Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 335 likes
Total likes: 706 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Was talking about ex-Man Utd managers in work this morning and I happened to mention Ron Atkinson, to which, the Spanish bloke who sits near me chirped up and said "really? He managed Man Utd??? " totally shocked. I said, "yeah, and he managed Villa, Sheffield Wednesday and West Brom too". He didn't believe me, said I was making it up. I looked at him a bit funny thinking he doesn't really know about English football that far back so what's he talking about? Then he pipes up "Wow! I don't know the man who played Mr Bean was also a football manager too". :lol:
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

:lol:
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Samba »

S-H wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:30 am Their 'fans' are hilarious. The entitlement from some of them is absurd.
I wonder which team their glory-hunters will be supporting soon, if not already. They won't be able to handle mid-table obscurity.
Liverpool, probably.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4922 likes

Post by -DL- »

One of our busses run away earlier. How odd as we were talking about it here.

Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Ha ... just up the road from me! Surprised I didn't smell it!
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

Ruddy Nora, you really are local to me :lol:
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Well, sunny Maidstone if you can call that local
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

A chap on twitter getting absolutely rinsed by saying he won't be able to afford to get photo ID to vote if it's brought in. At the bottom of the tweet it says 'Twitter for iPhone' - followed by someone else screen-shotting another Tweet of his saying he's going to sit down and chill with a joint.

People really don't think before they press that 'send tweet' thingy do they? :lol:
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Getting moaned at by the IT Director in my work place after my internet bill on my phone whilst in Hong Kong last week was quite high.

What he doesn't know (or maybe he does) is that I was on YouTube exclusively watching TJ Hooker clips.

And I'm not sorry either
S-H

Post by S-H »

White Goodman wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:04 pm Getting moaned at by the IT Director in my work place after my internet bill on my phone whilst in Hong Kong last week was quite high.

What he doesn't know (or maybe he does) is that I was on YouTube exclusively watching TJ Hooker clips.

And I'm not sorry either
:lol:
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

White Goodman wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:04 pm Getting moaned at by the IT Director in my work place after my internet bill on my phone whilst in Hong Kong last week was quite high.

What he doesn't know (or maybe he does) is that I was on YouTube exclusively watching TJ Hooker clips and smashing myself silly over Heather Locklear.

And I'm not sorry either
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

A surprise 50th birthday party organised for me on Saturday by my missus. She'd had been planning it since January and managed to get a load of mates (the furthest travelled was a mate who came all the way from Germany), people from work, family and people I hadn't seen in ages (in some cases years) down to Kent and totally scare the **** out of me. I ended up playing half a set with the AC/DC tribute band and got totally and utterly mullered afterwards. It was a great night and I got loads of messages the next day from people saying what a great night it was and how hungover they were. I have got an absolute mountain of beer to get through as that''s what most people got me ... oh and the missus also got a me a flight in a Spitfire
For once, this grumpy old git wasn't a bit grumpy at all !! :scarfer:
S-H

Post by S-H »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:36 am A surprise 50th birthday party organised for me on Saturday by my missus. She'd had been planning it since January and managed to get a load of mates (the furthest travelled was a mate who came all the way from Germany), people from work, family and people I hadn't seen in ages (in some cases years) down to Kent and totally scare the **** out of me. I ended up playing half a set with the AC/DC tribute band and got totally and utterly mullered afterwards. It was a great night and I got loads of messages the next day from people saying what a great night it was and how hungover they were. I have got an absolute mountain of beer to get through as that''s what most people got me ... oh and the missus also got a me a flight in a Spitfire
Quality, mate.

Happy ****ing birthday.

:thup:
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1293 likes

Post by davids cross »

Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 494 likes
Total likes: 1972 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:36 am A surprise 50th birthday party organised for me on Saturday by my missus. She'd had been planning it since January and managed to get a load of mates (the furthest travelled was a mate who came all the way from Germany), people from work, family and people I hadn't seen in ages (in some cases years) down to Kent and totally scare the **** out of me. I ended up playing half a set with the AC/DC tribute band and got totally and utterly mullered afterwards. It was a great night and I got loads of messages the next day from people saying what a great night it was and how hungover they were. I have got an absolute mountain of beer to get through as that''s what most people got me ... oh and the missus also got a me a flight in a Spitfire
Nice one mate.

Tell Mrs GCRO that my invite must have got lost in the post.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2490 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Only 50, you look much older you old bugger :lol:

Sounds great mate, glad you had a good one. For my fiftieth all I had was West Ham's traditional defeat at Anfield and getting wrecked in Liverpool.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Monkeybubbles wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:04 pm Nice one mate.

Tell Mrs GCRO that my invite must have got lost in the post.
Honestly, I had no idea it was happening ! :lol:
Hampshire Hammer wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:11 pm Only 50, you look much older you old bugger :lol:

Sounds great mate, glad you had a good one. For my fiftieth all I had was West Ham's traditional defeat at Anfield and getting wrecked in Liverpool.
I feel much older too !!!
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Samba »

:)
Wouldn't work at every funeral but it definitely did at this one.