The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

jonbentleywhu

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by jonbentleywhu »

HighWycombeHammer wrote:I don't think we would have signed players like Anderson, Haller and Diop if we were still at Upton Park. The Olympic stadium is a big selling point to foreign players.

Payet, Carroll*, Lanzini. It's a myth. - It's not. If we were still at the Boleyn we would have gone backwards with players by now. The very high % of the starting 11 this week would not be there.

Also, our best signing of late MP would not be with us.

The stadium is a major plus for players.
Im not convinced the bowl is a big selling point to players. There are teams around Europe with older stadiums with less capacity and they still manage to recruit good manager's/players.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

I think we all know deep down that Hammerman is a bot that reads the forum and the rest of the internet then makes a daily post. That's why as soon as a player is linked to us he goes on his list, and his negative opinions echo whatever has been recently posted.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

give me a 48k Boleyn ground over a 66k ***** bowl. we play at a neutral ground now no matter what the board say.

the next level has seen us spend 25m net and now we have no more money ?

its all razzle dazzle by the dido boys.

I mentioned Balotelli and Sturridge as we do not seem to be linked with anyone younger !

would still rather have either of those two over Hernandez. both can play up top on their own or as a two.

both would want around 80 - 100k a week as opposed to Hernandez 140k signing on fee of 3-5m covered by selling Hernandez for 5-8m.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Peaches wrote: - I wanted Allfie Manson this time last year.

Sounds like he'll be murder in defence, so he'd fit in well here.
MafiaLeader
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by MafiaLeader »

In:
(cb) Gonçalo Cardoso £3m
(mf) Erick Pulgar £10m
(cf) Albian Ajeti £10m

Out:

Ogbonna £7m (+ -70k wages)
Cullen loan
Hernandez £10m (+ -145k wages)

Not only would this shift 2 of our oldest players, but we would save a small fortune in wages. It would also improve our midfield and give us a decent second choice striker.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Balotelli would be a wild card nutter signing I'd entertain. It does run a risk he may f*** about and lose form but I do believe too much gets made of it because he's so out there as a geezer. Mavericks and West Ham go hand in hand. Just as long as they don't throw all their toys out the pram. He could be more Di Canio, than an Arnautovic..
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we do love a mad man at west ham

he would be better than Hernandez but how do we shift Hernandez even for 8m ? his 140k wages and ineffectiveness are a problem !

must be a la liga side that would take him in part ex
woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

Colours never run wrote: Sounds like he'll be murder in defence, so he'd fit in well here.

Alfie Manson? Sounds like a bit of a stab in the dark
hoptony

Post by hoptony »

I remember a few seasons back, under Big Sam. He let Carlton Cole go at the end of the season, only to re-sign him a few months later. Now what is Andy Caroll doing?
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

hoptony wrote:I remember a few seasons back, under Big Sam. He let Carlton Cole go at the end of the season, only to re-sign him a few months later. Now what is Andy Caroll doing?
What is Carlton doing?
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

More “sell Ogbonna, sell Hernandez for £xm”. Given that they made their preferences clear before the window even opened (certainly in Hernandez case) we and their agents have probably been trying to find that £xm for them all summer with no takers. Why should that suddenly change in the next few days?

Fair dues to both however so far, at least to the outside world, they have been very professional about staying if a move cannot be found.
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

MafiaLeader wrote:In:
(cb) Gonçalo Cardoso £3m
(mf) Erick Pulgar £10m
(cf) Albian Ajeti £10m

Out:

Ogbonna £7m (+ -70k wages)
Cullen loan
Hernandez £10m (+ -145k wages)

Not only would this shift 2 of our oldest players, but we would save a small fortune in wages. It would also improve our midfield and give us a decent second choice striker.

In an ideal world but it is never going to happen, one who wants Oggy on his wage?
Who wants Hernandez on his wage?
Do these players want to come here and is there enough time even if they did? And does Sullivan want to look under his sofa for some change?
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1482 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

hoptony wrote:I remember a few seasons back, under Big Sam. He let Carlton Cole go at the end of the season, only to re-sign him a few months later. Now what is Andy Caroll doing?
If we dont bring in a striker before Thursday then I'm not adverse to having Carroll in on a "money for minutes" deal.

Pay him for every minute played and every goal scored.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

I don't 'get' this 'Hernandez is ineffective' thing - he's an out and out goalscorer who's scored at a rate of pretty much 1 in 2 for us over the past couple of seasons.

While I think he's the wrong player in our system, he's been highly effective for us at what he actually does.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

From the little seen in pre-season I wonder actually if Hernandez might be more effective this year as an alternative to Haller with Fornals added to Lanzini and Anderson behind him especially if Yarmolenko is also around the squad. All thrive on movement upfront, which he does offer, and have the ability to find a pass that the likes of Snodgrass and Antonio from last season lack.
OohAahButler
Has liked: 561 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

Ballotelli? No thanks. I know we like a maverick here but we’ve just got rid of one disruptive influence and seem to be building a young, motivated team and need them all pulling in the same direction.

Also, his wages. If we’re trying to restore some sanity to our wage structure we don’t need the likes of our first choice (Haller) looking enviously at what we’d be paying for a player who I assume would be his backup.

I’m struggling to see much upside , but a lot of potential downsides.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1482 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Gsbgsb wrote:From the little seen in pre-season I wonder actually if Hernandez might be more effective this year as an alternative to Haller with Fornals added to Lanzini and Anderson behind him especially if Yarmolenko is also around the squad. All thrive on movement upfront, which he does offer, and have the ability to find a pass that the likes of Snodgrass and Antonio from last season lack.
If (and it's a big if) Haller stays fit then I cant see Hernandez starting 1 league game. Not 1. Its 10 minutes here and there and some league cup and FA cup matches.
We're pissing money up the wall by keeping him.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.

More unnecessary and contrary trolling just for the sake of having an argument. Please refrain or it will mean a sanction.
Last edited by bristolhammerfc on Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: see user notes
Colours never run

hammerman11 wrote:we do love a mad man at west ham

he would be better than Hernandez but how do we shift Hernandez even for 8m ? his 140k wages and ineffectiveness are a problem !

must be a la liga side that would take him in part ex

Oh no..I'd keep Hernandez as well. Haller, Balotelli and Hernandez ripping it up for fun in attack. We definitely have the wages to cover it. If that's not part of the equation, then ok I'd rather keep Hernandez as more reliable up front.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

didn't they change the free agent rule last year ?

we signed Nasri but he couldn't play until January....no one can be signed outside the window and still play until January.

or have they changed it back ?

if not, Thursday is the deadline to sign ANYONE ????

cheers