Burnley 3-0 West Ham Utd (09/11/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Re: ⚽ Burnley FC v West Ham United: Match thread (09/11)

Post by Up the Junction »

May I just point out that we are (obviously) aware of the constant interruptions to service.

We have been promised by our new server hosts, time and time again, that these issues would be ironed out. They haven't been. This week is the final straw so we shall be examining alternative options as a result.

My apologies for the inconvenience, but believe me - nobody is more frustrated by this that I am.

Can I ask that people refrain from posting error messages on the match thread. We knew there is a problem and all you are doing is preventing those who wish to comment on the game from being able to do so. Thank you.
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

We are awful. Balbuena and Diop have been bullied and outclassed by Wood and Barnes. Fornals has been anonymous. Snodgrass isn’t a central midfielder, and Rice has been absolutely awful for the 5th match in a row. He has not successfully passed forward once and has been nowhere near the second ball, Cork, Hendricks and Westwood have all just walked away from him , beaten him to the second ball and gone past him with ease more times than not.
tugboatpete69
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by tugboatpete69 »

What is wrong with this site???? TAKEN ME 20+MINUTES TO GET PASSED INTERNAL ERROR

CAN WE SUB THE CLOWN IN GOAL PLEASE

YET AGAIN A CALL FOR 2 UPFRONT

MANAGER GOT TO GO
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

We are awful. Balbuena and Diop have been bullied and outclassed by Wood and Barnes. Fornals has been anonymous. Snodgrass isn’t a central midfielder, and Rice has been absolutely awful for the 5th match in a row. He has not successfully passed forward once and has been nowhere near the second ball, Cork, Hendricks and Westwood have all just walked away from him , beaten him to the second ball and gone past him with ease more times than not.
traxop

Post by traxop »

I'm sorry to say, but this lack of fluidity starts with Roberto and Rice, Roberto with his poor distribution and Rice with his repeated unwillingness to move the ball through the middle. FFS Rice, stop shoveling the ball to the flanks when they are under pressure.

The one time Rice was in position to receive the ball through the middle, Diop found him and Rice was in the position to move the ball on after he rode the attempted challenge. We need more of that, Rice needs to be braver and show for the ball more. He needs to be more than an extra CB especially when we are not in control of the game.

Also, Snodgrass is taking too many liberties with his starting position, he needs to start closer to Rice so there's some sort of linkage between the back and our central midfielders. If Snodgrass is up that high up the pitch, then I would rather have Wilshere or Lanzini in that same role.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Huge error from Pellegrini in making Ogbonna and Fred the scapegoats for Everton.

His liking for the spanish speaking lads - Roberto, Zabaleta, Balbuena, Fornals - is hard to fathom.
Irrons
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Irrons »

I'm watching the second half for my own amusement, no point in getting riled up, these players don't give a toss and Pellegrini really looks clueless now. Bring on the relegation battle
Last edited by Irrons on Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

edit: just seen UtJ's post :thup:
Last edited by Johnny Byrne's Boots on Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

Gone as I predicted a few days ago things are not going to improve anytime soon either! Can someone sort this site out it’s barely usable on match days.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Ozza wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:58 pm Lol no he didn’t we were shocking under Bil for a lot longer than this
A great season, an average season and then sacked early November with a poor start. We're going to take 2 points from a run of fixtures against average teams and are out of the Carabao Cup to a side from League One. Easily as bad, probably worse, than anything I saw under Bilic. These are some of thw worst performances I've seen us produce in years.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

You've all heard of Custer's Last stand. Well. this is Pellegrini's Last stand. Out on Monday morning, I reckon
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

You've all heard of Custer's Last stand. Well. this is Pellegrini's Last stand. Out on Monday morning, I reckon
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Junco Partner
Location: Paquetta, he's played it through...and Bowen's in...ITS UP FOR GRABS NOW!"
Has liked: 553 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Junco Partner »

2-3 win. Haller hat-trick.

Come on West Ham!!

Yes, I've been drinking, what of it?
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by neathiron »

Get prepared for the Championship ladies and gents because that is where we're heading. ****ing shambles. I predict we'll be bottom by Christmas.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

bubbles1966 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:01 pm Huge error from Pellegrini in making Ogbonna and Fred the scapegoats for Everton.

His liking for the spanish speaking lads - Roberto, Zabaleta, Balbuena, Fornals - is hard to fathom.
Not really - he is a Spanish speaker himself! Probably has a better relationship with them.
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

In the first half:

0 shots.
0 on target.
0 off target.

We look like a team who’re just in the league to make the numbers up.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:06 pm You've all heard of Custer's Last stand. Well. this is Pellegrini's Last stand. Out on Monday morning, I reckon

No chance. Our owners do not pay compensation.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:06 pm A great season, an average season and then sacked early November with a poor start. We're going to take 2 points from a run of fixtures against average teams and are out of the Carabao Cup to a side from League One. Easily as bad, probably worse, than anything I saw under Bilic. These are some of thw worst performances I've seen us produce in years.
You always knew Bilic cared about the job, even if he had lost the plot at the end.