Hammers on Loan 2019/20

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Re: Hammers on Loan 2019/20

Post by sanchoz » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:42 am

Slaven Bilic urges two-goal supersub Grady Diangana to prove himself in the Championship

[quoteSlaven Bilic hailed Grady Diangana's sensational impact on his Championship debut, and urged the West Ham loanee to keep delivering for the Baggies.][/quote]
Diangana scored two goals in his first six minutes of second-tier football to turn the game on its head at Kenilworth Road.

Harry Cornick had opened the scoring for Luton in the first half with a free header after Semi Ajayi slipped.

Bilic brought Diangana on at half-time and the 21-year-old drilled a low long-range equaliser into the far corner before capitalising on a deflection to put a diving header past Simon Sluga.

Diangana played 17 league games for West Ham last season, but when Bilic was asked if he was a Premier League player, he said: "There's no point talking about that.

"He's in the Championship, he's got to prove himself in the Championship first.

"He's got quality but it's about consistency. We don't expect him to score two goals every 45 minutes but we can make that pressure be a positive one not a negative one.

"He won't get carried away with this, it's also a part of our job to keep him humble as well.

"The season is a marathon, it's not 45 minutes, his career is a marathon not 45 minutes."

The Baggies improved in the second half when Diangana, Matheus Pereira and Charlie Austin came on.

Diangana came on at half-time for Kyle Edwards, but Bilic was quick to point out it was a team effort that changed the game, rather than just one substitute.

"It was not only him, it was the team, it was a different team," said Bilic. "It wasn't like Kyle out and Grady in, it was the whole team.

"I understand ups and downs, but it could have been a few other players as well (to come off).

"We weren't bad in the first half, we were there, every minute we were coming into good situations, two v one, running into the box and then to create, but we weren't brave enough to do it.

"The final ball was not there or the movement especially was not there.

"So we had a a bit of a spark, one change, and second half it was a different team.

"Players were like 'I want to win this game, turn it around', they were beating the players, passing the ball around. The goals helped of course.

"It was a deflection for Grady's second, but you have to be there, the first half we weren't there. Eventually the ball will hit you or you will hit the ball.

"After that we gained confidence, and they slumped, because they conceded a couple of goals. They were a bit groggy like in boxing.

"We should have used that better to score, but they came back, because they have a good team, and they have belief, but to be fair we introduced a couple more players who are very good on the ball in Pereira and Charlie, and we didn't look like conceding.
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... mpionship/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:44 am

Luton 1 West Brom 2 - Player ratings

Substitutes

Grady Diangana (Edwards 45)

What can you say? Two goals in six minutes turned the game on its head and gave Albion exactly the sort of predatory instinct they'd been missing. Also set up a chance for Austin and tracked back. Should surely start the next game. 9
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... r-ratings/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Matchwinning league debut for West Brom one of best moments of Grady Diangana's career
Baggies supersub Grady Diangana says scoring two goals in the first six minutes of his Championship season is the best feeling of his young career.

Diangana came off the bench away at Luton on Saturday and turned the game on its head, drilling in a long range effort before scoring a diving header.

The West Ham loanee, who was signed on deadline day after Slaven Bilic called up his former employers, staked a huge claim for a space in the team.

"I'm in shock!" he said. "It's an amazing feeling and definitely one of the best moments in my career.

"The first one, I had a one-v-one. He gave me a little bit of time to shift and shoot. I hoped it would go in and it did.

"The second one I was really happy with because I'm happy I got into that position. I'm usually out wide so to be in that position was really pleasing."

Diangana signed his first professional contract when Bilic was in charge of West Ham, and trained under him with the first team.

"He's a very nice person and a very good coach," said the 21-year-old. "To be able to communicate with him and speak to him about anything is great. He's always helping me with my game.

"He just said go on and be positive, be confident like I am in training and in games and to have an impact."

Derby were also interested in Diangana, but Bilic had tried to sign him all summer, and eventually got his man.

"Obviously I know Grady but not in the amount that some people think," said Bilic. "He trained with us when I was at West Ham but he was very young and I think even with David Moyes he didn't play.

