Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

MK-Hammer
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 133 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by MK-Hammer »

We need some defenders that can defend ...midfielders that pass the ball forward...attackers that make runs into the channel & in behind....all fairly basic stuff ...I wonder what they do all week ...no shape or patterns to our play ...no third man running ....Ljungberg said he saw us getting tired after 60 mins ....we’re not fit no closing down ...very poor ...and that’s down to the manager....he bought the players he wanted in the summer ....but everyone knew we needed some full backs & central defenders to build strength from the back and allow the so called ‘creative players’ to play

I enjoyed the change in style that Pellers introduced last season but we haven’t developed from there ....every other team knows we are weak at the back & slow & predictable going forward .... We need someone to come in and shake them all up

Would love it to be Rafa ( sounded very sensible on Sky tonight) but I don’t think we could afford him ...who else ? Not Moyes or Fat Sam please 😱
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

IronZ-79 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:49 pm I so thought we finally had a manager that would transform us. How we have ended up in this form after the start we made is baffling.

Wouldn't say no to either Rafa or Harry.
I think our ‘good’ start is a complete myth to be honest. We had a very easy run of fixtures beating Watford and Norwich who both look certain to be relegated. We also beat a bang out of form abject Man United who were losing games week in week out.

Despite our decent position in the table we couldn’t beat a struggling Brighton or Villa and got absolutely annihilated 5-0 at home to Man City. The only game we’ve actually played well in for the full 90 this season is Norwich and it’s mid December!

In truth apart from a decent little run at the end of last season we’ve been shocking since Arnoutovic had his tantrum back in January!
hoopsta
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by hoopsta »

i just want a manager in that takes zero crap from players, rants an rages on the sideline and boot over water bottles - if we are playing crap at least the sideline will be fun
Mikloskosglovebag
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Mikloskosglovebag »

Like Moyes/Pearce?
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

Don’t even know where to start to be honest.

To summarise, I just think tonight really highlighted the weak mentality of this team under MP. It also further highlights that we have no idea what we’re doing when going forward, which in turn made it inevitable that we would let Arsenal back into a game that they looked way out of their depth in during the first half.

The fact Pellegrini also said “it does not depend on me” in his post match interview when asked about his future tells you everything you need to know about the man’s passion for the job. If you have a lacklustre man in charge you have a lacklustre team, and the fact he keeps making the Anderson substitution in every single game highlights how un-pragmatic and stubborn he is. He does not have a clue and looks broken. He needs to go right now.
Mikloskosglovebag

Keep him until the new year. His plan is too obvious.
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

TommyHammer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:16 am
The fact Pellegrini also said “it does not depend on me” in his post match interview when asked about his future tells you everything you need to know about the man’s passion for the job.
Needs to go ASAP
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Harry?!?

Am I in a reality show?
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

He needs to go tomorrow, but he won’t.

He will get the Southampton game to possibly stop them paying compensation. A win there and he will probably get til the new year. We’re at a point now where the odd good result to save his job could cost us more.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

They won't replace him until after the January window so they don't have to give the new manager money
Mikloskosglovebag

If they get Benitez and he wants a couple of players they will get them. They work more on trust with managers than being really tight fisted.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Long term appointment please, even if it means relegation short term. Preferably one who can make use of our attacking players and we don't need to start from scratch again with wholesale signings (I maintain we have a really talented bunch of players who just don't seem to be turning up).

Eddie Howe would be my favourite by far. If not him, as unpopular as it may be I'd say Gerrard.

Benitez is Pellers mk2.
One Peter Butler
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 207 likes

Post by One Peter Butler »

I would like to be at the Sullivan breakfast table this morning......

Thankfully we need not worry. We have Karen Brady. She knows everything. She is right about everything. She can sort anything. She can, and now will, take over team affairs and lead us to the next level. Karen, I am indebted to you.

P.S

Is Comical Peli still here?
Brown Sauce
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Brown Sauce »

Why does every manager we employ have to go through this drawn out period of prolonged death.
Everyone knew Bilic & zola & BFS & Grant were all going but we wait & stall & fanny around.

These people are meant to be serious business people.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Will be sacked/Asked to walk/subjected to an intense whisper campaign with dear John letters to Claret & Hugh either this midweek or if we fail to beat Southampton.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I'd like a good balanced manager that believes in good attacking play as well as having a strong defence. I don't want one or the other. I don't believe for a second that Eddie Howe is the man to fix a porous defence. I'd like a manager that wins games through tactics and adapts to the opposition, I don't want a manager with a stubborn belief in his own philosophy. Most importantly, I'd like a manager that makes the best use of the players at his disposal and is able to get maximum effort out of them week in, week out. An ability to identify obvious squad weaknesses during the transfer window would be a bonus.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

Mikloskosglovebag wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:22 am If they get Benitez and he wants a couple of players they will get them. They work more on trust with managers than being really tight fisted.
They really don’t and they really are tight fisted
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 691 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

Allardyce - 3rd season in charge, funds lacking for squad
Bilic - 2nd season in charge, funds lacking for squad
Pellegrini- 2nd season in charge, funds lacking for squad

Common denominator is owners who aren’t fit to run a football club

Rinse and repeat. It’s all about staying on the gravy train for these crooks. No interest whatsoever in pushing us to the next level

Every thread on the forum should be about getting the owners out, not commenting on what are now mere sideshows to the real problem
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 483 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

chalks wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:36 am Allardyce - 3rd season in charge, funds lacking for squad

Rinse and repeat. It’s all about staying on the gravy train for these crooks. No interest whatsoever in pushing us to the next level

Every thread on the forum should be about getting the owners out, not commenting on what are now mere sideshows to the real problem
100%

Pelligrini was doomed to fail from day one, as will be whoever takes over.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

chalks wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:36 am Allardyce - 3rd season in charge, funds lacking for squad

Nailed it :thup: