Who Next? The odds

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Re: Who Next? The odds

Post by hammer1975 »

-DL- wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:55 pm There's a French former manager that's still got a house in Totteridge who is still out of work.

If he was appointed, I bet nobody would have seen it coming...
Wenger? Interesting DL. Didn’t I read somewhere he now had a FIFA role recently?
mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

Hammer1972 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:54 pm Sorry, but what on earth makes you think Jack is going to get more out of this lot than Pellegrini?! Because he played for us? Or because he coached the U16s?

He's a lovely guy I'm sure, but what exactly are these 'assets'?
There’s a team of decent players who aren’t playing for the current manager.

Right now I can’t see any decent managers free or obtainable that would come. I know being an ex footballer doesn’t make you a good manager, but right now our team is absolute dog s*** and he might provide inspiration and some actual ****ing application.

Would prefer 20 games risking him than going back to any ex managers or the same old out of work suspects.

But that’s just my opinion at this moment in time, I’ll take it all back when they appoint Ancelotti!
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

PortCityIron wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:33 pm

Someone earlier posted the biggest issue i see with a new manager. The squad is a hodge podge of the last 3 managers playing styles and none of them are alike. Fire Pel and the new guy is left with a compounded mess of these players. He sells and buys a few in the summer but not enough to implement the desired style...second season rolls up and he's hamstrung by Napoleon and Co. with his desired system not clicking. By Christmas of 2nd season he's lost 8 on the bounce and here we are again, floating Moyes, BFS, Grant and the like. Those names should never quicken west ham again and should've been buried under the chicken run. Either everyone has forgotten those days and the abysmal football played or has only been a fan since the great migration. But hey...the popcorn and 300 page program are nice!
That's unfortunately why we're gonna need someone like Moyes (I don't think he'd come back unless he got a long contract and decent money, which they're unlikely to give him) to sort this shht show out. Said may times before but so much for "next level".
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

bigcarpchaser
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by bigcarpchaser »

Perfect..available for free and not Fat Sam, Moyes, Paulis, Hughton, Pardew, Maclaren or any other has been.
This is where my money is going.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Enzo Maresca's claret and blue army!!
hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Should we see it as a positive when players say they ‘enjoy’ someone’s training sessions?

I didn’t play to any serious level but did play district, for my University and every weekend through my twenties - can’t say the coaches who organised ‘enjoyable’ training got the best out of me or my team mates tbh. Quite the opposite really. The psychos who left us drilled and knackered were the ones I remember helping us do well. This may be because I’m a lazy so-and-so in nature....!
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

He will suit them because he will be dirt cheap.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

It's great that Enzo Maresca masterminded the win against Chelsea. Good work.

But why? Where was Pellegrini? Job under pressure and a london derby and he hands it all over to his coach?

Seems a little odd. Has he lost faith in his own ability?
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:51 pm It's great that Enzo Maresca masterminded the win against Chelsea. Good work.

But why? Where was Pellegrini? Job under pressure and a london derby and he hands it all over to his coach?

Seems a little odd. Has he lost faith in his own ability?
I reckon it's more "spin" and even more full of bollox than Tony Blairs WMD in Iraq claim. Just checked him out on wikipedia and there's nothing particularly inspiring there. Maybe he's a footballing genius, who knows, but as others have said he'll cost F all and buys them some time. :thdn:
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 298 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

The Maresca story seems at best like it's a set up for not hiring a manager. They don't want to hire any of the current options, and they don't want a situation like Moyes where they hire a steady hand to keep them up and then get a no-win situation where they either get flack for keeping a stodgy plugger or get flak for letting go the manager who kept them up. So instead you talk up an assistant, he gets the interim job (ala Freddie at Arsenal) except for the whole 2nd half of the season, and you get your real target in June.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Cellar-door wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:21 pm The Maresca story seems at best like it's a set up for not hiring a manager. They don't want to hire any of the current options, and they don't want a situation like Moyes where they hire a steady hand to keep them up and then get a no-win situation where they either get flack for keeping a stodgy plugger or get flak for letting go the manager who kept them up. So instead you talk up an assistant, he gets the interim job (ala Freddie at Arsenal) except for the whole 2nd half of the season, and you get your real target in June.
Yeah, I think so too. The chancers choice. It's crazy, it's crazy, but it might just work. f*** it, we're going down anyway, so what the f*** ?
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

even sullivan isn't putting the effort in when it comes to his duplicitous "leaks" these days.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Cellar-door wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:21 pm The Maresca story seems at best like it's a set up for not hiring a manager. They don't want to hire any of the current options, and they don't want a situation like Moyes where they hire a steady hand to keep them up and then get a no-win situation where they either get flack for keeping a stodgy plugger or get flak for letting go the manager who kept them up. So instead you talk up an assistant, he gets the interim job (ala Freddie at Arsenal) except for the whole 2nd half of the season, and you get your real target in June.
That may well be true.

But... for that one match, for the first time in a long time, it did actually look as though we had some kind of plan.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

More plants than Alan Titchmarsh.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Shy Ted wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:52 pm 5 days ago Howe said about West Ham speculation:
"I am 100 per cent as good as Manuel Pellegrini. I too, have lost the last 5 games."
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

-DL- wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:55 pm There's a French former manager that's still got a house in Totteridge who is still out of work.

If he was appointed, I bet nobody would have seen it coming...
"Mr Wenger, as the new West Ham manager, what did you think of your team's first game under you at the London Stadium?"

"I didn't see it. I didn't realise my seat would be so far from the pitch."
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

If the alternative is getting Moyes back or Hughton, I've got my fingers crossed that Pellers can turn it around.
Mikloskosglovebag
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Mikloskosglovebag »

The 3rd team coach that trained the team sounds like a perfect match. Well anyone that is present for training is an upgrade really.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

so why would pelle not take training and hand it over to a coach then take it back after we had won with different tactics? the pelle style saw us lose the next two games ! so pelle has it back for saints or is he handing it over again ? if this is true then its clear that pelle isn't bothered and wants out and his money !

we should have sacked him after the wolves match but now we limp on. what next " we have a little break so players go on holiday before coming back to hard work for a few days before the palace game ? just sack him and let the coach take over until we get new man in. rather try his tactics against saints and palace away than pelle`s crab football with weak underbelly !