"He emerged last season with [Manuel] Pellegrini. He played 17 games in the Premier League and they have [Felipe] Anderson, [Michail] Antonio, [Robert] Snodgrass and [Andriy] Yarmolenko – who got injured and that helped him – but they are top quality players.

"He got minutes there and started. I tried a few times in the beginning of the summer, but Manuel wasn't ready. They got [Pablo] Fornals in and Yarmolenko came back from injury, so they had options.

"It was a no-brainer for us. We like those kind of players, like Kyle [Edwards], Grady, [Matheus] Pereira, they're all young positive players, and take on people.

"That's great when they're surrounded by experienced players like [Charlie] Austin, [Kenneth] Zohore and [Jake] Livermore."
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... as-career/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NW5hammer

Post by NW5hammer » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:41 am

Video of those two very good goals from Grady for WBA:
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... -west-brom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:59 am

Sunday’s Fixtures:

Sead Haksabanovic

Sead played 88 minutes as Norrköping won 2-0 at Sirius. He scored the opening goal and set up the second.

MATCH REPORT (translated):
“It became one of this autumn's hottest IFK leaders, who finally broke the deadlock in the match after 67 minutes. Sead Haksabanovic intercepted a return in the penalty area. His first shot was covered but not the second shot past Elvbåge. Haksabanovic got a goal scorer in the Europa League qualification, but this was his first in all Swedish for IFK.”
“With five minutes left, Isak rescued the team again and in the attack after that, Sead found a rushing Kalle Holmberg who showed the right pace in front of Sirius' goalkeeper. 0-2. Mins "Nice to be able [score] too. I needed it for my self-confidence. It's a matter of believing it, he said as he described how he pushed the ball into his second attempt. Kalle Holmberg's 0–2 goal became the nail in the coffin for Sirius, with Haksabanovic as the forward. "I saw that Kalle had a nice surface so I played to him," he noted." Sead said.”

Next Match: Sun 25th August vs Helsingborgy (a)

Martin Samuelsen

Martin played 17 minutes as Haugesund won 2-1 at Valerenga.

Next Match: Sun 25th August vs Lillestrom (h)

OP UPDATED

prophet:marginal
Location: Boleyn Ground, Westham United Football Club, Green St, Upton Park, London E13 9AZ

Post by prophet:marginal » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:42 pm

NW5hammer wrote:Video of those two very good goals from Grady for WBA:
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... -west-brom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The touch and turn at the end of that clip was 'kin brilliant, too.

Looks, however, that WBA's defence will cause Slav a few headaches, this term. A positively Irons-esque effort for Luton's goal! :D

Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:42 pm

Two very impressive, and very different goals from Grady.

The first was an absolute screamer but the diving header for his second was just as impressive considering how quickly the flight of the ball changed with that deflection. He certainly looks sharp and so far looks like a good call to get him some experience in the Championship.

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:53 am

Analysis: Grady gives West Brom a rapid mood swing

After a first half that felt frustratingly similar to the opening two games of the season, when the Baggies had plenty of the ball but lacked cutting edge, Diangana provided exactly the sort of spark that was missing.

His first goal evoked memories of Albion’s last loan star to score a screamer on league debut, and it was a 45-minute performance Harvey Barnes would have been proud of.

His second goal, an opportunistic diving header, showed a reassuringly predatory instinct that hadn’t been there before he was brought on.

All of a sudden, Albion had impetus, drive, pace, and power. Thank goodness Slaven Bilic called up former boss David Sullivan and pulled in a favour.

As Bilic said afterwards, it’s far too early to be getting carried away.

“We don’t expect him to score two goals every 45 minutes, but we can make that pressure be a positive one not a negative one,” said Bilic. “He won’t get carried away with this, it’s also part of our job to keep him humble as well.

“This season is a marathon, it’s not 45 minutes, his career is a marathon, not 45 minutes.”

But there’s no doubting Albion have got a talent on their hands.

It wasn’t just Diangana’s goals, which were two different types of finish, it was his ‘crazy’ take on the touchline and burst down the flank which ended with Charlie Austin hitting the post, it was his willingness to track back and make tackles on the edge of his box.

