Board vs Pellegrini [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Who do you hold chiefly responsible for WHUFC's current position in the EPL?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:34 pm

The board (Sullivan, Gold, Brady etc)
56%
The management team (Pellegrini, Cousillas, Husillos etc)
12%
Both, equally
31%
Neither
1%

Total votes: 433

Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Re: Board vs Pellegrini [POLL]

Post by Beavis Danzig »

WorcesterWHU wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:07 pm Gonzo at Hammers Chat has a video up today on their You Tube forum channel, and pretty much nails my thoughts on the matter. Well worth a watch / listen :thup:
quick word about gonzo, don't always agree with the bloke but in the absolute snakepit of social media you won't find a better ambassador for the club. always respectful, insightful and has a few jokes in his pocket even for the shittest situations.

don't know the him personally but reminds me of the sort of people who keep me from packing it in all together, the same sort who usually avoid social media like a plague.
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

Kialos wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:13 pm Should have had a voting category of "The fans" Would have given the club plants an option to vote on.
They'll just have to heap on the management team.
Yes, I've read more than once that it's the fans fault. Stupid fans, fancy wanting to win games & watch half decent performances.
Should just be grateful they saved us.
DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 467 likes

Post by DrVenk »

Both, but mostly blame Bold, Gullivan and Shady.

What a joyride it has been...but it's over now.

Surely?
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Voted.

The Board.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Don't see how anybody can blame the board they saved us and the worlds most successful business woman ensured we were part of the worlds biggest stadium migration.
Mikloskosglovebag
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Mikloskosglovebag »

Sullivan is at fault for the glamour signing. I personally think he was seeking approval after the Burnley game protests.

Reality for the type of net spend the club has is someone that works well with a mid-table budget and high motivation abilities, never Pellers.

Need to get a manager that cares and can work a lot more astutely with budget, rather than record breaking signings, with no plan.

Anyways. Pellers is to blame for losing the squad and lack of motivation. As Gold apparently wanted Moyes. It’s equal blame Sullivan and Pellers.
Loftyhammer
Has liked: 2192 likes
Total likes: 168 likes

Post by Loftyhammer »

Both...short term, Pellers (sadly IMO) seemingly has no answers and nowhere to turn. We never know exactly what goes on behind closed doors, but ultimately he didn't strengthen where it's been obvious for a very long time - FB and CM. Maybe it was his choice, maybe his options based on board "input" were limited. Either way, that and his apparent lack of flexibility do for him in the here and now.

Long term though, I can't believe anyone would argue that this board have taken us for absolute mugs, and have no idea how to build a club & its identity - both from a playing & performance perspective; and a cultural identity that the fans can get behind
smuts
Has liked: 1500 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Both have to take their share of the blame. The board for moving us into a rented bowl and their general mismanagement since they took over.

in regards to Pelle, the squad looks unmotivated, tactically clueless, unfit and our big money signings are looking worse every month. (Haller benched in favour of a winger, Anderson turns away as soon as he gets within 5 yards of a defender, Diop can't get in the side mainly because he gets bullied and can't head the ball and Fornals has shown flashes here and there but not £23m worth by any means.)

Add that into the full back issues (Cresswell to be fair has had a bit of renaissance but Masuaku can't defend and Frederick's is pretty much hopeless going forward), relying on a 34 year old goalie to not get injured and have a worldie almost every week like he did last season, a PL midfield with Noble and Snodgrass huffing and puffing away.....it's a recipe for disaster.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

What odds on C&H running a poll and the vote being 99% against the manager ?
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

like a malignanacy at the heart of our club , feeding , growing
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Kialos wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:13 pm Should have had a voting category of "The fans" Would have given the club plants an option to vote on.

I'm fascinated by that one member who voted "Neither" :eh:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

It's interesting that, so far, only one voter potentially feels this is down to the players.

Are they getting a free ride at the expense of the board and management?
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Believer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:39 pm What odds on C&H running a poll and the vote being 99% against the manager ?

Likely I would suggest. However he fixes his polls whereas UTJ is honest with his and always asks for both sides of the coin.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Up the Junction wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:48 pm It's interesting that, so far, only one voter potentially feels this is down to the players.

i dont doubt some are hiding behind the malaise with the board and the manager, plenty of hiding going on all round
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Up the Junction wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:48 pm It's interesting that, so far, only one voter potentially feels this is down to the players.

An unmotivated and uncaring workforce are the symptoms of a badly run business.

Pellegrini is also part of the workforce.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1453 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Absolutely. In the current cycle, they know that they only have to hang around long enough for maximum 3 years and they will outlast another manager. This means that they pretty much know that their performances in year 3 only ever need to be good enough to avoid relegation.

I don't like out individuals, but there are plenty of players over the years who have stepped it up come contract renewal time. They are far more capable than they are showing.

But then why should they, their not part of anything. There's no growth, no structure, no group targets. Other than to make the board richer.

As I say to my own staff, when the only motivation is to get paid, then you're only ever going to work hard enough to not get fired. And that's what I've seen at West Ham for the last few years. Every year...the very bare minimum, from everyone from the top to the bottom.

But then if I worked for Brady, that's all she'd get from me.
Jarvo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Jarvo »

What does Karren Brady even do for the club nowadays??

I voted for the general management, as we know what the players can do, but its the system that doesn't work. Not at our level anyway.

I think there is enough blame to go around - something rotten top to bottom at the club right now. The owners are supposed to be fans, right? Wouldn't any West Ham fan try to do things to turn this around?

Do they truly believe that Pellegrini is the man to get us out of this situation?
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

By Neither I thought you meant it was bad luck/refs/injuries to key players/transfers that didn't materialise for other reasons than boad or manager
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

I don't think the players can all be categorised into one. I do feel that there are a couple who just don't put the effort in. I think some of them are woefully short of confidence and others are ****ed over by the set up. I think the set up is really hurting Rice and highlighting the weaknesses in a declining Noble. It's why Crouchy has mentioned Sanchez so many times (and I agree). His presence and role in the team would at least help Rice to some degree. I include Haller in the lack of effort section, but even some of that could be him ****ed off at the tactics. It's no excuse to down tools so much, but at the same time it's understandable.
Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 260 likes

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

Yeah sure, all the above have their part to play in this current situation but ask yourselves this..what's the constant in all this over the years? Who's the common denominator?

Our board. End of.

They run our club like a FIFA video game. Trying to pinch a star player on the cheap here, a brand name manager there. Regardless of whether they're actually the right fit for us. It's just smoke and mirrors and that's how they have always conducted their entire lives. They suck the life out of lifelong fans, experienced managers and players the like. Bilic looked like a broken man under their watch and now look at what he's achieving.

This lot, and what they stand for, turned me off going after 50 years a season ticket holder. Can't wait for the day they p*ss off.