West Ham Utd 1-2 Leicester City (28/12/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 207 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham United v Leicester City: Match thread (28/12)

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Vince wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:49 pm Absolute toilet.
Whats happened to Diop and Lanzini ? Shocking.
Taking Haller off to play Antonio up front on his jack and then bring Ajeti on to play alongside Antonio. WTF ?
Only positive and I'm grasping was the return of Fabs and Fornals looking like a decent buy.
No fight, no passion.
Normally I am so pissed off when we lose, but now it's meh , just like the players attitude.
Lanzini is awful. Can't believe the lad is on set pieces. Those lofted corners are going to drive me mad. First thing I'd do would be sell him. He's taken the absolute piss for years.
Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 262 likes

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

The apathetic press conferences from Pellers sum up the bloke for me. Drab, dire, slow and predictable. I imagine that's how he is with team talks in that low mumbly manner, and it doesn't inspire anyone.

Guess today will be his usual 'state the bleedin' obvious' thoughts on the game.

'We concede a second goal so we lose the game' scenario.

The worst run club, toxic from top to bottom with the most uninspiring manager play a fighting spirit and together club with a smart manager and so there was only ever going to be one winner.
MorthwylMawr
Has liked: 399 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by MorthwylMawr »

Shambolic and pitiful display, inept strategy deficient any tactical nous, odd decisions on the subs front. Sanchez, Fredericks and Masuaku were the poorest players on show. The captaincy to Rice was either too much of a shackle or perhaps he just a poor game by coincidence. Itching for leadership but none in display.

I feel sick at the thought of anything West Ham, I can't even begin to think about what a horrible day next Wednesday is going to be. Bournemouth are dross but we're truly next level

Falling out of love with it. Every week invest time and money into following something that brought me so much happiness but now all I feel is anger. I love watching football and often go to random games and have an enjoyable time, something that can't be said when West Ham are involved.
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

The performance for me was pathetic. Some of the defending was comical at times. To lose to a team that has that many changes is not acceptable.

I see no fight or desire and the nature of how we concede is a complete gift to the opposition. First goal the ball was going out. No awareness or shout? The second opened up so easy. Why he thinks Carlos Sanchez is the answer is baffling. Never had it and especially not now at his age.

The team needs to be invested in this window as it looks completely lost of any confidence. I didn't go today and not sure I will against Bournemouth.
nickkarkie
Has liked: 65 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

WHU 1 - 2 LEICESTER RESERVES
Graza

Post by Graza »

Watched sky highlights, 100% red for Fabianski, the boy slightly overhit it and away from goal the only thing that saved him, but couldn't have complained if it had been red. Their first it looks like it was going to go out and we stopped, realised too late and Balbuena gets drawn to the man playing it back in rather than the man who is now unmarked and scoring with ease. Our goal looked really silky. Very nice passing and a good take. First goal for the kid, really pleased for him. Second was just poor in midfield, Diop steps up to try and foul and break it up, fails to do so. Balbuena stops and points to Sanchez to track Grey, he makes the mearest token effort to be somewhere in the vicinity when he finishes well past the keeper.

****ing useless. Against a ****ing B team.
Hammer of the year
Location: Sweden (Spreading the word of the Lord to the vikings and the polar bears).

Post by Hammer of the year »

brothernero wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:45 pm Other than the year in the Fizzy and Bilic's first season as our manager we have been one of the worse away teams going.
Checked the stats, and sure, a couple of seasons our away form is pretty ***** compared to our home form. But at least recently it rarely seems we are one of the worst away teams. Often it's relatively good if you look at how many total points we get. But yeah, I agree I misjudged it a bit. It's rarely better than our home form.

I guess as long as the situation with the OS stays the same, what I first said could more often be the case..
Last edited by Hammer of the year on Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Depressed Hammer

Post by Depressed Hammer »

The line up said all we need to know. Sanchez with Rice as holding? As imaginative as dry toast. He brings off Haller on 55 mins. Why not just put Antonio up with him? I wont watch another game while he is in charge.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 4389 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

That was no worse, and probably considerably better, than recent efforts v Burnley, Newcastle, Spurs - but hardly wonderful.

We actually scored a very good goal, but seemed to completely lose our way with the subs which made no sense. The obvious hook for the first sub was Lanzini.

Some of our lot seem to think that getting stuck in is a bit optional...and that was a huge part of the reason we lost. They were quick into challenge, and committed with it, from start to finish. We have several - mostly in the front 6 - who aren't, and never are.
Last edited by bubbles1966 on Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boom Kid
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Boom Kid »

We need a riot.
Hammer_Time1
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Hammer_Time1 »

I’m so envious of Leicester and Wolves fans. Both have very capable squads, great managers that aren’t tactically inept, owners willing to invest in areas that are needed, and playing in stadia fit for football. We are light years behind where we need to be. Even if we change the manager, there is still so much wrong with the club from the very top. We deserve better owners for sure. So depressing :(

..oh and the game and performance was dreadful; crap in defence and barely look like scoring, a recipe for relegation!
tavbet
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by tavbet »

Anyone remember when the bin dippers were supposedly interested in Diop for 50m? :lol:
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

Would have preferred he first sub to have been both Noble and Antonio coming on.

Would also like to have seen Antonio on the right. Especially against Fuchs who he could have got some joy from.

Is he making a statement to the board that we need players in Jan??
Depressed Hammer

Post by Depressed Hammer »

smuts wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:33 pm Cheap and signed for a pittance. Sullivan and Gold's modus operandi
Both full back are clueless. How many crosses do they put in? Masuaku has so much pace but he is brain dead , same as Freddy. They have no idea what pass to make at that killer moment. Our offensive come out because our holding mid players cannot charge forward with the ball and slot a pass through. Declan can but he has to hold back seeing as he has one pensioner next to him every game. How many more games will Rice play before he pulls a hammy? Then we can see Noble, Snod and Sanchez in the middle. Combined age 101.
I admire and respect Noble but not one of these mid players will get in a side in Premier League . The game is so fast now. Look at their 2nd goal. Just walked through the middle.
Last edited by Depressed Hammer on Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Said it in a previous post if I was advising Rice I'd tell him to get as far away from this toxic club as possible before it destroys him......and believe me it hurts me to say that.
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

We lost by 1 goal to the team second in the league - is it really that bad a result?!
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

What's frustrating is that in the cold light of day, we clearly have players who have real quality such as Anderson, Lanzini, Fornals, Haller, Diop, Fabianski, Rice maybe a few more. Individually they are good players and you can build a real squad around them but under pell its just not working. So if we do go down we'll just get ripped apart like we did when went down with joe cole, defoe, carrick etc...
I personally want to solve our problems in the premier league because not only is the championship a tough league to get out of, I just can't gey excited about playing barnsley on a tuesday night.
Sadly this would mean the owners will spend more time at the club so get why fans would be happy to see us drop.
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

kenthammer1984 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:21 pm We lost by 1 goal to the team second in the league - is it really that bad a result?!
Fishing?
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 228 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

I’m finding it really hard to give a **** these days - when we concede it’s just an inevitability, as is the final whistle with us behind... ughhh
'stone hammer
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 535 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Before the game, looking at the squads, I thought we should be well in with a shout for this one.

Anyone else absolutely baffled by the Haller sub? Firmly in the Pellegrini out camp now.