Who Next? The odds

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Re: Who Next? The odds

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Moyes

Lowest win percentage of any Manager.

Wigan
Shrewsbury

Not in work since

That is all
miketheloop

Post by miketheloop »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:23 pm Everton 4 West Ham 0 - Rooney with a hat trick

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/davi ... ion-310586

David Moyes is currently the worst West Ham manager of all time

His six wins from 23 games in all competitions is the lowest win percentage of all West Ham managers to have held the job on a permanent basis, and his points per game in the Premier League (1.11) is also the lowest.

Worse than Avram Grant, worse than Glenn Roeder, and worse than Gianfranco Zola.

if he was playing attacking football........hell's bells he failed miserably...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think he actually finished on 29% win ratio, which isn’t the worst.

Zola was the worst.

But regardless, he ended up doing a pretty decent job.
Brown Sauce
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Brown Sauce »

Don’t think for one second that managers aren’t as motivated by money as the players.
They have very little job security & usually a very short shelf life.
One 3 year deal with West Ham sets you up for life. Coaches all over Europe will be fighting for that job if it ever becomes available.

Also Dyche still lives down in Hertfordshire....... just saying.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

so once Chelsea and wolves despatch us by 10 goals pelle should be on his way ?

IF they hire moyes again then that truly is a backward step, failed everywhere since his everton days and I doubt many scousers want him back !
I and I suspect many others wont attend matches if he is back !

the choices for me are howe dyche and a cheaper option of scot parker . all 3 would get us playing or at least trying. first two obviously have a better experience level.

just dont get moyes !
Stulaw
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Stulaw »

miketheloop wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:30 am I think he actually finished on 29% win ratio, which isn’t the worst.

Zola was the worst.

But regardless, he ended up doing a pretty decent job.
Zola was the worst overall, Avram's cup runs prop him up quite a lot, his league win % was 18.92%

https://westhamworld.co.uk/manager-records/
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

bristolhammerfc wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:13 am Moyes

Lowest win percentage of any Manager.

Thats incorrect. Here are the results from the Bilic/Moyes season..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%8 ... .C._season
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by MadMart »

No insider info from me, I just have a gut feeling they will go for Sean Dyche. I'm not sure how I feel about him: better than Moyes and Houghton, better than Howe???
It's all very depressing to see where we are at 10 years on... Think this will be my last season as a STH after decades of going over there
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

Appointing Moyes would be an absolute disaster in my opinion - as Hammerman11 says in the
previous post even the scousers don't want him back and it would be a depressing backward step -
not least because it seems he's looking for a long term deal

If we lose at Chelsea I would sack Pelle on the Sunday and put the U-23 coach Dmitri Halajko in charge
for the next 2 matches while sounding out other options, better options than Moyes. Halajko is doing a great
job with the U-23s (not PL I know) knows the club, knows the younger players and seems to know what he's
doing on the training ground. If he doesn't work out, have someone else in place for the Xmas fixtures.

Appointing Moyes again would be a ludicrous and depressing knee jerk reaction
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

I'm not for one minute advocating the re-appointment of Moyes, but for those citing his poor win ratio and style of play, you can't overlook the context in which he was employed - he came in during a time when the team were in total freefall and getting slaughtered most weeks, and he was then only in charge for a short period. How many managers do you think would come in under those circumstances, get a poor, broken team winning most weeks and playing free-flowing football?

As for the manager who consistently produced the dreariest, most awful football I've ever seen at West Ham, there is one manager who stands head and shoulders above the rest imo: Alan Curbishley.
Brown Sauce

Post by Brown Sauce »

Your nit picking over whether Moyes was the worst or second worst manager in our history.
Why would you want either?
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

Big Fat Sam has never been relegated. Just sayin' with tin hat firmly in position! :lol:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

MadMart wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:54 am No insider info from me, I just have a gut feeling they will go for Sean Dyche. I'm not sure how I feel about him: better than Moyes and Houghton, better than Howe???
Ignoring style of football for a minute.... Howes only little stint away from Bournemouth was at Burnley. Whilst many of his signings proved to be shrewd in the long term, his open attacking style had them conceding too many goals. They were entertaining but in terms of league position, his term has to be deemed as unsuccessful. Dyche took over, plugged the holes at the back, increased the work rate, and turned them into a force again - resulting in promotion to the Premier League where they've managed to stay despite spending only a fraction of what other teams have spent - including Bournemouth. Whilst Howes football may be more pleasing on the eye, I'm not sure you can say he's the better manager.
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

steveyrockstar wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:57 am I'm not for one minute advocating the re-appointment of Moyes, but for those citing his poor win ratio and style of play, you can't overlook the context in which he was employed - he came in during a time when the team were in total freefall and getting slaughtered most weeks, and he was then only in charge for a short period. How many managers do you think would come in under those circumstances, get a poor, broken team winning most weeks and playing free-flowing football?

