Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Blow Bubbles

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Blow Bubbles »

HammerMan2004 wrote:That ovation he got, when he was going off today, was special.
I actually had a tear in my eye as we all stood and applauded him off. That was one of those moments that you just don’t understand unless you’re actually there. The reason why watching on the telly just isn’t the same, IMHO.
Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Rasp »

Dreading the day this man hangs up his boots, he makes the whole side tick.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

neathiron wrote:Interesting comment from Kevin Nolan on Soccer Saturday earlier when he said Noble doesn't practice penalties in training. Makes his record even more remarkable.

Nobles repeated the same thing about his own penalty taking before that.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

HammerMan2004 wrote:That ovation he got, when he was going off today, was special.
What's happening now (not before long mind), is because he's 32, fans now realise he's getting towards the end of his career (I personally feel he has a good 3 years left in him) and want to now make the most of him whilst he's still playing. Also an element of realisation just how good he is for us when he doesn't play. That's all that is and lovely to see. He deserves it. I reckon it'll become more and more of a thing, the more he plays and taken off near the end of games once results are done.
PlaistowIron
Has liked: 243 likes
Total likes: 208 likes

Post by PlaistowIron »

That ovation said it all, he was superb today :thup:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

PlaistowIron wrote: He was superb today :thup:
Again. Long may it continue.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

‘He’s proving you wrong
He’s proving you wroooonng
Marky Noble
His legs ain’t gone’

Good to hear a new song for him being started in the BML.
EastVillageHammer
Has liked: 3225 likes
Total likes: 2622 likes

Post by EastVillageHammer »

PlaistowIron wrote:That ovation said it all, he was superb today :thup:
Absolutely right. Pretty much the entire ground. He was excellent again today, anyone that doesn’t rate Noble’s ability and importance to the team should go and watch tennis instead.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Another season where the bloke makes the doubters wrong....outstanding Nobes
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

His ability to win back and keep the ball moving is just as clear when he's missing, as it is when he plays.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Some of the touches yesterday, little movements to gain space. Looked like he is a man lifting his game again to those around him. He's absolutely cruising in that midfield spot. Makes the game look so easy - he's got plenty in the tank left if he can play the way he is at the moment. Not comparing them as players but he is gliding through games like David Silva at the moment.

Replacing him when he retires is going to be hard work. I truly believe he has elevated us as a club for 15 years when we have under invested all over the pitch. He just makes us tick, and steps up to whatever quality is around him. To get a midfielder who can do what he does with the ball, particularly on transition, is going to cost a small fortune.
Denzil
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 529 likes

Post by Denzil »

You could see what that ovation meant to him. He turned a couple of times to take it in. The non-choreographed roar getting louder and louder for him was amazing to be a part of. The hairs on my neck went.

Just watching him play, directing the team, telling the defence when to move, stick, follow their man. The little fouls he draws to slow the game down when we are 2-0 up. Very mature performance. Some say he’s the engine of the team, he’s more like the computer in it. There is no one in that side with the footballing brain he has. Hopefully Dec is learning as much as possible off of him.
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Denzil :thup:

Yesterday was almost perfect opposition for Noble - and he was instrumental in us dominating them.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Legend? Damn right
irving boleyn
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

When subbed, he usually runs off,professionally,

But he milked that applause yesterday. Or was he a bit miffed at being taken off while he was still running the game?
Denzil
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 529 likes

Post by Denzil »

He probably usually runs off because we’re losing, not 2-0 up haha
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

I think he was a bit surprised and touched by it.

So was I. It was probably my favourite footballing moment at the LS.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Noble & Rice seem to be a similar pairing to that of Henderson and Fabinho for Liverpool.
SiamHammer
Has liked: 1070 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Post by SiamHammer »

ironilunga wrote:Noble & Rice seem to be a similar pairing to that of Henderson and Fabinho for Liverpool.
but better
Colours never run

irving boleyn wrote:When subbed, he usually runs off,professionally,

But he milked that applause yesterday. Or was he a bit miffed at being taken off while he was still running the game?
Glad you raised this point. When I first noticed his number coming up on the board, I immediately looked over at Noble who turned and gave the impression he was initially disappointed with a slight sight but then found Ogbonna to give the armband too, before taking in his much deserved ovation. Think he milked it a little so Pellegrini could see just what the fans thought of him yesterday. And not that I think Pellegrini needs it - I think he appreciates him more than he allows Noble to realise - many times last season he'd take him off not cos he's having a bad game, but to preserve him for the season cos he plays so much and plays so hard all the time. So I do think there was a element of that as he walked off. The game was done and dusted by the time he was taken off with a few mins left so I reckon Pellegrini wanted him to feel the praise too, just as he did with taking Anderson off. Not everytime subs are made cod the player is injured/playing badly, sometimes it's offered as recognition just like yesterday. I'm sure Brooking would tell us all different though..