Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 412 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Samba wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:27 pm One year I was advised to drive around the 'millionaires row' part of Emerson Park, once & maybe still, the preferred place for some West Ham players to live.
Wow, some of them houses & some of them Christmas decorations. None of your diy jobs.
Some 'ordinary' houses do it great, as well.
Herbert Road. Used to take my Nan down there to look at the lights :)
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Go onto the Online Store to buy the Iron Maiden shirt and the only sizes available are Small and 4XL :fsake:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Tom Bradbry.

Just read the ****ing news without giving us your opinion.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

All of my local KFC's are halal restaurants. This now means that if I want a KFC burger with bacon in it, I can't have one. Or if I don't want to eat an animal that was caused unnecessary suffering, pain and distress, I can't.
This irritates me.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Samba wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:02 pm All of my local KFC's are halal restaurants. This now means that if I want a KFC burger with bacon in it, I can't have one. Or if I don't want to eat an animal that was caused unnecessary suffering, pain and distress, I can't.
This irritates me.
What about your cat?

Otherwise try some vegan food, it's delicious.
Samba

Post by Samba »

S-H wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:07 pm What about your cat?
Otherwise try some vegan food, it's delicious.
The cat's irritated about it, as well. She likes her bacon.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

S-H wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:07 pm Or if I don't want to eat an animal that was caused unnecessary suffering, pain and distress, I can't.
I'm afraid all animals are caused pain and distressed when they die. Just look at some of the You tube videos showing the way British animals are slaughtered.

From the way they are farmed, through to transportation to the actual slaughter, it's is for most animals, a life (and death) of pain and misery. There is no humane slaughter - it's a myth.

We all know that most animals in the world are treated badly throughout their life and die so they can feed some peoples ingrained eating habits. But the facts are ignored. It's called wilful ignorance.

Take a few mins to watch this. It's just a woman talking. But she's very informative.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=wi ... ORM=VRDGAR
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

WHU Independent wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:42 pm I'm afraid all animals are caused pain and distressed when they die. Just look at some of the You tube videos showing the way British animals are slaughtered.

From the way they are farmed, through to transportation to the actual slaughter, it's is for most animals, a life (and death) of pain and misery. There is no humane slaughter - it's a myth.

We all know that most animals in the world are treated badly throughout their life and die so they can feed some peoples ingrained eating habits. But the facts are ignored. It's called wilful ignorance.

Take a few mins to watch this. It's just a woman talking. But she's very informative.

Also Simon Amstell's Carnage which is quite upsetting.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

I'll be honest, the constant guilt tripping around eating meat irritates me.

I'd happily support stricter legislation around animal welfare and slaughter, even if it meant an increase in the cost of meat. I can't help but feel this is the sort of thing Vegans should be pushing for.

There's lots of parts of lots of animals that get wasted, because there's no demand for them as meat in general is so cheap. We had liver and bacon for dinner the other night. £1.27 for a pack of lamb's liver that was probably twice as much as we needed.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 412 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

WHU Independent wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:42 pm I'm afraid all animals are caused pain and distressed when they die. Just look at some of the You tube videos showing the way British animals are slaughtered.

Spot on mate. Haven't eaten meat since April 2018 and i'd like to think i'd never go back.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I'm having to eat so much meat now to help out our farmers because of all these millennial wally vegans.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Mega Ron wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:41 pm I'm having to eat so much meat now to help out our farmers because of all these millennial wally vegans.
How is sucking off farmers helping the meat trade?
Adrianisournumber1

Post by Adrianisournumber1 »

I’m a stay at home Dad as my wife can earn a lot more than me so i do all the kids routine and the baby stuff. People think it’s weird to the point a councillor said something and has had to go on training about sexism and other stuff.

I decided to join the PTA now was expecting more Mum than kids on it but I’m the only Man and now some parents have issue with this! I can’t think why either other than sexism. I’m enhanced DBS checked I’m a Distritc Councillor and wondering what the issue with me being on the PTA could be other than the fact I’m a bloke.

Totally understanding how women get fed up with sexism
Adrianisournumber1

Also people that moan about Halal meat but ignore other meats slaughtered in similar ways that also annoys me :arry: :arry:
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

^^^^ perhaps it's nothing to do with you being male, or a councillor etc, they might just not like you.... :wink:
Adrianisournumber1

Clacton-ammer wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:34 pm ^^^^ perhaps it's nothing to do with you being male, or a councillor etc, they might just not like you.... :wink:
That’s a valid point but the comments “why a man doing it” suggest my sex is an issue.
OFT
Has liked: 2994 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

How the amount required for an apres dump polish up increases with age, I've gone from 'bus ticket' to full on Vileda spec.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

WHU Independent wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:42 pm There is no humane slaughter - it's a myth.
my uncle used to put a good glass of brandy in the water before chucking a lobster in it. i think that qualifies.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Adrianisournumber1 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:58 pm That’s a valid point but the comments “why a man doing it” suggest my sex is an issue.
The pen-is, mightier than the sword...
S-H

Post by S-H »

warp wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:38 pm my uncle used to put a good glass of brandy in the water before chucking a lobster in it. i think that qualifies.
:lol: