Formula1

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Re: Formula1 2019

Post by White Goodman »

Neither Mansell or Hill had social media to contend with.

Mansell in particular, the boring , massively insecure **** would have been ruined by it such would have been his unpopularity on there.

Raikonnen's muteness combined with his love of a drink is clearly what actually wins him fans .

Hamilton has a benign personality and sadly for him talks a lot of ****.

Talks about the slums of Stevenage, clearly wants to come from the ghetto so he can talk about his rise out of it . People tend to find that **** boring .

Ok your dad wasn't rolling in money as a kid, neither was mine but you don't get me banging on about it all the time and properly deprived people , don't EVER become F1 drivers.

Clearly not a childhood of abject poverty , just not rolling in it and was on the McLaren Young Drivers Support programme by 13 years old.

It's not exactly a mid 90s Rwandan upbringing.

Add to this his numerous stupid comments , the latest being about climate change and the environment and it's easy to see why people don't warm to him.

I don't dislike him, he's just a bit of a bellend.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 811 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Hoping for a real Lewis v Verstappen battle today.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

****ing Williams and charity case Kubica

Verstappen absolutely awesome though, breezing past Hamilton
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

And then back the other way. Great stuff
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

White Goodman wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:54 pm And then back the other way. Great stuff
TV confusing me now 😃
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

Great effort Bottas, clear that your engine was about to go pop and you went past the pits and caused a safety car.

Cock
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

Verstappen has slapped Hamilton comfortably a couple of times in this race.

Hamilton needs to hope that Mercedes find him some more performance in the Winter. He'll not beat Verstappen in even vaguely equal cars.

And knocking Albon off , incredibly poor form .

Edit : he did at least apologise immediately though.
Bend it like Repka

White Goodman wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:47 pm Verstappen has slapped Hamilton comfortably a couple of times in this race.

Hamilton needs to hope that Mercedes find him some more performance in the Winter. He'll not beat Verstappen in even vaguely equal cars.
That's a very bold statement, and wrong.

Verstappen's second pass was on much fresher tyres for a start.

Most annoyingly when the safety car was called for Bottas, Hamilton was closing the gap on older tyres, was shaping up be a really interesting fight.

However most of all, Brazil was another nail in the legacy of Vettel. A multiple world champion who cannot race wheel to wheel.

Passed round the outside in turn one a number of times, yet pulled out of his attempt. Then he decides to move over on Leclerc in a carbon copy of his crash with Webber in Turkey in 2010 I think.

Ferrari need to ditch him, I can't believe he isn't considering retirement to be honest.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2011 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

White Goodman wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:20 pm Great effort Bottas, clear that your engine was about to go pop and you went past the pits and caused a safety car.

Cock
A safety car was Mercedes only real chance of winning the race. Bottas was only carrying out orders. :wink:
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by k-r-c »

was a strange race for Mercedes.

Hamilton following Leclerc through the middle part of the lap was what done it for him and allowed Verstappen back past - im surprised Hamilton didn't wait until the long straight so he could have got DRS - i'm sure if he could do that part again he would do that.

The second pass he just had no chance with the difference in tyres and don't know why Mercedes didn't pit too.

Their straight line speed was clearly down which was also shown by the inability to pass the toro rosso on the final lap.

The clash with Albon was a strage one for him as he's usually good at not making those mistakes but Albon left the door wide open and probably thought he could get up the inside and scare Albon out of it - and with the championship wrapped up he had nothing to lose.

Anyway was certainly a good race to catch up on as i couldn't watch it live.

As said above i think once again Vettel and Leclerc showing that next year is going to be fun for anyone but supporters in red as they battle with each other - its like the Rosberg Hamilton scenario coming again.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

Was a good spectacle and hope that Honda continue to make progress with the power unit that will allow Verstappen to challenge the Mercedes team consistently.

Will Ferrari stick with Vettel? They can't in all good conscience go into next season with him as their No 1 driver and he certainly wouldn't accept being No 2 .

So they either bite the bullet and put all their money on Leclerc backed by someone further down the grid or face another season of Vettel and Leclerc derailing one another.
wolf359
Has liked: 1587 likes
Total likes: 1735 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Suggestions via F1 twitter/reddit sphere (I know) that Ferrari and a partners engine and fuel system have been confiscated by FIA for inspection and testing. If it is true it is rather too late and should have been done weeks ago, however I cannot find anything in the mainstream press regarding this so.....

As for Vettel, he is done, cannot race wheel to wheel any more (if ever) How about Sainz as a replacement, reliable, experienced and would likely jump at the chance.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

Sainz is a potential world champion in the right car, so yes I'd agree.

I'd like to see him replace Bottas for next season.

That said I'd like to see that McLaren challenge again and they've made some decent strides this year
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4922 likes

Post by -DL- »

White Goodman wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:38 pm Sainz is a potential world champion in the right car, so yes I'd agree.

I'd like to see him replace Bottas for next season.

That said I'd like to see that McLaren challenge again and they've made some decent strides this year
There's actually a couple of youngsters coming through that in the right car could be champion. Once Lewis retires/becomes un-competitive, MV, along with Le Clerc, Sainz, Russell, Ocon, maybe Norris - I think they're all good enough to be right up there if they get in decent cars (Obviously MV and Le Clerk already are).
wolf359

Re: FormulaE 2019-20

Post by wolf359 »

Don't know if this is worth its on thread so I stuck it in here.

Did anyone else watch the FormulaE this weekend. Two races over a weekend. This will be the future and has come along way but it still feels very amateur, from the drivers not knowing the rules, the race director making a crazy decision (restarted the race after a safety car with people still on the track) and it all feeling a bit 'school' sports day.

However that all told, you cannot deny it is pretty exciting, over taking, dodgems and pretty much the whole field competitive.

It will develop and I'll be watching it this year, all races are on BBC website and iplayer. Though who ever thought getting that muppet Vernon Kay to present needs shooting.
Bend it like Repka

I've watched it since last season and found it pretty enjoyable.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

I watched the 2nd race. I thought it was quite good, like a mix of F1 & touring cars but around the old Detroit street circuit. Some lovely late breaking moves, mixed with some amateur hour shenanigans which made it all the more watchable IMO.

I dunno what channel I was on but the hour long highlights programme was refreshingly free of the Bolton Goon too :thup:
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

Will watch if nothing else on.

Can't get away from the fact that almost every driver is an F1 reject.

Is probably where Stroll and Grosjean belong, although they most likely aren't good enough
Bend it like Repka

Lando. :thup:

wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

The most dominant race of the year for Lewis, cruised home. Bottas 4th from last. Great battle in the midfield (which the F1 director decided not to show us the majority of) . LeClearc being investigated for illegal fuel reporting - a DQ would put the cherry on the top for a laughable season for the Italians.