The January Transfer Window 2020

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Patito

Re: January

Post by Patito »

the pink palermo wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:54 am Not even if Leeds are out of the play off places come January ? Could the player angle for a move if a PL club came sniffing, say Leicester City ?
I can't say for sure PP but he's desperate to stay there for the forseeable.

The club were pretty keen on selling him in the summer to raise funds and had a decent bid from Villa (well over £20mil). Leeds offered him a pretty derisory new contract offer in August which he rejected and yet he still wanted to stick with them, and still is.

He's very family oriented, loves the club and city and is desperate to stay and help them fight for promotion. Would that change in the summer if they didn't go up? IMHO no but obviously I can't say for sure.

Just my tuppence based on what the bloke's cousin tells me.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Pat :thup:

Good background stuff
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

I see today that, as well as the Hinteregger rumour, we're being linked with Diego Llorente. 26 year old CB playing for Real Sociedad, reported £45m release clause.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

YorksHammer wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:19 pm I see today that, as well as the Hinteregger rumour, we're being linked with Diego Llorente. 26 year old CB playing for Real Sociedad, reported £45m release clause.
they could read this site and fall over laughing at that proposal !!!!!!!!

:D

honestly - lazy journalism it's worst.....did they read * & * and see we're hemorrhaging money ???????????

:P
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50328589

Newcastle and West Ham are both interested in signing Genk striker Mbwana Samatta.

The 26-year-old, who scored against Liverpool in his side's 2-1 Champions League defeat on Tuesday, has a release clause in his contract reported to be about £10m.

Samatta was the top scorer in the Belgian league last season with 25 goals as Genk were crowned champions.

The Tanzanian has six goals from 13 league games this campaign.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:51 am we have missed out on a lot of good players that were nearer to home the likes of billing at Bournemouth, dedonker at wolves, Maddison at Leicester were all available for much less than the 24m we paid for fornals.
we could have taken tammy Abraham for 30m rather than 45m haller.
reece james at chelsea was rummoured to be available for 10m. look at him now.

instead we end up with ajeti for 8m admitedly not given much of a chance but he hasnt looked good when he has got on the pitch, haller who looks like he wants to leave asap as we have isolated him. two awful GK for peanuts.
yarmolenko has one leg and injury prone before we bought him.
wilshere injury prone before we gave him 100k a week
sanchez 34 and useless but 60k a week
zabaleta another year too many at 60k a week
cresswell 29 5 year deal for a declining player
lanzini 100k and looks terrible since he signed the new contract
noble has another 3-4 years on his mega deal, he shouldnt be starting now let alone in 2 years time !

lets hope cullen diagana and coventry can add some desire and youthfulness to the squad and team.
It would be unfair to judge the lad based purely upon the one and only time I have seen him play, which was that brief cameo in our League Cup win at Newport earlier in the season, but what I do remember of him was that slip on the edge of his penalty area, when under no pressure which let a Newport player take a crack at our goal and which forced Roberto into a flying save
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

isn't it Coventry that they cannot agree terms with ? and are going to let him go ? contract expires in the summer ?

or is that someone else ?
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

You're right, Cuenca - it was a footnote on that Guardian article on Husillos' future that I posted in the Pellegrini thread.
Uncertainty over Conor Coventry’s future poses another problem for West Ham. The 19-year-old midfielder’s contract runs out at the end of the season and he is unhappy with the terms on offer. The Republic of Ireland Under-21 international is attracting interest from several clubs and could leave in January.
hammerman11 wrote:yarmolenko has one leg
More fake news from you - he's definitely got two.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

the hammerbot is certainly generating money the past two days, isn't he ?

:lol:
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

Someone saw live yesterday the whole CL game of AAK Genk Mbwana Samatta´s against the (Liver)Pool???

Cause some media hyped him saying he was running and "terrifyng" their whole defense...

Actually, I have never heard of the player and he has good numbers in the belgian League, but thats it... not more than that.
Last edited by Universidad-de-Chile on Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BostonHammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by BostonHammer »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:58 am I notice that jovic was on the bench again last night for real madrid . despite them winning 6-0 he stayed on the bench. I wonder if we were to offer a reunion with haller he would come for a loan until end of season at least ? would mean pelle playing 2 up top though !
You'd need a box to box dynamic midfielder for that...and we know well that's not happening.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:36 pm the hammerbot is certainly generating money the past two days, isn't he ?

:lol:
It's in Hammerbot11s programming that it posts more when site traffic is high.

Traffic is at its highest during transfer season and when we're in bad form I'd guess.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

It's easy fishing for hammerman, especially with all the bites he gets.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

Haha... please just let him (Hammerman11) alone.

Hes not necesarelly my friend or has to be and was oft having other views than me on many signs, but he does not insult or bother me, and latelly.. hey...

I come here not to make friends or to get recognition, rather than to SUPPORT the team and try to help, or (not)???

Cheers :crest:
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

the same tripe will be rolled out about no value in January , if we are lucky we will get some loan signings and thats about it folks!
i also suspect we will hear 'we didnt back him because we didnt trust him to spend the money'
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

Exactly right TD, Sully will be going through his “sully will conquer the world” playbook as we speak,

- start to discredit the manager

- make out we’re skint by saying we made a loss

- remind everyone how much money I spent last season

- Tell people we’re losing trust but his job is safe

- if I’m not the DOF blame and sack the one who is

Rinse and repeat....

****er
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:51 am we have missed out on a lot of good players that were nearer to home the likes of billing at Bournemouth, dedonker at wolves, Maddison at Leicester were all available for much less than the 24m we paid for fornals.
we could have taken tammy Abraham for 30m rather than 45m haller.
reece james at chelsea was rummoured to be available for 10m. look at him now.

instead we end up with ajeti for 8m admitedly not given much of a chance but he hasnt looked good when he has got on the pitch, haller who looks like he wants to leave asap as we have isolated him. two awful GK for peanuts.
yarmolenko has one leg and injury prone before we bought him.
wilshere injury prone before we gave him 100k a week
sanchez 34 and useless but 60k a week
zabaleta another year too many at 60k a week
cresswell 29 5 year deal for a declining player
lanzini 100k and looks terrible since he signed the new contract
noble has another 3-4 years on his mega deal, he shouldnt be starting now let alone in 2 years time !

lets hope cullen diagana and coventry can add some desire and youthfulness to the squad and team.

sorry but how is yarmolenko injury prone?

from 2009/10 - 2017/18 he has a minimum of 34 appearances a season...

infact looking at his injury history he has suffered 4 injuries his entire career

concussion in 2013/14
a knock in 15/16
foot injury 17/18

then his freak injury with us

hardly injury prone
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Tristan Shout wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:46 pm £40m+ on a big, tall, hard, box to box, strong, no nonsense central midfield enforcer

…. and there are ****ing hundreds of budding Patrick Vieira's and Marc Vivien Foe's playing in the French League
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

Universidad-de-Chile wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:51 pm Someone saw live yesterday the whole CL game of AAK Genk Mbwana Samatta´s against the (Liver)Pool???

Cause some media hyped him saying he was running and "terrifyng" their whole defense...

Actually, I have never heard of the player and he has good numbers in the belgian League, but thats it... not more than that.
Didn’t see the game this week but he looked good in the first group match against Liverpool and had an excellent headed goal wrongly ruled out.

Same build and running style as Enner Valencia though, they also have a good Japanese player, not sure he’d dislodge Lanzini or Fornals but certainly looks decent for them.
djbubbles
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 113 likes

Post by djbubbles »

Id give Michael O Neill from Northern Ireland a go if we replace Pellegrini. Wrong timing, as Stoke are on his tail right now