep my hair for some reason. It's a ******ing stitch up, I passed 2 tests in 2 days and then one in a million..
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

Blimey.

Cheers Pat, half deaf innit.

fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

First interview where someone has actually put pressure on him

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

He's a slippery **** isn't he.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1667 likes
Total likes: 517 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Hooker V Ramirez - After an undercard that was piss poor, I didn't expect much from this fight, but boy, was I wrong! These two super light weights (140 lb) had two different styles - Hooker: an incredibly long limed counter-puncher with power in both hands and Ramirez: in your face, double fisted powerhouse, with incredible body shots - and at first Ramirez got the better of the first two rounds. Then Hooker jabbed him to bits for a few rounds and then they squared off and it became a slug fest.

As Hooker said after the fight "I switched off for one second and that's all he needed:" Ramirez nailed him on the head and he wobbled Hooker, although game, couldn't stop the relentless tirade of accurate incoming punches. The ref stopped it whilst Hooker was on his feet because he was almost KO'ed on his feet.

The UK champ tailor beware beware. Ramirez is the real deal and he's coming for him.
Supreme
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Supreme »

On the Whyte situation, now officially confirmed by the WBC that he failed test in the A sample;

https://wbcboxing.com/en/status-of-dillian-whyte/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Something incredibly dodgy going on here - I just can't understand what the thinking is from Whyte/Matchroom's side here. Not informing Rivas and his team about it is madness, surely he will be looking to sue the arse off all of them and rightly so.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

They won't sue I wouldn't think, would shoot themselves in the foot for any future fights with Hearn or anyone else, almost like Curbs suing us killed his career
englebert

Post by englebert »

I don't know a huge amount about drugs in sport, how they work in the body etc.
But it seems that Whyte passed all the VADA testing throughout camp including one 2 days before his test failure, but that he failed a UKAD test. In it were some very small traces of something and there was a hurried hearing between UKAD and BBBoC the day of the fight whereby the VADA evidence was presented and UKAD and BBBoC cleared him to fight.
Now the small amounts in the system probably don't mean he was on steroids but that he may have drunk or ate something that produced the small levels. It doesn't mean he is a drug cheat, but if course he could be. Then there is the whole TUE issue going on, throughout Boxing and other sports.

I don't know what i make of it but i will reserve judgement of Whyte until i know more. Unlike the general boxing community who seem to love to put the boot in
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

A promoter who has been outspoken about PED users when it suits him, and a fighter failing a test for the second time in his career

Combine that with there were two fighters in a ring on Saturday, one of them had failed a test and the other guy and his team didn’t even know about it. That is a potentially recipe for a tragic disaster

Easy to see why people in boxing (who aren’t afraid of losing their job perks) are calling out Matchroom, Whyte and Sky on this
englebert

Post by englebert »

I get that, but until we know more people should reserve their judgement.
I seem to remember Bradley Wiggins being critical of cyclists that failed drug tests, Chris Froome too. yet both of these take and have taken banned substances with permission for asthma. how come most cyclists seem to have asthma?
TUE's mean that a doctor can prescribe many banned substances and that is ok. but is that worse than drinking an energy drink that contains tiny elements of a banned substance? This could be what has happened here, we do not know yet. Why pay for VADA testing and be tested several times to then take drugs and risk getting caught? it's not logical (but definately possible)

For the record i think no matter what happened Rivas's team should have been told.

There is very little drug testing in boxing. it would not be beyond the realms of possibility most top boxers are on drugs
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Whyte is bang on a cheat, he even has gyno, look at the old pictures of him, a blatant roid boy.

Passing one test and failing another means nothing, just means what UKAD were looking for they found, or Whyte forgot to cycle off quick enough or use a masking agent.

Whyte is bang to rights, the pair of them haven't even really denied the PED user, more just "he was cleared" basically being an MP about the question
englebert

Post by englebert »

how many top boxers do you think are on drugs?
Dave Allen reckons 50-75%
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Not sure that high, but a lot are or a lot are actually allowed with the TUE's. At heavyweight though it's even easier as your weight doesn't make a difference so having got to stay between a certain weight

Off the top of my head

fury - tested positive
Joshua - Blatently
Chisora - This renewed energy and power all of a sudden at an old age
Whyte - Yeah
Klitschko skipped a year when younger so he could juice, wasn't illegal so meh
Miller - More drugs than boots
Povetkin - Proven drug user
Wilder - Not sure, he was an athlete before boxing so is going to naturally have a good fitness base
Ruiz - Same as miller I find his punch output questionable at this size for such prolonged periods
englebert

Post by englebert »

So almost every top heavyweight then? So why the outrage from everyone?
If you can see these guys are juicing, and I think your probably right. Surely everyone in boxing knows what’s going on? Why are they taking to social media on their droves to condemn?

It’s a shocker of a sport when you think about it. Cheats everywhere, exploitive promoters, bent governing bodies!
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

It's because Hearn has been so hypercritical, even accused Pacman of being on drugs the day after they found out Whyte had found a test. Whyte himself has numerous times insinuated Joshua is juicing and he also plays this straight down the line guy when he obviously isn't

Yeah it's mad, you can go even deeper and look at different state rules ie Mayweather fighting only in Vegas, Ward fighting only in his home state

I think deep down as well, going a bit women's fashion magazine esque, in a modern image conscience world the likes of Joshua and others are creating superficial images of what your average bloke should look like for both men themselves and women, same way girls look at stick thing supermodels.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

In the build-up to Whyte v Browne, Whyte repeatedly called him a ‘junkie’ before talking about how careful he is now with any supplement etc he puts into his body since his first failed test :lol:
Patito

Post by Patito »

englebert wrote:how many top boxers do you think are on drugs?
I think that's a conservative estimate.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2649 likes
Total likes: 1196 likes

Post by EvilC »

englebert wrote:how many top boxers do you think are on drugs?
90% plus.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Looks like he might get away with it or at least a very reduced punishment, Matchroom PR in overdrive and threatening left right and center,
old fart
Has liked: 139 likes
Total likes: 356 likes

Post by old fart »

How childish to boo home after those 2 knocks