Official Betting Thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

r99c
Has liked: 682 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Re: Official Betting Thread

Post by r99c »

Worst day's punting for ages.

I got 3/4 on a yankee (the other one being a non-runner) on the day Douvan won, then won big with Happy Diva at Cheltenham and posted neither of those day's selections on here. Never posting on here again the way it's going when I do put them in here :D :lol:

edit- oh hang on, I did put Douvan on here. Not Happy Diva though. f*** knows what's going on lately, my spreadsheet looks like a scene from Jaws, allllll reedddd
CRFC Hammer
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by CRFC Hammer »

r99c wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:43 am Landed on the following, all Newbury.

12.15 - Coconut Splash, 1pt 4/1
12.45 - Khage, 1pt 5/1
1.50 - Kalashnikov, 2pt 11/4
2.25 - Black Op, 1pt 4/1

Will also be backing Faustinovick based on what I've read on here (Twitter), and like a Paisley Park-Unowhatimeanharry straight forecast.

The only one of those I backed was Coconut Splash who would have gone close had he stood up. Had Severano, Oldgrangewood and Champ and had a nice Champ/Paisley Park double. :scarfer:
r99c

Post by r99c »

CRFC Hammer wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:18 am The only one of those I backed was Coconut Splash who would have gone close had he stood up. Had Severano, Oldgrangewood and Champ and had a nice Champ/Paisley Park double. :scarfer:
Jesus, champagne on you!
r99c

Post by r99c »

Didn't put today's selections up and still lost, so f*** it, here we go for tomorrow. Be warned I am in bad form... The Fairyhouse card is a BELTER though, way too good to ignore.

12.30 - Cerberus can land the spoils. Lost by just a neck to A Wave Of The Sea on our selection's hurdling debut, on level weights. We then had a good performance on the flat before bolting up over C&D. Robbie Power now takes over in the saddle and he is in top form. We carry 4lb less than A Wave Of The Sea who reopposes here after bolting up in his next race. This is a close contest, but the C&D win and top jockey booking, along with the 4lb pull in weights, can tip this in our favour. 13/8

1.00 - Envoi Allen will surely win. Flawless in the bumpers, with some top form already coming out of his Champion Bumper with the likes of Thyme Hill and Abacadabras (reopposing here) in behind. Won his maiden hurdle in superb style and that form has also held up extremely well. Abacadabras is the main market rival, but we had him in behind at Cheltenham and there's just nothing to suggest he'll turn us over. Instead I look to Midnight Run as the main threat. Lightly raced and hacked up on hurdling debut with Colreevy in 2nd. Colreevy actually beat Abacadabras on their final bumper run. Form has held up as third place in Midnight Run's hurdling debut recently won well in a 25 horse field. Envoi Allen is short at 4/6 with most firms, so my suggestion would be include him in multiples or play a straight forecast with Midnight Run to finish 2nd.

1.30 - A fascinating contest. Fakir D'Oudairies steps up in trip and takes my vote ahead of Samcro. Ronald Pump is definitely due consideration here, he won very well on chase debut at this track beating Captain CJ by 8 lengths, who then went out today and only lost to the smart Carefully Selected by 5L. This form also ties in with the very very smart Champagne Classic and is not to be dismissed lightly, but Samcro is a beast and Fakir was oh so impressive last season over hurdles and on chase debut vs the smart Melon. The vote goes to Fakir D'Oudairies as he is conceded 8lb and has a far more consistent profile than Samcro. His RPR on chase debut was better than Samcro's too. 11/8

2.05 - A really tricky handicap chase. Taking a chance on Wrong Direction. He's from points/hunter chasing and sneaks in at the bottom of the weights, but has a good profile despite being out of the handicap. Recently just lost by a head from It Came To Pass, whose form ties in with old school names like On The Fringe & Lac Fontana. Very lightly raced, mark could be lenient and looks like one to relish a marathon trip like this. The competition looks patchy to me. Our selection has already seen some money. 7/1

2.40 - The feature race, grade 1 hurdle featuring some huge names. I'm siding with Apple's Jade. She reopposes Bacardys who shocked her on seasonal debut. We also have Penhill making his comeback after 1 year and 7 months off, Honeysuckle bidding to affirm her status as one of the most exciting hurdlers in training and two outsiders. Apple's was disappointing last time, but a return to this track where she has won the last three of these races may reinvigorate her. Bacardys may have beat her well last time, but his profile is patchy. At the end of the day, we are still rated 5lb better than him and we should be better for the run. Penhill is a horse I love having backed him for both his Cheltenham wins, but just cannot be having him here. That leaves Honeysuckle. She looks amazing BUT there's a question over the level of horses she has faced, and the main thing for me is we have no idea how she responds when asked for effort. If Apple's is back to her best, we still have 12lb in hand on ratings and we have juicier odds. Whatever happens, it should be an absolute cracker, but I am taking the leap of faith and backing Apple's at 11/4.