You don’t make 17 Premier League appearances for a team brimming with attacking talent like West Ham for no reason.

It wasn’t just Diangana either. Matheus Pereira was sparkling on the other wing and Austin added a threat up front.

Perhaps Luton had tired, and left more space because they were chasing the game, but the front three that finished the afternoon looked far more dangerous than the front three that started it.

That’s not to say Matt Phillips, Kyle Edwards and Kenneth Zohore won’t have a part to play this season.

The first two have already scored goals and Bilic was quick to make it clear that it could have been anybody who came off at half-time, not just Edwards.

They will all be needed, particularly in tight games like this when something is required off the bench. Phillips is still a valuable player at this level.

Bilic also complimented Zohore’s second-half performance, which was a slight improvement on his disappointing display against Millwall.

Zohore’s role will be to lay the ball off to the dangermen behind him like Diangana, Pereira, Edwards and Phillips.
The only criticism of the second half could be, in their eagerness to kill the game off with a third goal, the Baggies left themselves vulnerable on the counter.

But Bilic’s substitutes were positive, and they had the desired effect.

The three men he brought on all staked a claim for a starting spot once they are fit and ready.
Seven points from a possible nine is a good start in anyone’s book, particularly because no team in the Championship is still boasting a perfect record.

But just like Diangana’s career, it’s dangerous to get too carried away. Albion won the opening two games of the season when they were relegated from the Premier League.

However, it is better to be up there at this stage than playing catch-up already.

And with more to come from some of Albion’s deadline day attackers – not to mention the return of Ahmed Hegazi and Gareth Barry – there is renewed faith for the season ahead.

It’s amazing what six minutes can do.
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... ood-swing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:09 pm

Diangana promoted to the starting XI for tonight's match vs Reading:

docarnie

Post by docarnie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:15 pm

Diangana , Cullen and Hugill all starting this evening!
Good luck to them, at least our loaners so far getting game time at a decent level

westhamlinnet

Post by westhamlinnet » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Cullen looks a decent player to me watching Charlton v notts forest. I believe he is out of contract end of season. I am sure Sullivan will get either nothing or a pitiful fee for him

westhamlinnet

Post by westhamlinnet » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:12 pm

Hughil just scored qpr

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:38 pm

westhamlinnet wrote:Hughil just scored qpr
he'll score enough to get them promoted - and they'll feel he isn't cut out for the PL

:D

StevePottsGoalsReel

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:42 pm

009: LICENCE TO HUGILL 8-)

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:59 am

Midweek Fixtures:

Nathan Trott

Nathan played as Wimbledon lost 2-1 at Ipswich.

MATCH REPORT:
"The game started very slowly and it took until the 29th minute until a chance was created, with Norwood scuffing his volley straight at Trott."
"Ipswich missed a golden opportunity to open the scoring in the 37th minute when Dozzell found Norwood with a defence-splitting pass but Trott stuck out a hand to deny the Ipswich forward."

LIVE TWEETS:

35 - A first save for Nathan Trott as he holds on well to gather a header.
36 - An even better save from Nathan Trott as he got the better of a one on one with James Norwood.
55 - Kalambayi slices towards his own goal, but Trott saves well. He was caught late by Norwood, but he is fine.

Highlights: https://t.co/Ce5rzWdeho?amp=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Trott involved in the Wimbledon goal, and a very nice save in there too. :thup:

Next Match: Sat 24th August vs Sunderland (a)

Jordan Hugill

Jordan played as QPR lost 1-3 at home to Swansea City. He scored a glancing header and was booked for dissent after having an injury time goal ruled out for offside.

MATCH REPORT:
"The home side started brightly and Hugill controlled the ball with his chest before firing a dipping volley over the crossbar."
"The pressure eventually told, as Hugill connected with Chair's cross to glance his header inside the far post."

LIVE TWEETS:

13' What a goal that would've been! Jordan Hugill chests down a corner and then thumps a first-time volley just over!
66' LEVELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! JORDAN HUGILL! The striker brilliantly glances an inviting cross into the far corner! GET IN!
67' Close! Hugill heads down for Chair, who sees a shot superbly blocked!
90+1' Hugill volleys the ball into the net but the offside flag was already up against Osayi-Samuel.
90+4' Hugill heads over the bar from a Manning cross.

Next Match: Sat 24th August vs Wigan (h)

Josh Cullen

Josh played as Charlton drew 1-1 with Forest.

LIVE TWEETS:

3' Great start from the Addicks. Cullen wins a free-kick out on the right. Great chance to get another good ball into the box.
36' Great football again! Cullen and Oztumer play a neat one-two to put the former clear in the box, he drills a good ball in, but Muric does well to clear the danger.
43' Booking for Watson for a late challenge on Cullen.

Next Match: Sat 24th August vs Brentford (h)

Grady Diangana

Grady played 69 mintues as WBA drew 1-1 with Reading. WBA conceded within 2 minutes of Grady leaving the field.

MATCH REPORT:
"But, from then on, chances were sporadic. Matt Phillips had a half volley dragged wide, then had a shot deflected over and on-loan Grady Diangana, like Charlie Austin on his full Albion league debut, almost jinked his way through."
"Diangana also homed on goal with a menacing run only to power his finish over the bar."

Next Match: Sat 24th August vs Derby (a) - Live On SKY Sports

OP UPDATED
Last edited by LeonRivers on Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:19 am

QPR 1 Swansea City 3 - Rangers suffer back-to-back defeats
QPR were beaten for the second game in a row as they fell to a 3-1 defeat at home to high flying Swansea City.
Rangers could have gone ahead on 12 minutes when Ryan Manning picked out Jordan Hugill from a corner, who controlled well with his chest but volleyed just over the bar.
QPR tried to find a way back into the game and nearly picked out Jordan Hugill in the box from crosses on several occasions but Steve Cooper's side defended well.
The home side found their equaliser on 66 minutes when some lovely build up play gave Chair the chance to pick out Hugill, who glanced his header into the far corner.
QPR team: Lumley, Kane, Hall, Barbet, Manning, Cameron, Amos, Smith, Eze, Osayi-Samuel, Hugill
https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/fo ... -1-6228965" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ipswich Town 2 AFC Wimbledon 1 – Late sickener for Dons as Tractor Boys produce turnaround
AFC Wimbledon were cruelly denied any points as they succumbed to a narrow 2-1 defeat against Ipswich Town at Portman Road – both the hosts’ goals coming very late.
Despite being stifled by a stable backline, Norwood did manage to wriggle free 10 minutes before half time, a wonderful through ball setting him away. He advanced on goal but was denied by a big hand from Nathan Trott to keep the scores level.
The contest turned with 10 minutes remaining, as Ipswich were awarded a controversial corner. A deep whipped delivery found Norwood steaming in at the far post as he powered a header beyond Trott to level the game.
https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/ipsw ... urnaround/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:23 am

Report: Charlton Athletic1 Nottingham Forest 1 - Addicks remain unbeaten
Albert Adomah’s second-half strike was enough to cancel out Lyle Taylor’s header in Charlton’s midweek Championship fixture against Nottingham Forrest.
Charlton started the game in the same fashion they have their season – on fire.

In the opening minute, Leko’s ****ed header from Josh Cullen’s corner was pushed onto the post by Forrest keeper Ariljanet Muric.
Teams:

Charlton 4-1-2-1-2:

Phillips, Purrington, Lockyer, Sarr, Oshilaja, Gallagher, Cullen, Field (Aneke 75), Oztumer (Williams 61), Leko (Pratley 75), Taylor.

Subs: Amos, Pearce, Aneke, Pratley, Bonne, Lapslie
https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/178 ... -unbeaten/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Player Ratings: Charlton Athletic 1 Nottingham Forest 1
Josh Cullen – 8

Did not give the Forrest midfield a second to catch their breath as they were either chasing him or his passes. Sensational performance.
https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/178 ... -forest-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:25 am

West Brom 1 Reading 1 - Report and pictures
It was third time lucky for Albion, who were finally given a penalty in the 88th minute after having two shouts turned down to escape a frustrating game against a vibrant Reading side with a point.
Bilic made three changes to his line-up, rewarding Grady Diangana and Charlie Austin with their first league starts of the season following their impact off the bench at Kenilworth Road.
The Royals themselves were winning possession in midfield, capitalising on some rare sloppy passes from Sawyers.

