David Martin

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Adrianisournumber1

Re: David Martin

Post by Adrianisournumber1 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:50 am

Oh David Martin your the love of my life
Oh David Martin il let you sleep with my wife
Oh David Martin I want ginger hair too. :scarfer:

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:34 pm

Before we all get too carried away, he should have held that long range shot in the first half yesterday. It wasn't a difficult one to take cleanly, it was virtually straight at him, yet it squirmed away from him, partly hitting his chest and his arms got in a bit of tangle, which never looks great. OK, he made a quick recovery to clear away the re-bound, but he still made a bit of a dogs breakfast of it and on another day, he wont be so fortunate. That said, pleased for him for him, he kept a clean sheet, but I dont think he will keep many

Ozza

Post by Ozza » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:37 pm

Well done to the bloke, really happy for him

chigwells finest
Location: desperately seeking redemption from this west ham misery

Post by chigwells finest » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:43 pm

was going to say that this is the best thread ive read on here for ages , then Puff assumes his ' role as the craig revell Horwood of the site :-)

S-H

Post by S-H » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:46 pm

chigwells finest wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:43 pm
was going to say that this is the best thread ive read on here for ages , then Puff assumes his ' role as the craig revell Horwood of the site :-)
Good job you didn't read it last night then...

Softhammer

Post by Softhammer » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:34 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:34 pm
Before we all get too carried away, he should have held that long range shot in the first half yesterday. It wasn't a difficult one to take cleanly, it was virtually straight at him, yet it squirmed away from him, partly hitting his chest and his arms got in a bit of tangle, which never looks great. OK, he made a quick recovery to clear away the re-bound, but he still made a bit of a dogs breakfast of it and on another day, he wont be so fortunate. That said, pleased for him for him, he kept a clean sheet, but I dont think he will keep many
Thats true, though Giroud was offside on the rebound. VAR would've saved us.

Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Post by Rio » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:12 pm

Yes puff. It wasn’t a faultless performance, but it was a decent one. It was also noticeable that having him between the posts also gave not only the fans, but the team a boost.

At Bournemouth when fab went off the whole mood of the club dropped. Players immediately showed nerves,the travelling support likewise.

Yesterday a 3rd choice keeper has reinvigorated the whole club. We produced one of the most most assured defensive performances in a long while, came away with a rare win at that God awful place.

We also saw an emotional reaction that will linger in the :shock: memory longer than the win itself.

But this is West Ham. Who wants positives eh Puff :fsake: :fsake:

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:00 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:34 pm
To be fair Puff, we all know there is a reason why he is 3rd choice and why its his Premier debut at 33, but what a lovely story, performance etc. and so typical West Ham (which is the main thing) in an era where not much else is.

OFT

Post by OFT » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:30 pm

My feelings early on ,albeit watching on phone, was that the defenders seemed determined to do all they could to look after David Martin, as if suddenly they were invested again in the whole team 'thing' , a genuine affinity for him and the matter in hand.
That's not to say they necessarily have anything against Roberto but something was very different, and much the better for it.

S-H

Post by S-H » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:32 pm

Maybe they felt they let Roberto down, and were determined not to do the same to Martin.

OFT

Post by OFT » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:35 pm

Quite possibly S-H

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:37 pm

Rio wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:12 pm
Yes puff. It wasn’t a faultless performance, but it was a decent one. It was also noticeable that having him between the posts also gave not only the fans, but the team a boost.

At Bournemouth when fab went off the whole mood of the club dropped. Players immediately showed nerves,the travelling support likewise.

Yesterday a 3rd choice keeper has reinvigorated the whole club. We produced one of the most most assured defensive performances in a long while, came away with a rare win at that God awful place.

We also saw an emotional reaction that will linger in the :shock: memory longer than the win itself.

But this is West Ham. Who wants positives eh Puff :fsake: :fsake:
His reaction and the reaction of his teammates was the best memory I’ve had since we left Upton Park. Better than being the first to win at Spu#s new ground, better than the two wins against Man Um and everything else.. and by some margin.

S-H

Post by S-H » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:40 pm

Peaches wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:37 pm
His reaction and the reaction of his teammates was the best memory I’ve had since we left Upton Park. Better than being the first to win at Spu#s new ground, better than the two wins against Man Um and everything else.. and by some margin.
Yep.

Little things like that, the owners will never be able to erase from the DNA of this club, no matter how hard they try.

OFT

Post by OFT » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:42 pm

How long before the twots have a David Martin weeping doll for sale in the tat department

AntonOtulakowski

Post by AntonOtulakowski » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:03 pm

He's Alivin Martin's Son
He's better than Buffon
We've got David Martin

S-H

Post by S-H » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:09 pm

OFT wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:42 pm
How long before the twots have a David Martin weeping doll for sale in the tat department
Tomorrow.

Eggs'n'nuts

Post by Eggs'n'nuts » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:10 pm

OFT wrote:
Well done for putting that seed of thought in their heads OFT! :D

Regarding Puff's quote; was that spill possibly down to a spot of nerves? I think if I was in his position, I reckon I would of had stuff running down the back of my legs.

Apart from that, the boy done great and the difference in general with the whole team as well was fantastic. F**k the stats; we've had a win away against on of the "big boys", with a clean sheet.

Watching those scenes at the end, I'd unfortunately put the central heating up too high as my eyeballs started to sweat.

ereford ammer

Post by ereford ammer » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:22 pm

OFT wrote:
It would go well with a 'steaming Carlton'.

OFT

Post by OFT » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:25 pm

ereford ammer wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:22 pm
It would go well with a 'steaming Carlton'.
Yeah, and as if to represent the recruitment policy of Sullivan.. buy one get one free

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:26 pm

Eggs'n'nuts wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:10 pm
Well done for putting that seed of thought in their heads OFT! :D

Regarding Puff's quote; was that spill possibly down to a spot of nerves? I think if I was in his position, I reckon I would of had stuff running down the back of my legs.

Apart from that, the boy done great and the difference in general with the whole team as well was fantastic. F**k the stats; we've had a win away against on of the "big boys", with a clean sheet.

Watcment like those scenes at the end, I'd unfortunately put the central heating up too high as my eyeballs started to sweat.
My point is, when a keeper takes those sort of strikes cleanly, with arms and legs securely wrapped round the ball as they should, it immediately sends out a signal to your defenders, I'm in control here and it also sends out a message to the other team, it is going to take something a little bit special to beat me. I'm not criticising him you're probably right, he was most likely suffering a bout of nerves and that moment showed it and you can be sure Chelsea knew it too. OK, they still didnt beat him but on another day, he won't get away with a moment like that. That's all ~ That is what I am saying