Away tickets 2019 / 2020 season

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Rocketron

Re: Away tickets 2019 / 2020 season

Post by Rocketron » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:37 pm

Phil S wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:53 pm
I just wonder how guys like Kev would feel if suddenly he can't do what he's been doing all these years..Obv he's just one example as most on the Hornchurch coaches would have been going every away since the dinosaurs.
How could the club even contemplate taking that away from people? It's their life!
The sane reason Kumb aren't allowed to report the games. They perceive the away support to be anti Board, they want to do away with that.

danm79

Post by danm79 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:41 pm

Phil S wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:53 pm
I just wonder how guys like Kev would feel if suddenly he can't do what he's been doing all these years..Obv he's just one example as most on the Hornchurch coaches would have been going every away since the dinosaurs.
How could the club even contemplate taking that away from people? It's their life!
I think it comes up back to the 'me me me' comment above, people get upset because they can't get to the select game(s) they want. Look at Villa and I expect Everton not prime fixtures, midweek, difficult to get to/from - they won't be screaming for these the same as Man City last year.

What people don't seem to understand are the likes of Kev and certainly around 500 other fans will put going to a West Ham game before almost anything else (we are a strange lot!). These are the people that set of at silly o'clock on Boxing Day to go to Swansea, battled the beast from the east to Swansea again, had the journey from hell back from Sunderland on a monday night, travelled to Romania twice, the list goes on - there were tickets available for all of these where were these desperate fans then?

The honest answer is the fact someone fancies a weekend in Bournemouth with the missus or an easy trip into London we should forget this loyality what annoys me most is the fact people have the cheek to quote 'the West Ham Family'.

hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Post by hadleighhammer » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:50 pm

simon1982 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:46 pm
People are making themselves busy to cause a problem. All this West Ham family nonsense. It just screams me me me!!
Absolutely. Some "Supporters" willing to create a problem as they see an opportunity to **** of some of the most loyal supporters we have just so they have a chance to go on a jolly with their mates/family at a location and time that suits them. Same people probably go on about with their mates how being West Ham is special and like a family.

Just another example how our support really is an utter load of **** now.

hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Post by hadleighhammer » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:52 pm

danm79 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:41 pm
I think...
Missed this before my previous post. All spot on.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote edited.

Row X

Post by Row X » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:23 am

Everton still selling at 13 points.

These are the best games, the people who actually want to be there will be there.

I'm on the first train out of Euston, it looks like this is too much effort for the moaners :scarfer:

danm79

Post by danm79 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:05 am

Row X wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:23 am
Everton still selling at 13 points.

These are the best games, the people who actually want to be there will be there.

I'm on the first train out of Euston, it looks like this is too much effort for the moaners :scarfer:
Take away home PP effective general sale is 4pp wouldnt be surprised if it gets down to this. With no ballot I reckon you would get this on 0 pp.

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:18 am

Quite a few vexed old timers asking who is behind the move to abandon ASTs and priority points yesterday.

I think it would be good if the contact details for those who have put their name to this are freely available for the away crowd to directly contact them. I presume they want the thoughts of those of us who follow the team to all games and there are some very valid and strong thoughts being expressed.

I am thinking of handing out a sheet at an unfashionable away game with the contacts printed so those self appointed to look into this can get some proper feedback.

Any list of contacts appreciated as I swerve twitter etc.

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:27 am

Sean Whetstone
Dan Coker
Nigel Khan

I think these 3 are on an OSB ‘committee’ looking into this. Anyone else named?

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:40 am

If you go on the official site I believe they have contact details for the OSB members
https://www.whufc.com/fans/osb/profiles

The link for the survey is here https://seanyw.survey.fm/west-ham-ticketing-survey
I'd suggest everyone on here does the survey.

Sean Whetstone is running it
Very worrying that these OSB puppets are running this, it will be heavily biased as it's run from that site and not sent to the wider audience like Hammers chat, here and WHO. Considering Whetstone seems to have got tickets for Spurs and Brighton yet only has 5 points...

The smell gets worse

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:52 am

Thanks Phil.

No questions about corporate, freebies or touts in the lounges I see.

Looking forward to speaking to Whetstone face to face and asking him where he gets his tickets from.

danm79

Post by danm79 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:54 am

Doc H Ball wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:27 am
Sean Whetstone
Dan Coker
Nigel Khan

I think these 3 are on an OSB ‘committee’ looking into this. Anyone else named?
Twitter for Sean is @westhamfootball and Nigel is @mywhufc

Sean claiming that is can't reveal the other attendees. Anyone any ideas who the AST attending?

danm79

Post by danm79 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:59 am

Doc H Ball wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:52 am

Looking forward to speaking to Whetstone face to face and asking him where he gets his tickets from.
He is always hanging around block 113.

