Burnley 3-0 West Ham Utd (09/11/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Re: ⚽ Burnley FC v West Ham United: Match thread (09/11)

Post by hammerman11 »

noble is not useless but he cant start games for us, or shouldn't do if we had an alternative.
fredericks is miles better than an old zabaleta now
masuaka offers more going forward and defensively cresswell was awful last week.

the bottom line is that CM and LB areas are a mess and we are getting stuffed as a result. add in little motivation or effort from the team and you can see why we are all worried.

I just wish pelle would change things a bit , go 352 have a plan B as A isn't working at the moment.

we have some hard games coming up now after an easy start. will the real west ham stand up or will we fade and die ?
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

To say the team doesn't put effort in is a lazy criticism.

There's definitely something off with team selection and our attacking play but it doesn't stem from a lack of effort. Confidence maybe?

We're simply not creating enough, and we struggle against set pieces. We can blame Roberto all we want, but he was left against two free headers, and a freekick where Rice jumped out of the wall. He shouldve saved it yes, but had the wall done its job it wouldn't have come to that.

Rice and Noble our out of form, Zabaleta isn't fast enough for the fullback position, Anderson's confidence is shot, Yarmolenko is the first to get subbed off despite being our biggest goal threat, Haller isn't getting much service and has no one near him to play off.

They're all tactical problems, not effort based.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

you really think they tried hard against everton sheff utd and Newcastle games ? where is the running hard back into position. we are a team of joggers who let runners go constantly.

we are constantly outfought by teams who want it more. I agree confidence is shot but surely if that is the case you try harder !

the team reflects the manager - not interested and here for the money. no one wants to join us they just take the money ! their performances reflect this
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:34 am the team reflects the manager
I actually agree with this.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

I just wish we had a passionate manger on the touchline barking orders showing he cares rather than the comatosed OAP who is resting in one of the seats on the bench.

they wont sack him unless it gets really bad and I don't want that for the club but something is so wrong at west ham. I feel we have too many players who we have persuaded to join us by offering big money. They dont really want to play for us but we offer double what they are worth so they think why not !

I would like to see more british and young players in the team . players who want it at west ham.

haller anderson lanzini etc have their 100k plus and dont seem bothered.
Patito

Post by Patito »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:34 am where is the running hard back into position.
Well, off the top of my head, I can think of 2 examples of Felipe Anderson sprinting the length of the pitch to chase Allan Saint-Maximin.

Lazy analysis mate.
Patito

Post by Patito »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:43 am I just wish we had a passionate manger on the touchline barking orders showing he cares rather than the comatosed OAP who is resting in one of the seats on the bench.
Shouting and screaming doesn't make you a better manager. Perhaps you'd prefer Neil Warnock?
hammerman11 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:43 am haller anderson lanzini etc have their 100k plus and dont seem bothered.
More lazy analysis.
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:03 am
I just wish pelle would change things a bit , go 352 have a plan B as A isn't working at the moment.

And that ladies and gentlemen is it in a nut shell, you can blame this player you can blame that player now the recruiting chap is getting it. Its like when some sides get promotion they seem to do well until their worked out and WHU are now worked out and targeted like Bruce did Saturday.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

I think even Warnock would get us more organised and motivated than Audrey Roberts !

you call it lazy analysis but are you really telling me that our lot are 100% putting a shift in. I said Anderson gets back and lasts the games well but pelle has been taking him off.
other than Anderson who is hot and cold who else runs back and tackles. I don't see haller yarmolenko doing it consistently.
Snodgrass puts the effort in but is limited and would probably not start in the midfield for teams like wolves Bournemouth brighton everton palace let alone top 6.
noble is too slow now but is being played out of position by pellegrini . he is further forward than lanzini.
lanzini has had a dip in form and I hope it comes back soon.

we have too many lazy unfit unmotivated players for my liking. you need to put the effort in as skill alone will not succeed. That is why man city are so good . yes they have great players every position but they all put the effort in. david silva puts more effort in than all our midfield.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:58 am I think even Warnock would get us more organised and motivated than Audrey Roberts !
Time for bed now.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 2025 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

thejackhammer wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:19 am There's definitely something off with team selection and our attacking play but it doesn't stem from a lack of effort. Confidence maybe?

Rice and Noble our out of form, Zabaleta isn't fast enough for the fullback position, Anderson's confidence is shot, Yarmolenko is the first to get subbed off despite being our biggest goal threat, Haller isn't getting much service and has no one near him to play off.

