West Ham Utd 1-2 Leicester City (28/12/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1489 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham United v Leicester City: Match thread (28/12)

Post by smuts »

chappo59 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:25 pm Frederick's is bang average
Cheap and signed for a pittance. Sullivan and Gold's modus operandi
brothernero
Has liked: 741 likes
Total likes: 751 likes

Post by brothernero »

All you can really do is just :lol:
Skandi Brudson
Has liked: 493 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Skandi Brudson »

smuts wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:25 pm Sack him tonight. Enough is enough. :thdn:

Shows some balls Sullivan and get in someone like Kovac.
That’s the thing though Smuts, for all his hanging around with gangsters and hooligans, he hasn’t an ounce of bottle. Dithering old fool.
Softhammer

Post by Softhammer »

This was dog :thdn: . Rice yet again not good enough. Sanchez.. a miracle that he is a professional player. I hope this was his last game ever, there must be a better player than him even in the u-18. Fredericks unable to pass the most simple passes.
Good to have Fabianski back.

:cry:
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 242 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

Shocking attitude and display. Haller's face and demeanour as he sat on the bench said it all. The atmosphere behind the scenes must be demoralizing for all.

Pelle knows he can't rescue this and prob knows he is a goner. Gold Sullivan and brady all to blame. Put some bs out via their usual media sources.

Imagine some of the players will have a shower. Splash some brut over their bollox, don a M & S whistle and flute and head to the club to catch some skirt.

Have a good weekend all.
Daytonahammer
Has liked: 102 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Daytonahammer »

That does it for me lads, pellers has got to go. That haller substitution was like a knife through the heart. Why would you take off Haller and leave Sanchez and Lanzini, who both, are about as useful as t*ts on a nun on the pitch. You know the Antonio/Haller mix works. At half time I said to myself, take of Sanchez for noble and put antonio on for Lanzini. It is clear in my mind now that we need to find a manager that can hopefully steer us clear of relegation and if not can bring us back up after we drop. Absolutely depressing lads, absolutely depressing.
BillUp
Location: If God wanted us to play football in the clouds, he would have put grass there. Brian Clough.
Has liked: 1 like

Post by BillUp »

I am completely and utterly incensed at that performance. Sanchez needs to go to league one in the transfer window, so he can play with like minded players. We have the worst pass completion in the league at 70% average. Its been like this for years.

Pellegrini takes off Haller, our £45 Million striker, and puts on a Winger, effectively leaving us with no Striker on the pitch. 60 seconds later we conceded. So what does he do? Brings on a Striker that hasn't a chance of scoring. Not only this, it leaves us with no subs left. If a player gets injured and taken off, we are down to 10 men, This nearly happened.

We played the whole game with 10 men anyway, until Sanchez came off.

Bye bye Pellegrini, and bye bye owners. Leave now or we as a club are finished in the top flight for years to come, once we get relegated. No ground to call our own, no assets apart from playing staff, of which will be sold off. The money won't be reinvested. We will be finished.
Graza

Post by Graza »

On the face of it losing 1-2 to second in the league shouldn't be considered too bad for us.

However, second in the league is Leicester and it was THEIR ****ing B TEAM.

Only had the radio to go on but never really sounded like we were in it bar a bit at the end of the first half.

Against, and we can't stress this enough, their ****ing b team.

The summer is biting us royally in the arse, the loss of so many better quality reserves, actual attacking alternatives etc... it's so ****ing plain to see.

We need to be able to adapt to games rather than plug away with same old ****.

Also ****ing Sanchez... We nearly went down to 10 and lost Fab for another game because he can't kick a ****ing ball as well as my ****ing 3 year old... I say it every time he plays but surely he can never appear in our colours again?
Hammer of the year
Location: Sweden (Spreading the word of the Lord to the vikings and the polar bears).

Post by Hammer of the year »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:29 pm Record number of away wins when we were last in the Championship. Bring it on.
Interesting. I've been a fan since around 06. It has always felt to me that we are better on the road (even when we had Upton park). Prob thanks to our awesome travelling fans.
Anyway, yeah, bring it on!
Ding
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 511 likes

Post by Ding »

He's lost he dressing room, hasn't he? Reminds me of the last days of Bilic. Hapless.

There was a noticeable change in the desire of the players after he brought Ayeti on and we went 2 up top in the last 10 minutes. My guess is that his stubbornness in persisting in one up top and not preparing his team against specific opposition other than "play like a big team" has destroyed players confidence and belief. Some players speak out and others toe the line and out goes team cohesion.