Sean also claims that all unsuccessful OSB applicants are invited to the meeting this week, is there anyone on who tried but was unsuccessful that can confirm the invite?

Someone needs to contact someone at the club as how they can have a meeting about ticketing including away matches with an AST holder and high PP holder on the OSB is shocking but not surprising.

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:08 am

E mail for Whetstone -

mrwesthamfootball@gmail.com

Can’t reveal who’s on the committee? :lol:

I will put together a contact list and summary of those known to be involved so that those most affected by this can voice their opinion directly to them.

Where and when is this meeting of the self important?
Last edited by Doc H Ball on Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

aaronhammer

Post by aaronhammer » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:10 am

Phil S wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:40 am
If you go on the official site I believe they have contact details for the OSB members
https://www.whufc.com/fans/osb/profiles

The link for the survey is here https://seanyw.survey.fm/west-ham-ticketing-survey
I'd suggest everyone on here does the survey.

Sean Whetstone is running it
Very worrying that these OSB puppets are running this, it will be heavily biased as it's run from that site and not sent to the wider audience like Hammers chat, here and WHO. Considering Whetstone seems to have got tickets for Spurs and Brighton yet only has 5 points...

The smell gets worse
Thanks Phil, completed the survey, would be good for it to be sent to as many fans as possible, even though the questions are very vague.

brooking_1980

Post by brooking_1980 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:22 am

I have been in communication with West Ham & Premier League, asking about the Away Ticket allocation process at West Ham. When I was not happy with Jake West Ham answer, I escalated it to the OSB. This resulted in Sean Whetstone writing directly to me (probably as I had asked how did Sean manage to get to West Ham Away matches when he has no chance of going, not being an AST or enough PP). His response is broadly as follows, it addresses some issues under discussion. (This email was sent to me before Bournemouth away)

"Sean has been to two away games this season, Brighton and Villa both obtained in the ballot.

Last season Sean went spurs and Chelsea both as guests of separate companies in corporate hospitality unrelated to West Ham or his role in the OSB. Sean never went to Bournemouth or Wimbledon away games as claimed or any other away game last season despite phantom claims he did.

One of Sean many email addresses was on the data breach email list for Wimbledon as the away season holder in question uses Sean generic email. Nothing sinister here either."

Sean then told me how he understands Away Season Ticket allocations work, which he's published it in the past on C&H.

1. Bond holders get first priority and there are over 808 of them but typically they buy up to 300 tickets for the big games. Sean says he is aware the club think there is some abuse in this catergory.
2. After that around 90 tickets are allocated to players and their families plus staff of West Ham United. The players are entitled to access to tickets for their friends and families under Premier League rules
3. Up to 10% of the allocation can be awarded to registered disabled supporters although demand for this category is often much less.
4. Then comes up to 200 tickets for Club London corporate members for the big games which a benefit promised to them in their 📦 .
5. 10% is reserved for a later general ballot although for games with small allocations Like Bournemouth or Oxford there is no ballot.
6. What ever is left is sold to season ticket holders with the highest priority points.

danm79

Post by danm79 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:38 pm

brooking_1980 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:22 am

1. Bond holders get first priority and there are over 808 of them but typically they buy up to 300 tickets for the big games. Sean says he is aware the club think there is some abuse in this catergory.
4. Then comes up to 200 tickets for Club London corporate members for the big games which a benefit promised to them in their 📦 .
5. 10% is reserved for a later general ballot although for games with small allocations Like Bournemouth or Oxford there is no ballot.
This nicely explains why there is an issue, between 20 and 40% of tickets go to the above depending on allocation

Interesting that bondholder abused is mentioned, when a family friend worked in the ticket office he said it was around 50-80 bondholders who brought tickets for away matches.

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:05 pm

brooking_1980 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:22 am

One of Sean many email addresses was on the data breach email list for Wimbledon as the away season holder in question uses Sean generic email. Nothing sinister here either."
One of the select few invited to this OSB meeting has an away season ticket. I do hope it is not this individual being referred to.

I also question why an away season ticket holder would have such a generic email address. I can't think of a single credible reason why?

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:11 pm

Nothing sinister :thdn: :lol:

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:39 pm

I believe that the bondholders distribution is a large part of the problem.I have no problem with them getting priority as that was the deal.-But no-one can prove or disprove the club's figures on Bondholder takeup.The real take up could be for example 70 and the club say 300.How can this be challenged?

r99c

Post by r99c » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:55 pm

Just seen this on Facebook