It meant chances were emerging at both ends. Phillips screwed a shot wide when Diangana's cross came to him at the back post before having another shot blocked after good work by Kyle Bartley and Austin.
The Baggies were starting to move through the gears, and they had another penalty shout turned down on the hour mark when Krovinovic went down after a one-two with Diangana. Contact from Swift looked minimal, but the crowd were still incensed when Bankes said no again.

Albion needed to be more direct, but when they were, Diangana blazed a chance over the bar. He was replaced by Matheus Pereira, whose first contribution was to do exactly the same.
Teams
Albion (4-2-3-1) :Johnstone; Furlong, Ajayi, Bartley, Gibbs; Sawyers, Livermore (c) (Edwards 82); Phillips, Krovinovic, Diangana (Pereira 69); Austin (Zohore 75).

Unused subs: Bond, O'Shea, Townsend, Brunt.
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... -pictures/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:35 pm

Today's Fixtures:

Nathan Trott

Nathan played as Wimbledon lost 3-1 at Sunderland.

LIVE TWEETS:

55 - Good save by Trott to deny Wyke, who had a great chance to put Sunderland 3-1 up. Still 2-1.
64 - So close for Sunderland as Max Power had a great chance from six yards out, but he headed straight into Nathan Trott's hands. Still 2-1.

Next Match: Sat 31st August vs Wycombe (h)

Jordan Hugill

Jordan played 22 minutes as QPR came from behind to win 3-1 at home to Wigan. He was introduced shortly after QPR took the lead and scored a third goal to wrap up victory after missing an open goal from one yard shortly after coming on.

MATCH REPORT:
"Hugill was guilty of an astonishing miss shortly after coming on as a substitute. Wells did well on the left to tee-up the on-loan West Ham striker, who was unmarked a couple of yards from a gaping goal yet contrived to lift the ball over the crossbar."

"But Hugill made amends by collecting Eze's pass and side-footing beyond Marshall and in off the far post."

LIVE TWEETS:
68' Second QPR change... Hugill on for Pugh.
69' Should be three! Hugill steers a low Wells cross over the bar from a couple of yards out.
81' GOOOOOOOAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! JORDAN HUGILL! Hugill latches onto an Eze through ball and curls a brilliant strike into the bottom corner!

Highlights here: https://www.skysports.com/football/qpr- ... ort/409405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The miss was incredible! The goal was a lovely finish.

Next Match: Weds 28th August vs Portsmouth (h) - EFL Cup 2nd Round

Josh Cullen

Josh played as unbeaten Charlton move into second place with a 1-0 win over Brentford..

LIVE TWEETS:

27' There will be a break in play while both Cullen and Oshilaja receive treatment. .
29' Cullen up and about, but Oshilaja still down and struggling.

Next Match: Sat 31st August vs Reading (a)

Grady Diangana

Grady played the second half as WBA drew 1-1 with Derby.

Next Match: Sat 31st August vs Blackburn (h)

OP UPDATED

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:10 am

Sunday’s Fixtures:

Sead Haksabanovic

Sead played the full match as Norrköping beat Helsingborgs 5-0. He assisted the second goal, scored the third goal and won a penalty for the fourth goal. He is rated by many as IFK's top attacking threat at the moment.

“Sead Haksabanovic 4 (out of 5)
Continues to score goals and create disorder in the opposing defense. The goal was high-quality, Sead had full control of where the goalkeeper was. Be the cause of the harsh punishment and participate in the foreplay in most cases. Is the one carrying the attack game right now.”

Next Match: Sun 1st September vs Hammarby (h)

Martin Samuelsen

Martin played 28 minutes as Haugesund lost 2-0 at home to Lillestroem.

Next Match: Sun 1st September vs Tromsoe (a)

OP UPDATED

StevePottsGoalsReel

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:13 am

LeonRivers wrote:
...Be the cause of the harsh punishment and participate in the foreplay in most cases.
:think:

:idea:

Think I've seen some adverts for this sort of thing online.