There was no shape. No tactics. No confidence. And for the most of it, no desire.

This is hopeless. He has got to go now.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 870 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:23 pm We've had the piss taken out of us here...disgraceful.
Leicester knew we were so s*** they coul field a team of reserves and still come away with all three points. Beyond embarrassing and beyond hope.
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

When we stayed up last time, it was because we had Arnie and we were good in attack but not in defence. With this squad we aren't actually any good in any area of the pitch. We dont create any chances and we always seem to conceed 2+ goals a game. Not also are our players slow with little quality with no interest in fighting for the badge, I find that a lot of them are quite brainless anyway.
brothernero
Has liked: 741 likes
Total likes: 751 likes

Post by brothernero »

Hammer of the year wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:41 pm Interesting. I've been a fan since around 06. It has always felt to me that we are better on the road (even when we had Upton park). Prob thanks to our awesome travelling fans.
Anyway, yeah, bring it on!

Other than the year in the Fizzy and Bilic's first season as our manager we have been one of the worse away teams going.
delbert
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

Pob! wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:27 pm I just don't care anymore...
I know the feeling mate. I turned my back on the club in 1988 and it took me 12 years to get back into following them again, even then it's not the same. Back then I felt the piss was being royally taken out of me so this time round my commitment is a fraction of what it once was, even that minimal amount is now wearing thin.......
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

i enjoyed the first half for what it's worth, wasn't great quality but it was fun. soon as they scored their second we might aswell have just turned the lights out and got everyone home early though.

the only positive is that it edges us closer to a day of reckoning for the club killers.
smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1489 likes

Post by smuts »

BillUp wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:39 pm I am completely and utterly incensed at that performance. Sanchez needs to go to league one in the transfer window, so he can play with like minded players. We have the worst pass completion in the league at 70% average. Its been like this for years.

Pellegrini takes off Haller, our £45 Million striker, and puts on a Winger, effectively leaving us with no Striker on the pitch. 60 seconds later we conceded. So what does he do? Brings on a Striker that hasn't a chance of scoring. Not only this, it leaves us with no subs left. If a player gets injured and taken off, we are down to 10 men, This nearly happened.

We played the whole game with 10 men anyway, until Sanchez came off.

Bye bye Pellegrini, and bye bye owners. Leave now or we as a club are finished in the top flight for years to come, once we get relegated. No ground to call our own, no assets apart from playing staff, of which will be sold off. The money won't be reinvested. We will be finished.
:thup:

G and S, their expensive past his best razzle dazzle manager in our rented bowl have ruined us.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 519 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

Softhammer wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:34 pm This was dog :thdn: . Rice yet again not good enough. Sanchez.. a miracle that he is a professional player. I hope this was his last game ever, there must be a better player than him even in the u-18. Fredericks unable to pass the most simple passes.
Good to have Fabianski back.

:cry:
Rice is being dragged down by his inept work colleagues.
Either not good enough, Sanchez, Masuaku, Fredricks, Ajeti, physically weak, Anderson, Lanzini and Fornals, or not putting the required effort in, Haller, Diop.
Out of the 14 used today I’d gladly not see around half of them not wear a west ham shirt again.
Last edited by Hammer in Hornchurch on Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

Absolute toilet.
Whats happened to Diop and Lanzini ? Shocking.
Taking Haller off to play Antonio up front on his jack and then bring Ajeti on to play alongside Antonio. WTF ?
Only positive and I'm grasping was the return of Fabs and Fornals looking like a decent buy.
No fight, no passion.
Normally I am so pissed off when we lose, but now it's meh , just like the players attitude.
r99c
Has liked: 703 likes
Total likes: 396 likes

Post by r99c »

With us being relegated, Rice, Haller, Anderson and Fabianski will surely leave. Our owners are cheap skates and will in desperation flog Diop, leaving us without a spine in the team. Noble won't be able to keep pace with a 46 games + cups season. The 'home' ground will have loads of empty seats meaning a shallow lack of atmosphere (think what a bouncing Elland Rd or Ashton Gate is like for away teams), as a result we won't be very attractive to players. The future is extremely bleak.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1848 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Cockneyboy311 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:33 pm ............

How crap have we got to get before they sack him?

You're looking at this from a football point of view, Sullivan isn't. He's looking at it purely financially and is waiting for Pellegrini to resign, which he won't. What reason does he have? This is probably his last proper gig (I don't count China) so why should he be bothered if we're relegated? It's not like he'll be looking for another job, he quite rightly wants his wages or a payoff, Sullivan's too tight or too stubborn to blink first.