As for the manager who consistently produced the dreariest, most awful football I've ever seen at West Ham, there is one manager who stands head and shoulders above the rest imo: Alan Curbishley.
Stevey - Moyes did the job he was appointed for, yes, no doubt. But "winning most weeks and playing free flowing football" is not what I remember from his stay at West Ham

100% in agreement with you re Curbishly though
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Ex on his show yesterday said:

- We won't go for Hughton;
- David Gold still likes Moyes. But is likely to go back to Everton;
- Brady is the one who really likes Dyche. And Dyche has apparently given hints to the club he would like to talk about the job;
- Howe's backroom team has strong links to the club and apparently shares the same agent as Wilshere. Hence how Wilshere ended up going to Bournemouth on loan. But Ex hinted Howe likes full control of the club, which he is unlikely to get at the club, so could be unlikely.
- Benitez has turned us down twice before and is happy in China for now (good riddance);
- The club hasn't considered the likes of Bowyer and the Cowley brothers;
- Unless Sully changes his mind Pellers will stay no matter what until at least the Southampton game as:
1) That is deemed a winnable game (great attitude to the next 3 games!);
2) That's when Fabianski is likely to be back (yes that's how tragic we are. We are relying on a goalkeeper to save out season!).

If the information Ex shared is true then surely if we got rid of Pellers during the season Sully would surely have to bite the bullet and pay for someone like Dyche anyway as Hughton has been ruled out and Moyes could well be back at Everton by the time Pellers gets the chop. So who else is available?

To be honest, if it's true the likes of Dyche and possibly Howe wants the job we should absolutely go in for them anyway. Is it not refreshing to hear someone who actually wants to manage our club. Instead of the likes of Pellers and Benitez who you have to practically bribe just to make them take the job!?

Dyche on a restricted budget manages to get an unattractive club like Burnley into the Europa league and fighting for a top 10 place. Imagine what he could potentially do here with more resources and a bigger budget. :thup:

- Dyche;
- Howe;
- Wilder;
- Parker;
- Cowley.

Any of those 5 I'd be more than happy to gamble on. Back them and let them build their team.
Brown Sauce

Post by Brown Sauce »

So we’ve basically given up on the next 3 games.

Amazing.

When is the protest?
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Brown Sauce wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:34 am So we’ve basically given up on the next 3 games.

Amazing.

When is the protest?
I know, it's a great attitude isn't it. :thup: let's ignore the fact Arsenal and Wolves are beatable. I mean the Gooners have only dropped points and lost to: Palace, Southampton, Watford & Sheffield Utd. Those results must of just been one-offs! :thdn:
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Again I wonder what Burnley, Bournemouth, Sheffield Utd, Fulham and Huddersfield think of someone close to the board saying we are interested in their managers who would leave their Clubs mid season?

Stay classy West Ham.
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

Both Dyche & Howe have built squads with a much higher than average percentage of British players, about 2/3.

Our squad is 2/3 foreign imports.

Something to consider and I'm sure it won't have been lost on the club's decision makers.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

IMO the Dildos won't bring in another high profile manager if as expected we lose the next 2 games and Pelle is sacked.

No way would these skinflints pay compensation to get manager from another club.

They also would be very aware that a top name would demand money to spend and again they won't be giving any money.

What they want is just to stay in the prem they are not bothered which end of the table just as long as they can skim there profit they are golden.

So it will be a Moyes, Hughton or a Pardew type of manager I think.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

wormley wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:50 am Both Dyche & Howe have built squads with a much higher than average percentage of British players, about 2/3.

Our squad is 2/3 foreign imports.

Something to consider and I'm sure it won't have been lost on the club's decision makers.
It's political correctness gone mad!