They're all tactical problems, not effort based.
I would agree, especially with the middle part. Rice seems out of form now Noble is. Mainly because of the responsibility Rice has (holding on his own) which isn't only too much, but also stops him being able to go forward and influence any attack we build. Rice needs someone sitting with him.

We need a confidence booster from somewhere. A win where Anderson is on form and a clean sheet for the defence/goalkeeper. At the moment confidence everywhere is at a massive low, probably because after Man Utd we sat in the top 5 on a massive high.

Another stubborn selection/approach from Pellegrini and a bad result at Burnley and I would really fear the Tottenham game.
Patito

Post by Patito »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:58 am I think even Warnock would get us more organised and motivated than Audrey Roberts !
Ah, resulting to insults because he doesn't like his tactics.
hammerman11 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:58 am you call it lazy analysis but are you really telling me that our lot are 100% putting a shift in.
You asked for an example of one of our players sprinting back and I gave you two. :thup:
hammerman11 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:58 am Snodgrass puts the effort in but is limited and would probably not start in the midfield for teams like wolves Bournemouth brighton everton palace let alone top 6.
noble is too slow now but is being played out of position by pellegrini . he is further forward than lanzini.
lanzini has had a dip in form and I hope it comes back soon.
This is better analysis than they're just "lazy and unfit".
hammerman11 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:58 am we have too many lazy unfit unmotivated players for my liking.
Ah.
hammerman11 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:58 am we have too many lazy unfit unmotivated players for my liking. you need to put the effort in as skill alone will not succeed. That is why man city are so good .
No. Man City are so good because they've spent a small nation's budget on their squad as well as employing a top manager.
hammerman11 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:58 am david silva puts more effort in than all our midfield.
Does he though? Does he actually? And how would you even begin to measure that?
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Tough game but we absolutely have to go up there prepared for a battle with a little bit of class and pace in areas too. I would setup like this:

Roberto
Fredericks Diop Ogbonna Masuaku
Noble Rice Snodgrass
Anderson Haller Lanzini

Makes total sense to me to restore the 2 centre backs who have played well together for most of the season and bring in the pacey fullbacks because Zaba is shot and Arthur offers more going forwards than Cresswell. Strong, hard working centre midfield, frankly its the best we have at the moment. Time to try Lanzini back in his favoured left sided position.

Burnley 1 -1 West Ham (Haller with the goal)
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1414 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Patito wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:47 am Well, off the top of my head, I can think of 2 examples of Felipe Anderson sprinting the length of the pitch to chase Allan Saint-Maximin.

Lazy analysis mate.
Yep, there's often a number of times per game where Anderson is tracking back and getting closest to the man on the ball. It was referenced on one of the podcasts I listen to this week, it's so notable.

That in itself harms us, because the player we're expecting to be at one end of the pitch creating is spending a significant proportion of time tracking back and in his own defensive third. Yarmolenko often does the same on the other side.
Macca1973
Has liked: 1841 likes
Total likes: 1156 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

Fully expect us to lose again as Roberto is in goal. If either of Zabaleta and Cresswell start it could be embarrassing. We are so lacking in pace in the middle of the pitch and in the full back areas we're actually easy to play against.

Can see us going in to the international break just above the bottom three with Spurs to come straight after. Pellegrini will be gone if we lose both in my opinion (and we will lose both)!
jastons
Has liked: 896 likes
Total likes: 854 likes

Post by jastons »

Roberto

Fred Diop Oggy Arthur

Yarmo Snoddy Rice Anderson

Ajeti Haller
mike1961
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by mike1961 »

Knighter10WHU wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:53 am
Roberto
Fredericks Diop Ogbonna Masuaku
Noble Rice Snodgrass
Anderson Haller Lanzini
This, absolutely! Anderson and Lanzini to play closer to Haller so they can exchange passes inside/ near the box.
westhamlinnet
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by westhamlinnet »

Very difficult to get a win with roberto in goal especially as Burnley will pepper him with high balls and are good from corners etc. How an earth would any manager think he is a premiership keeper. Hopefully a 2 2 draw.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1414 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

westhamlinnet wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:42 am How an earth would any manager think he is a premiership keeper. Hopefully a 2 2 draw.
Here's a 10 minute answer.

Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

Paddy O'Hammer wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:44 am Can I just say.....that I know exactly how this match is going to go!
:lol: