Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

I flew out for some summer sun in the Canaries today so a bit removed from the game thankfully (landed just as we conceded)
I have always been a very very pro Pelligrini person but he is losing me big time.
Dropping Ogbonna and Masuaku after Everton. Our absolute inability dto fix the same problems week after week. Spendinf money on fornals and thinking Noble and Rice is good enough to play CM in Premier League

We don't even do much attacking any more

I dont want him sacked but it wouldn't bother me if he did leave.

Plus his comments after this game were shocking. Commeting on the first goal not being a corner? That is Big Fat Sam level of clutching at straws
Last edited by Crouchend_Hammer on Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

If it's always been this way, why do we always expect more? Why do we believe a guy who said he'd deliver champions league in five years, that moving stadiums would take us to the next level?

We know what we are despite these crooks trying to pull the wool over our eyes, I hope we go down. Lets see if he is full of fake promises then.

Doesn't matter what division we are in with these fucktards in charge, if anything being a premier league team is worse because we are in the spot light, and there is no escaping that big ol premier league spotlight.

f*** Sullivan, f*** Gold, f*** Brady, f*** Pellers, f*** the players. None of them give a **** why should we.

Life goes on.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

S-H wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:46 pm If it's always been this way, why do we always expect more? Why do we believe a guy who said he'd deliver champions league in five years, that moving stadiums would take us to the next level?

We know what we are despite these crooks trying to pull the wool over our eyes, I hope we go down. Lets see if he is full of fake promises then.

Doesn't matter what division we are in with these fucktards in charge, if anything being a premier league team is worse because we are in the spot light, and there is no escaping that big ol premier league spotlight.

**** Sullivan, **** Gold, **** Brady, **** Pellers, **** the players. None of them give a **** why should we.

Life goes on.
Very true, but the issue is that people forget the real reason, or don't want to believe it, or just think that it's the managers fault.

The thing I always go back to is that something rotten at this club, to have the same issue happening all the time, and the only constant is the owners
Patito

Post by Patito »

Ozza wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:37 pm :lol: Im laughing at the suggestion of Rodgers, I got slated on here for wanting him both before and during he went to Celtic
He’s doing a great job at Leicester but he gets backed there. He wouldn’t have that backing here just constant undermining.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:36 pm We are effectively starting every game a goal down until Fabianski comes back. In addition our team seems incapable of creating chances.

Wouldn’t like to be in MP’s shoes.
I agree we pose no threat going forwards and look incapable of shutting up shop at the back...not a good combination.

I'm actually thinking Antonio is as big a miss as Fab regarding the attacking side of things. Haller's drop in form is almost directly linked the lack of Antonio being on the pitch to offer him the supporting runs and energy to feed off.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Yup which is why I always support the poor ****er who is in charge here. I wanted Rogers here ages ago for what it's worth
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Ozza wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:42 pm IB he's done well at every club he's been at, what you talking about? Especially in regard to player management, systems and the foundations of creating a good club.

Not that it matters in regard to us
That is not 100% accurate. He left Liverpool a shambles (which Klopp has done an amazing job cleaning up). Remember it was Kenny Dalglish who signed Suarez, and that was the guy who almost took them to the title. Arrogant Rodgers slagged off Spurs for splurging the Bale money, then he did exactly the same thing with the Suarez money. He even threw a CHampions League match against Real Madrid by playing his reserves, then lost the weekend game to Chelsea anyway. Liverpool fans were raging at that, and rightly so.

At Celtic he was good, but the players were getting burnt out under his methods. In addition the real challenge for Celtic is Europe, and here he was a failure. He also proved to be a snake (and not for the first time) by walking out on them mid-season.

He is looking good at LC, but it is still early days. Let’s see how it pans out.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Faithless wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:51 pm I agree we pose no threat going forwards and look incapable of shutting up shop at the back...not a good combination.

I'm actually thinking Antonio is as big a miss as Fab regarding the attacking side of things. Haller's drop in form is almost directly linked the lack of Antonio being on the pitch to offer him the supporting runs and energy to feed off.
Yeah - for all his faults, Antonio is a beast physically. He really gives defenders a different sort of problem to what we offer at the moment.

Funnily enough, I don’t think Lanzini is much of a miss!
SpongeBob's Pants
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by SpongeBob's Pants »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:40 pm At the moment the hype does not match reality though. He was poor in Europe for Celtic, while Strachan and Lennon were able to get past the group stages in the Champions League. Lennon is again doing better in Europe than Rodgers had.

He seems to be doing well at Leicester, but it is early days. He seems to have a short term galvanizing effect before things go belly up. How many would predict how hopeless MP would be after his reasonable start?
Well you're right that Rodgers disappointed in the CL with Celtic, but in terms of the Europa League, he has a higher points-per-game ration than Lennon. Let's not forget all the domestic titles and records he won. He did exceptionally well at Celtic.

He's transformed Leicester from where they were when he took over in Feb/March.

He's certainly a very good coach.

Edit: the points-per-game comparison with Lennon is based on his first spell in charge. I'm not sure his current spell as affected that.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Put Noble in charge while we look for a new manager,

I think Noble would be a superb boss to be honest, Even if we went down.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

SpongeBob's Pants wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:54 pm Well you're right that Rodgers disappointed in the CL with Celtic, but in terms of the Europa League, he has a higher points-per-game ration than Lennon. Let's not forget all the domestic titles and records he won. He did exceptionally well at Celtic.

He's transformed Leicester from where they were when he took over in Feb/March.

He's certainly a very good coach.
That’s hard to argue with, given Lennon tended to go straight to the knockout stages as he was dropping in from the Champions League!

Best Celtic manager by a long chalk was Gordon Strachan, but people don’t seem to like him as much as he is a spiky little fellow.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

If the scum are going to get rid, the perfect time is now - an international break and a couple of months to assess the squad before the Jan window opens.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:56 pm Put Noble in charge while we look for a new manager,

I think we would 100% go down to League 1 if we appointed somebody with absolutely no idea if they can hack it or not.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:56 pm Put Noble in charge while we look for a new manager,

Wtf
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

Pellegrini has left the squad so unbalanced.
Lack of CM energy, very limited striker options, poor backup keeper - and that’s just for starters.
I’d give him the next 3 games, if anything only because a new manager coming in now is going to struggle with selecting a capable side against those 3 teams.
The worst possible start to a new job.
Give a new manager a chance to assess the squad at beginning of December and some transfer funds in Jan.
SpongeBob's Pants
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by SpongeBob's Pants »

Patito wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:50 pm He’s doing a great job at Leicester but he gets backed there. He wouldn’t have that backing here just constant undermining.
We have the 8th highest gross and net spend in the PL over the last 5 years.

In that period, we have a higher net spend than Leicester.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

One silver lining, It's so much easier not to care anymore.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

S-H wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:00 pm One silver lining, It's so much easier not to care anymore.
Was there a while ago mate
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by neathiron »

essexguy wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:38 pm Pellegrini comments:

West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini:

"We have 15 days and we will try and recover. The international break has come at a good time.

It gives me plenty of time to try a few new golf courses out. Bought a new driver as well so that should add a good few yards off the tee for me!
Added a bit for you.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Ozza wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:58 pmWtf
Dalglish, Brooking, Lampard.....