3.10 - Mister Blue Sky E/W will be my bet here. Returning to the track giving plenty of weight to your rivals over 2m4f on heavy ground is completely inadequate for a 2 mile hurdler who goes well on yielding-soft and that is what we get here. Regardless, he still ran well until the closing stages. He won over C&D in April and whilst he's not an obvious pick here, it's an open affair and I saw enough on reappearance to suggest he can go close now. 25/1 - Paddypower/Betfair but as low as 16/1 elsewhere
r99c

Post by r99c »

Well and truly ****ed it yesterday. Was keen on Honeysuckle the night before, even advising others, before changing my mind to Apple's Jade.

Ended up doing a £40 accumulator on the first 4 and a £100 treble on Envoi, Fakir and Apple's. Needed her for £3.1k, and of course she runs flat again and Honeysuckle puts in one of the best performances of the NH season so far... swap out Apple's for Honeysuckle in my bets and I'm looking at £2.5k or so using the odds at the time. Also could have done yankees, trixies or whatever, but didn't. Virtually had the winnings in my grasp and ****ed it. :twisted:
r99c

Post by r99c »

Tomorrow we have

Lingfield
12.45 - Mr Perfect
1.45 - Pres (confident) - plus play a forecast on Pres & The Manuscript
2.15 - Ruacana
2.45 - Honorable
3.15 - Private Malone

Southwell
12.30 - Carnspindle
1.00 - Monsieur d'Arque
1.30 - Keep Rolling
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

r99c wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:09 pm Tomorrow we have

All losers, many coming in last place.
Might be time to give up dude. :lol:

I'm just messing. It's how it goes sometimes.
r99c

Post by r99c »

fjthegrey wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:23 pm Might be time to give up dude. :lol:

I'm just messing. It's how it goes sometimes.
Sunday would have been good if I didn't back a treble ending in Apple's Jade and the accumulator also ending with her, after thinking Honeysuckle the night before :x

Weekend would have been ok on both days with Kalashnikov not losing by a nose or Sam's Adventure losing by a neck when he's massive odds-on in running before the other one somehow rallied.

Then we get today's shitshow LOL - need a break from this ****
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

When the fun stops etc..

:thup:
r99c

Post by r99c »

Put the bets on yesterday but doing something slightly different tonight, bet 6 results in the footy. Chelsea, Leicester, Tottenham, Norwich, Draw(us) and Liverpool but just did doubles & trebles. Never usually do that kind of bet, would usually just do singles or accumulator. 15 x £1 doubles and 20 x £0.50 trebles
r99c

Post by r99c »

1.30 Wincanton - Cesar Et Rosalie EW
1.40 Market Rasen - Ask Paddy
2.05 Wincanton - Scaramanga
2.15 Market Rasen - Running Wolf EW
2.40 Wincanton - Lizize Langton
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Gladbach are 4 to 1, or better, to beat Bayern tomorrow. A very decent price for the league leaders.
only1post
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by only1post »

92 minute penalty for the money?
r99c

Post by r99c »

Spirit Of Hale is 6/1 on b365 in the Southwell opener (12.10) - this is MASSIVE, I think he should be like 3/1, get on.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Livingston V Ross County.

Livi beat Ross County 4-1 away from home earlier in the season and have scored three in their past two games.

County come off the back of two massive home wins, however have a leaky defence. Last week was the first game in ten that they haven't conceded.

The County team have been hit with norovirus this week, and yesterday it was widely reported only had 8 first teamers available.

Livingston odds have gone from 7/5 down to 5/11. The handicap presents real value, with 365, I have just got Livingston -1 at 13/10.

There is of course a chance the game might be postponed, certainly worth having a dabble just on the off chance it does go ahead.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Hope some of you jumped on, currently 4-0 up.

-1 went to 15/8 this morning.
r99c

Post by r99c »

BOXING DAY SELECTIONS

Kempton
12.50 - South Seas
1.20 - Simply The Betts
1.55 - Black Op
2.30 - Fusil Raffles
3.05 - Cyrname

Leopardstown
1.45 - De Mazzaro
2.20 - Fakir D'Oudairies

Limerick
2.40 - Faugheen (The Machine)
r99c

Post by r99c »

Adding Wetherby 1.35 - SAMMY BILL to this, currently 10/11

Absolutely oozes class, absolutely love his prospects, got him at 33-1 to win any race at Cheltenham. Should complete the hatrick here.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Thanks as always, mate.

Merry Christmas, all the best.

:thup:
Upminster Hammer
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by Upminster Hammer »

2:30 kempton

Getaway trump definitely worth an each way bet, been unlucky in his last 2 and will be tongue tied. His ground too currently 8/1