West Ham Utd 2-3 Tottenham Hotspur (23/11/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Re: West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur: Match Thread 23/11/2019

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Highlights of the day.

The free WiFi.

The gobby steward in the BML who got kicked out by his boss for being, well, gobby.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

The Cocks are Crowing over there tonight.
They shouldn't get carried away though. We were sh*te & yet still nearly came back from 3-0 down.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 526 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Samba wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:30 pm The Cocks are Crowing over there tonight.
They shouldn't get carried away though. We were sh*te & yet still nearly came back from 3-0 down.
If that’s what Jose Mourinho is going to turn them into, I feel sorry for them. They were embarrassing.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

:lol:
Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:41 am Gazzanigga is a very good keeper tbf
Behave. He's piss poor.
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

Our reaction to conceding a goal right now is alarming. We look shot of any confidence and the players don't look like they have the belief.

We was solid enough until they scored. After that it was 3 goals in the space of 10mins? Honestly not good enough and we need to get out of this.

We no longer look a threat going forward. The players and manager need to dig deep. I'm worried Pell is quite stubborn in his philosophy and playing style.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1994 likes
Total likes: 1671 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Blow Bubbles wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:20 pm Not to say we were not **** today, but how on earth is Michael Oliver still allowed to referee in the premier league?

He’s an absolute joke. The only bigger **** out there today was Kane, and don’t get me started on that prick. If I gave a **** about international football, I’d be seriously pissed that he is captain of our country.
I think he's brilliant. Alan Shearer was a right niggly b*stard too. our lot are way too soft. we NEVER give their CBs a clout or a tough time. and yes, Oliver gave him way too much leeway. even on persistent infringement he should have gotten a yellow way before he did.
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

Samba wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:30 pm The Cocks are Crowing over there tonight.
The cocks maybe crowing but if I was them I would be very worried about how easily we came back.
They really are not very good, we are terrible at the moment.
ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:34 pm Oliver wasn't great by any stretch, but Fredericks got booked for an awful challenge on Son, which on review - he was a very lucky boy to stay on the field.......
That is bolox. Was a great tackle, hard and won the ball cleanly. Contact was on follow through but where is he meant to go. Wasn't serious given the way he sped away for their 2nd. If that was a yellow then football is finished.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

I assume Oliver is a Spurs fan? Piss taking ****.
ornchurch ammer

Wilko1304 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:32 pm I'm not gonna criticise Cresswell on the second goal, he got there before his faster man when turning towards his own goal. Unlucky to go in.

I will criticise him, Snodgrass and the manager for goal three.
I put the blame firmly on Diop for the 3rd. A fairly harmless cross that he thought that he had all day to deal with and let Kane get over his shoulder to nod it in.
Colours never run

ornchurch ammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:53 pm Was a great tackle, hard and won the ball cleanly. Contact was on follow through but where is he meant to go. Wasn't serious given the way he sped away for their 2nd. If that was a yellow then football is finished.
100%

We all thought the same too around me at the time in the bml.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 274 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

ornchurch ammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:53 pm That is bolox. Was a great tackle, hard and won the ball cleanly. Contact was on follow through but where is he meant to go. Wasn't serious given the way he sped away for their 2nd. If that was a yellow then football is finished.
Son was a disgrace. He went down and writhed around smashing his hand on the ground just to get Fredericks booked. He got up dragging his leg as if it was hanging off but, literally within seconds of the restart, he was sprinting full out. Utterly despicable given his supposed contrition after his awful challenge which left Gomes with that horrific injury.

He should never have even been on the pitch.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 258 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

ornchurch ammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:53 pm That is bolox. Was a great tackle, hard and won the ball cleanly. Contact was on follow through but where is he meant to go. Wasn't serious given the way he sped away for their 2nd. If that was a yellow then football is finished.
Exactly. People judging it on slow-mos which always look way worse.
ornchurch ammer

hammer1975 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:54 pm First goal is down to the formation, yet again.

There are two Tottenham players between our defence and midfield. Rice can’t cover that space when he’s almost constantly outnumbered there.
Totally agree. Ali was getting space there all game.
Too easy for teams to get "in between the lines" (love that phrase) against us. Need to play a defence and midfield without 1 in between.
ornchurch ammer

Kane is benefitting from Shearer Syndrome. As England captain you can do what you like without any action takem.

Remember when Shearer kicked Neil Lennon in the head and got away with ? Said he would withdraw from the World Cup if he was suspended.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

ornchurch ammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:13 pm Kane is benefitting from Shearer Syndrome. As England captain you can do what you like without any action takem.

Remember when Shearer kicked Neil Lennon in the head and got away with ? Said he would withdraw from the World Cup if he was suspended.

neil lennon probably deserved it
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

ornchurch ammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:13 pm Kane is benefitting from Shearer Syndrome. As England captain you can do what you like without any action takem.

Kane is just doing what all top class centre forwards have been doing since the dawn of time. Trying to bully and dominate centre halves
That is what centre forwards are supposed to do
You don't score 30 goals a season by pussy footing about

Also watch his movement...doesn't give the CBs a moments peace, drags them all over the place
When he goes at the end of the season, Spurs will be in a bit of bother
Last edited by Crouchend_Hammer on Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles »

It was a brilliant tackle from Fredericks, and I sit front row in the West Stand so had the ideal view.

Oliver didn’t even react until Son started playing the prick.

Same goes for the Diop card, he was in the perfect position and still fell for their ****.

And to let Kane get away with starting on Snodgrass... only to book BOTH cos he couldn’t just book Kane!
Captain Black
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Captain Black »

Can't deny the fact that we were poor in many areas etc etc and certainly don't want to seem like I am giving the abject performance any mitigation by this, but feel I must comment on the comical Michael Oliver.

Watched the two tackles, Diop and Fredericks a few times and how on earth were either of them yellow cards.....Diop's one was a foul on him by Kane, Fredericks got the ball, they both looked that way in real time from the BML and watching the footage of them only made it even clearer! Aurier going straight through the back of Snods......and on and on......completely bottled it, with Kane in his ear all the time moaning on and on, we miss Nolan for that.

My Spurs mate has it spot on when he text me.....you were poor and we weren't much better, another few mins and you would have got a third......
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

Tactics today were designed to stop Spurs strolling down the flanks and putting in the crosses that our goalie can't deal with.
Almost successful in this one respect. Had to give up space in the middle to compensate.

Few of points to ponder:
1. We see a team completely lacking confidence - affects all players but really noticeable in Anderson, and perhaps even Haller.
2. From my recollection after only one viewing, seemed like Fredericks and Rice gave the ball away easily - unforced errors - after doing the hard work of winning it.
3. Entire team seems to lack confidence in the goalie. Can't blame them.
4. Antonio has a spark of life in him. Could be the key in starting to turn things around.
5. Line up was interesting today - at moments it seemed like Pellegrini had Snodgrass playing off Haller as a number 10 - I couldn't quite figure out what was going on tactics-wise in this respect.
6. Antonio has to start the next match.
7. High risk due to the gaping holes it leaves at the back, but if we elect to start the next match like we finished it today perhaps we might nick a point here and there.
8. Mourinho blew it with the Spurs subs during the last 10 minutes. Was wrong tactics-wise, completely threw them for a loop and against a better team it could have cost them the game. Spurs will face much better sides than us for practically every single remaining game this season.