Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by Peaches »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:44 pm * & * the board say it's too expensive to sack him now but that in ten games time things may be reassessed.
They also say there isn’t an obvious candidate to replace Pellegrini: Clearly they know NOTHING about football, because Kovac, and Blanc are blatantly obvious to anyone whose football knowledge isn’t just the premier league
Mikloskosglovebag
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Mikloskosglovebag »

Lanzini and Arnie played their best attacking football under Moyes.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

bristolhammerfc wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:44 am Not for now but if we made a change I would like to see Sérgio Conceição
Why’s that? He just got schooled by Steven Gerrard’s rangers in the Europa League
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Kovac at least has been recently employed and Frankfurt weren't exactly PSG in terms of investment.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Peaches wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:53 pm They also say there isn’t an obvious candidate to replace Pellegrini: Clearly they know NOTHING about football, because Kovac, and Blanc are blatantly obvious to anyone whose football knowledge isn’t just the premier league
But if you were good enough to manager Bayern, why would you go to West Ham? He’ll be able to get a more high profile job.

Same with Blanc. He has managed France and PSG - he will be looking for better options
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:57 pm Sitting here watching the Villa / Wolves game, not only are Wolves playing some super stuff, I find myself asking, if we had Espirito Santo managing us, you would reasonably expect us to play like them, breaking from deep, fast sweeping passing movements through midfield, with players making runs into the opponents box. But would we ? Would we still play the same utter slow, turgid rubbish
If we had Nuno Espírito Santo managing us he would be in a whole different environment. Wolves is a basically a shop for Jorge Mendes to sell his players. They are able to get good players on the cheap because of it.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:54 pm Why’s that? He just got schooled by Steven Gerrard’s rangers in the Europa League
Pep's Man City lost to Wolves does that make him a bad Manager?

Plays a 3-1-4-2, has a good transfer record and plays decent football
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

bristolhammerfc wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:04 pm Pep's Man City lost to Wolves does that make him a bad Manager?

Plays a 3-1-4-2, has a good transfer record and plays decent football
Well perhaps Gerrard would be a better option. We’d also get the pick of the Liverpool reserves
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

bristolhammerfc wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:48 pm Moyes football was dire risk adverse football.

It's probably why he isn't working at the moment.

The front line at West Ham isn't the problem it's the defence
Personally I would say the defence us actually the least worrisome part of us at the moment (if oggy and masuaku play)

The midfield is the most concerning by a long way, followed by the extremely underperforming attack
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I think as history has shown, with Sullivan in charge it doesn't matter who the manager is.

Who ever get the job next and then after that and so on.. will always be destined to fail.

We are rotten to the core, and no matter who ends up here, they will become rotten after time.
"Where there is a rotten root, there will always be rotten fruit.
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

We are paying Pellegrini almost double what Blanc was getting at PSG and what Kovac was on at Bayern. Also, the potential at West Ham is far greater than that at Frankfurt or Bordeuax where Kovac and Blanc have managed. Also Blanc has been out of work for more than 3 years so if he had plenty of other options, surely he’d have been managing already, as far as I’m aware he’s turned down China and Russia because he doesn’t want to go to those countries, London is a bit different. He can even commute from Paris to Stratford in 90 minutes.
Mikloskosglovebag

Post by Mikloskosglovebag »

Blanc would be good if he brought a couple of up and coming French midfielders with him
peter49uk

Post by peter49uk »

bristolhammerfc wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:29 pm 14-1 to lose his job
I'm seeing between 3/1 and 5/1 bristol

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/en ... leave-post
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Peaches wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:11 pm We are paying Pellegrini almost double what Blanc was getting at PSG and what Kovac was on at Bayern. Also, the potential at West Ham is far greater than that at Frankfurt or Bordeuax where Kovac and Blanc have managed. Also Blanc has been out of work for more than 3 years so if he had plenty of other options, surely he’d have been managing already, as far as I’m aware he’s turned down China and Russia because he doesn’t want to go to those countries, London is a bit different. He can even commute from Paris to Stratford in 90 minutes.
Maybe Adi Hütter would be better. He has been doing better at Frankfurt than Kovac did since taking over, and was voted Bundesliga coach of the year. He is also far more experienced.
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

Take a punt on Arteta?

I'm still Pellers in, BTW. But young coach who knows the league and studied under one of the best managers around.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:44 pm Maybe Adi Hütter would be better. He has been doing better at Frankfurt than Kovac did since taking over, and was voted Bundesliga coach of the year. He is also far more experienced.
Then on 18 August 2018, Eintracht Frankfurt were knocked out in the first round of the German Cup by fourth division SSV Ulm

sign him up - would fit right in here !!!!!!!!!!

:D
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

As fans, I get the feeling some want to see pure/flair football, and as long as they are entertained by the style of play they don’t mind losing. Whereas others are more happy to see a hard working, no frills team, grind out a 1-0 win.
Pellegrini has tried the first option but the players he has at his disposal (including players he’s signed) are not good enough. The second option won’t work either with these players, too many physically inept players who also don’t work hard enough on the pitch.
Personally, I’d prefer we played in the second style, I want to see the team win at any cost.
If we won boring cup final 1-0 I’d be very happy.
No going back to previous managers though.
Benitez would be my choice, if available.
All about opinions eh ?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Rafa just moved to China for 10M a year.

why would he leave and come here - and why would we pay him 10M to work for us ?

I am not in the 10M worth it camp for him. he walked out on the Barcodes - says he couldn't work with no money although the Newcastle hierarchy said thy were going to give him loads. when he played Citeh any time I saw them play, he never went over the half way line unless it was absolutely necessary. talk about parking a bus
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

Anyone who comes to us will be paid over the odds unless they are;
  • unknown
  • desperate
  • untested
G&S most likely have a reputation amongst the managerial circles and the only way they have been able to attracts managers with any modicum of nous is by paying well over the top.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

That’s why I said if he is available !