Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

The worst performance of the lot, and given how bad we have been it takes some doing. We are heading towards the bottom 3 for sure. How long can he seriously keep his job for?
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Was talking to a mate at work the other day and he said his mate's boy is a superb golfer, almost a pro and at the club he plays at, Pellegrini is there almost every day for four hours playing golf. No I have no reason to doubt what this bloke says, but if it's true, why is he playing golf and not studying how we can exploit other clubs weaknesses. Burnley's form was pretty poor before today, they'd lost their last three games before today so were there for the taking. The way we played today I'd say that Pellegrini was playing golf every day rather than concentrating on the team.
essexguy

Post by essexguy »

16th in the league after 12 games.
Arguably the easiest starting run of fixtures of any team.

Completely unacceptable and now with our next 8 games I am really really worried.

I want MP gone. If he continues to manage this club we will get relegated.

Will he get sacked. Nope. The Dave’s will no way pay out the £10,000,000+ to sack him. Crazy he is on that amount of money.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

We played Oxford on September 25th. Six games later and there has been little to no sign of improvement. Pellegrini needs to turn things around pretty quick.
brothernero
Has liked: 700 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

16th in the table. 17th if Villa win tomorrow.

We all hate Sullivan as much as each other, but fact is this squad is far far better than 13 points and 16th place, especially with the fixtures that were handed to us to start the season.

16th!
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

I'm not one for knee jerking but this is really not good enough.

Something must be going on behind the scenes for the club to just plummet after the start we had.

No sign of any fight.

Cannot believe yet again, we are going through this ****.
Shy Ted
Has liked: 453 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Shy Ted »

:idea:

Lets swap MP for spuds MP.
brothernero
Has liked: 700 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Cheered myself up by having a sneaky look at *&*. :lol:
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

BondsoBob wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:31 am OK Things are not right at the moment. We're all pretty much agreed on that. But I really can't believe that some people are looking back on the Alladyce/Moyes eras as some kind of golden periods in the history of West Ham United.
BFS fulfilled his mandate, getting us up, by the skin of his teeth. With some awful football, basically throwing the cups and alienating much of the support.
David Moyes fulfilled his mandate. Keeping us up. With some awful football, throwing the cups, and whilst he may not have totally alienated the support he was never ever going to be a fan's favourite.
My own view on Pellegrini now is that he is a good, manager, but maybe wrong club at the wrong time.
I have no idea who should be next for the hot spot.
All you need to be a fan favorite is to win football matches. The idea you need to play amazing football is flawed, as it is not something we are really known for, outside of legend.
Shy Ted
Has liked: 453 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Shy Ted »

:idea:

Lets swap MP for spuds MP.
According to Fighting Cock forum they want rid of Poch.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

brothernero wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:11 pm 16th in the table. 17th if Villa win tomorrow.

We all hate Sullivan as much as each other, but fact is this squad is far far better than 13 points and 16th place, especially with the fixtures that were handed to us to start the season.

16th!
I don't think the squad is that good anyway but it is certainly very unbalanced. The manager must take the blame for that. Dead man walking now.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

brothernero wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:18 pm Cheered myself up by having a sneaky look at *&*. :lol:
“After all the praise I poured on Pelligrini...”

What a turncoat!
HammerPDC
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 1084 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

Been the same story for my 20+ years of watching and as others have said on the match thread it’s genuinely quite boring these days

That said sacking the manager only sends us round in the same circle. This is a problem that runs far deeper and it’s on Sullivan and Gold if you think we go anything better than mid table with them your delusional

Out of interest to those wanting Pellegrini out, who should replace him? Don’t hit me with Bowyer etc that’s just embarrassing, im talking serious credible mangers who can come in and take us above say 9th in the table?
SpongeBob's Pants
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by SpongeBob's Pants »

Starting to really look clueless now...
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

HammerPDC wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:28 pm

That said sacking the manager only sends us round in the same circle. This is a problem that runs far deeper and it’s on Sullivan and Gold if you think we go anything better than mid table with them your delusional

I'd take mid-table right now to be honest.

Problem is, we're two places off the relegation zone with Christmas 6 weeks away.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

I support every manager we've had and I'll continue to support Pellers but he needs to to some serious work over the international break with this lot because there is nothing to cling on too at the moment, practically every player is playing below their level in every game.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

HammerPDC wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:28 pm Been the same story for my 20+ years of watching and as others have said on the match thread it’s genuinely quite boring these days

Out of interest to those wanting Pellegrini out, who should replace him? Don’t hit me with Bowyer etc that’s just embarrassing, im talking serious credible mangers who can come in and take us above say 9th in the table?
Rather than the constant short termism we should be looking to have a manager who can put a structure in place and build a side.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

1 point better off and 2 goals worse off on GD, and 3 places lower than this time last season. Only difference being, we were on the ascendancy this time last season. This season, we're dropping like a stone.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

He hasn't shown signs of changing his philosophy since he's been here.. why would he start now.

Dude wants out.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2364 likes

Post by Ozza »

HammerPDC wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:28 pm Been the same story for my 20+ years of watching and as others have said on the match thread it’s genuinely quite boring these days

agree bud, the constant groundhog day feeling with this club is horrific.

The only thing changing the manager does in my view is free up some transfer funds and give some fresh thought processes, that will disappear after a season to the dross and lack of investment we are used to