Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

ohsnap
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by ohsnap »

dont know what to think, the whole season has been a **** show when you think about it, only good performance was against Norwhich really who arent exactly looking good either. Starting to think we need someone else but no idea who can sort out the dross we have in the team
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Its ****ing amazing isn't it? We are weaker than last season. Who'd have thought that top level football is a squad game.

Good job we have an experienced owner in charge, who knows you cant flog squad players without replacing them.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

S-H wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:20 pm Its ****ing amazing isn't it? We are weaker than last season. Who'd have thought that top level football is a squad game.

Good job we have an experienced owner in charge, who knows you cant flog squad players without replacing them.
I for one am FLABBERGASTED that selling Hernandez, Obiang, Arnautovic, Perez and Adrian hasn’t made us stronger
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

He has to go although I don’t think he will. I am not a fan
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Ozza »

S-H wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:20 pm Its ****ing amazing isn't it? We are weaker than last season. Who'd have thought that top level football is a squad game.

Clearly there was a plan to clear wages and therefore balance the books and clear the debt (ready for the sale at some point) there is no way the manager gives a f*** about that, all over to Sully.

Something in my view happened at that point, maybe money that was promised got pulled, but he surely didn’t get what he wanted?

Like the managers before him here, he’s no mug
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

simon1982 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:16 pm It’s not that good a squad. We are much weaker than last season.
And who’s fault is that!?
Irrons
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Irrons »

Seems to have lost the dressing room and can't see him turning it around. Has to go
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Sullys
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

He's been tucked up. Just like Jose was at Man Utd. You don't turn into a bad manager over night. Pellegrini couldn't care less, and its exactly what that **** Sullivan deserves, trouble is, as always, it's the fans that continue to suffer.
Irrons
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Irrons »

Get Bielsa in, he would be merciless to this squad of spineless cowards
miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

Manuel Pellegrini: "I am the famed Engineer. I will not fail."

West Ham: "Hold my beer."
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

S-H wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:27 pm He's been tucked up. Just like Jose was at Man Utd. You don't turn into a bad manager over night. Pellegrini couldn't care less, and its exactly what that **** Sullivan deserves, trouble is, as always, it's the fans that continue to suffer.
Yup
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Sullivan is to blame for a lot of things, and the sooner he's gone the better... there's no doubt about that.

That doesn't give the manager a free pass though. He's still responsible for team selection, for tactics, for team motivation, and for generally getting the best out of the players at his disposal. With regards to all that, questions quite rightly do need to be asked.
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

smuts wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:04 pm Bloke looks retired already. I bet he would love to get his pay off and bugger off back to China for a few years to feather his pension pot.
At his age he will finish up one of the if not the richest in the cemetery. Why does he put him self through it other than for the €€€€€€
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:28 pm Sullivan is to blame for a lot of things, and the sooner he's gone the better... there's no doubt about that.

That doesn't give the manager a free pass though. He's still responsible for team selection, for tactics, for team motivation, and for generally getting the best out of the players at his disposal. With regards to all that, questions quite rightly do need to be asked.
Absolutely...
HammerPDC
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 1084 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:33 pm Rather than the constant short termism we should be looking to have a manager who can put a structure in place and build a side.
It’s a great shout, I do really like Pellegrini I genuinely do think for everything he has achieved in the game he is a world class manager and whilst I don’t think we should consider moving on from him yet when we eventually do I think a younger manager with a philosophy is where we should be looking!

The natural choice in this country is Howe, what he has done with the resources available at Bournemouth has been unbelievable and to play an attacking brand of football at the same time is very hard to do in the modern premier league!

For now though I think Pellegrini will turn us around and pull us back to mid table he did it at the beginning of last season and for me he’ll do it again
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

What I can’t get over though Burnley is that this exact problem, the motivation, the work rate, the gaps, the passion, the tactical ability, has been levelled against every manager that have worked under this lot.

It doesn’t seem to matter who is in charge it always gets to this, why is that?
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

We're never going to go anywhere apart from down with GSB running the show. Managers just seem to start off okay then just end up slumped in the dug out as everything falls to pieces around them.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Tomos there’s no way this board thinks or works long term.

They think short term always in everything they do, the only way of creating a long term blueprint that allows the like of Howe to flourish is to have new owners
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

smuts wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:32 pm We're never going to go anywhere apart from down with GSB running the show. Managers just seem to start off okay then just end up slumped in the dug out as everything falls to pieces around them.
Good to see that someone else gets it