CCR3: Oxford Utd 4-0 West Ham Utd (25/09/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

artlin

Re: ⚽Oxford United v West Ham United: LC R3 Match Thread

Post by artlin »

That team is a bloody disgrace.

Totally disgusted with that result.
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

Comments on page 2 made me laugh :lol: It was so obvious with so many changes we would struggle because you only need to go back in recent times to see it.We have a good 14-15 players then the rest are either old,injury prone,or not good enough or a mixture of those combinations.We need to produce or find some good young hungry players who want to prove theirselves in these games,especially if we want to qualify for the Europa league where changes are needed due to the Thursday / Sunday nature.Wolves are struggling now as they don’t have enough depth to their squad either.
Last edited by Hammer83 on Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonbentleywhu

Post by jonbentleywhu »

romfordneil wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:25 am You back again jonbentley? Funny how you never logged on all last weekend when Everton lost at home to Sheff Utd and we beat Man Utd...
Neil your boring mate . stop reading into things. I don't live on the forum. I did log on FYI. But I sometimes/rarely post due to work/family commitments.

great performance vs a poor united side, Bournemouth have come into abit of form and will be a tough game this weekend. I rate Eddie Howe bigtime and id like to see him manage us one pellers has gone.
if we play like we did vs united we will rack up a decent number of points over the next few games.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

The thing I take away above all others from last night is that Fabianski is the single most important figure at the club currently.

We see defensive slips like those every week in the league but have become accustomed to not seeing them converted into goals.

He needs to play in the FA Cup fixtures, even (or especially) if they're resting other first teamers.
ballantine
Has liked: 1254 likes
Total likes: 229 likes

Post by ballantine »

Paddy O'Hammer wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:51 pm
That's not an apology. More like a series of excuses. As half hearted as our cup performances.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2355 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

anjado wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:16 am When we last reached an FA Cup final we played weakened teams in the first 2 rounds of the competition literally every team in England plays a weakened team in the early rounds of the competition even bloody Oxford did.

The problem is an attitude problem, our worst performances last season were Wimbledon away, Cardiff away and Burnley away. All of them summed up by an abysmal attitude by our players which reeks of arrogance which is why we will always be ****.

That team out tonight should easily be good enough to beat Oxford who's best player at least in the first half was Robert Hall a player everyone on here deemed was undeserving of a place on our bench seven years ago.

We are always let down by our experienced players in this team, Zabaleta, Snodgrass, Sanchez apparently were all atrocious. When we lost to Forest in that game years ago everyone blamed the youth players in our team when by far our worst performers on the day were Modibo Maiga, Matt Jarvis and Stewart Downing who got off scot free because no one ever brings them up when it comes to that debacle.

We should have given the young Portuguese kid a go in at centre half and we should have started Coventry. The likes of Zabaleta and Snodgrass clearly don't care enough Zabaleta has won everything there is to win in the game so maybe he lacks the motivation what is someone like Snodgrass or Noble's excuse they have won nothing two appalling cup exits back to back is an embarassment for the club.

But the blame lies solely with the players the team we picked should be strong enough if we had a winner takes all game with everyone's yearly wage on the line I guarantee our players would suddenly find motivation then.
As you say, every single team does it. The top teams, the rest of the Premier League. The clubs outside premier league. All clubs want to give their squad players game time as it is important to do so. I am not saying it should be the way, but it is and has been for ages.
Some clubs seem to be much worse at coping tHan others. Bournemouth always get knocked out by lower league clubs whilst Watford seem to be able to cope a little better.
Our reserves are not worse than reserves from other lowwr premier league clubs and are certainly not worse than Oxford reserves so it clearly is the preparation, attitude and psychological fortitude which is the problem
We were only 1-0 down when Haller and Anderson came on so would have expected a reaction given their quality
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

time to forget the cups until January now. Bournemouth also lost but their team against us will be well up for it. I would hope ours would be too.

I would take a draw now as they are a bogey team.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

Lets face it we've been watching this season after season. Our club isn't interested in cups, all we want is the money of the premier league, so as a business, midtable obscurity is the aim. Knocking us out in a cup is no longer a shock, neither is it to many other premier league clubs who don't see playing in cups as fitting into their business plans.
Bedsides, as soon as we play man city or liverpool, every team will get knocked out anyway so whats the point?

By the way, i'm not expressing that is my opinion, i'm saying that seems to be the attitude of the club.
Last edited by kitthehammer on Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

I heard winning the caraboo cup is worth 100k to the winners so sully is not interested and nor is pelle. you get more with one place higher in the league.

us fans are desperate for a day out and a cup any cup !

still we can concentrate on the league now !
Crouchend_Hammer

Hammer83 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:38 am Comments on page 2 made me laugh :lol: It was so obvious with so many changes we would struggle because you only need to go back in recent times to see it.
So where were all the posters slagging off the line up predictions or commenting negatively once the actual line up was announced? There was a couple of posters who were unhappy (j recall Cuenca, Rigoberts Song tbf to them) but very minimal opposition in the main with majority posting very similar line ups and expressing satisfaction with that line up.
As I posted at the time, it is easy to be wise after the event
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

i think we could have picked our under 16's. The problem is , though they can't/won't say it, as a club we are not interested in cups, only the premier league. But it's not just us.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

That team should have at least tried. They might have lost by the odd goal but to get stuffed 4-0 is disgusting !
as I say the players should pay the 1300 who made their way up there. 1300 x £30 a ticket is £39000 which is nothing to them.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I;m just pretending this didnt happen. So far, it seems to be working
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Pop Robson wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:29 am
How can that squad give us our WORSE ever defeat to a team 2 leagues lower (unless you know better) :?
3 Leagues Lower that is !!

A Division 4 team for us olduns
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

6 - 0 wouldn't have been an unfair result. They absolutely rinsed us.
Two Claret Bands

Post by Two Claret Bands »

All this talk of our 'team' makes me laugh!
MP put out a group of players that know each other that's all... much like the other Prem clubs that got knocked out this week. A team plays together regularly, they know what to expect of each other. You can't just take a bunch of players that don't play regularly as a team and expect them to beat a League 1 (or 2) TEAM. I trust our actual team will be back together for Bournemouth - who will put out their TEAM as well. MP knows all this.
Crouchend_Hammer

Pop Robson wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:10 am 3 Leagues Lower that is !!

Not that it matters much in the general scheme of things, but Oxford are half way up Division 3

although there were quite a few reserves playing!
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Pop Robson wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:10 am 3 Leagues Lower that is !!

No mate, Oxford are league 1. So 3rd Div. to us oldies. Two tiers beneath us.
Not that it makes the slightest difference.
Still an absolutely shocking and disgraceful result.
I really do wonder how the players feel after a performance like that and if any of them actually care?
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Went to bed early last night as I was just home from hospital after an op - saw it was 0-0 at halftime and thought we'd nick it by 2 goals , the side we'd put out wasn't that bad after all , a smattering of 1st teamers surrounded by a few 1st team subs etc , then I discovered we'd lost by 4 goals to nil . :)

If the Club can't be bothered why should the fans ?
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

because we love the club the team, manager sully and co don't. its just money and a job.